• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starhub / Singtel / M1 mobile data & telephone networks comparison - who best / worst

sgp_blackout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pse share your inputs.

I am finding network coverage quality going up and down and unstable with Starhub recently. Watch Youtube outside vomit blood.

:(

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Starhub / Singtel / M1 mobile data & telephone networks comparison - who best / w

Nothing to do with signal coverage or strength. Those telcos are just not upgrading their capacity to handle the traffic. That is why they are rolling out a premium 4G network to separate from the congested 3G network.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Starhub / Singtel / M1 mobile data & telephone networks comparison - who best / w

Nothing to do with signal coverage or strength. Those telcos are just not upgrading their capacity to handle the traffic. That is why they are rolling out a premium 4G network to separate from the congested 3G network.

Traffic too high. Due to smartphone and touch pad. Everyone online when free in bus/MRT/taxi/toilet/waiting .../walking(very dangerous see many people do so sure one day hit bu vehicle)/ eating...........

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pse share your inputs.

I am finding network coverage quality going up and down and unstable with Starhub recently. Watch Youtube outside vomit blood.

:(

Does it matter? Starhub, Singtel, M1, at the end of the day, the money end up in the same coffer....

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal

i sticked with singtel for the past 13 years although i know it's run by the pappies. reason being, you make noise, they will take steps to minimise the problems, especially involving bills. starhub, last time, i made noise, they bochup!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ummm. Last time I used 3G service (Singtel) in Sinking land (Late 2010), it was very very fast. Even faster than my LOS ADSL line.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies Screwed Big Time

Traffic too high. Due to smartphone and touch pad. Everyone online when free in bus/MRT/taxi/toilet/waiting .../walking(very dangerous see many people do so sure one day hit bu vehicle)/ eating...........

Using the mobile data plan is really like shit in the day time (at night, faster). Bo bian, I sometimes end up using Wifi from some outlets instead. Sinkies are all screwed big time with fascists making lots and lots of money. All suckered !

22862748_suckers_xlarge.jpeg

Muachee

Alfrescian
Loyal

same shit with Singtel, used to be good but recent 2 months was up and down, worst thing was the Pinoy phone support, the idiot ask me to take out the SIM card and rub it to improve connectivity.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

same shit with Singtel, used to be good but recent 2 months was up and down, worst thing was the Pinoy phone support, the idiot ask me to take out the SIM card and rub it to improve connectivity.

I like this one :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm using Singtel's broadband & recently had problems connecting to this forum. Last month when I couldn't connect to anything they told me they were doing maintenance:rolleyes:
Something is obviously going on which they are not telling their customers:(

My contract is up for renewal soon. I'd jump ship IF it would improve things. I doubt this will happen so I'll just sign up with the cheapest service provider. At least I won't overpay for poor service:wink:

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal

starhub is the most bochup. they always send me vouchers to get new mobile. when i call to tell them that i was waiting for the 4s and the voucher is expiring, the customer service guy just said "then u call in every month to extend ur voucher lor". i think this is good bochup service?

i went to the shop once to complain about misinformation by one of the customer service officer who was working there. the guy who was serving me just said, "we dont know what she told u. u come back and look for her when she is working." this is definitely bad bochup service.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lppl

starhub is the most bochup.

You know our situation here. Really LPPL type. We have no choice. I can tell you that the Sing And Tell also no use one lah. Another bochup contingent too. They can't be bothered at all : you wanna buy, then quickly buy and get lost. So, I think the same story island wide. So, you are not alone.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm using Singtel's broadband & recently had problems connecting to this forum. Last month when I couldn't connect to anything they told me they were doing maintenance:rolleyes:
Something is obviously going on which they are not telling their customers:(

My contract is up for renewal soon. I'd jump ship IF it would improve things. I doubt this will happen so I'll just sign up with the cheapest service provider. At least I won't overpay for poor service:wink:

They wanted to upgrade mine with the OpenNet system and told me 2 months free but need to pay additional $10/= more per month. As my contract ending I told them I might want to change to another ISP. When other ISP's are offering cheaper contracts why am I paying extra after being a loyal customer for 10 years?

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know no matter which one I sign contract with will also not improve my connections. Only within Singapore can I expect faster connections but once out of Singapore the story is the same, poor connectivity. Therefore what use in having 200 mbps or even 2000 mbps? Might as well forget about OpenNet. Besides, I am very wary that the new system will allow them to spy on me more efficiently. I don't trust any of them at all.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They wanted to upgrade mine with the OpenNet system and told me 2 months free but need to pay additional $10/= more per month. As my contract ending I told them I might want to change to another ISP. When other ISP's are offering cheaper contracts why am I paying extra after being a loyal customer for 10 years?

Singtel's plans are always the most expensive among the three telcos.

Singtel is also prone to sneakily billing you for something extra or something which hadn't been used.

I have never been a Singtel/Singnet customer, not even for dialup or pager.

First handphone plan was Starhub (year: 2000 or 2001), and still on Starhub after all these years.

Went with Pacnet for ADSL for some years, before switching to Starhub cable internet.