• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starhub LEEtrenches 300 staff this week, many snr mgr >15 years

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did these people reach the unofficial retirement age of 40? I wonder how many are Sporeans who supported the PAP i.e the 70%?
The PAP needs the vacancy for the incoming hordes of Indian nationals,=.

Now maybe the retrenched have had their rude awakening & angry enough to join the 30%

Voice their unhaPaPiness, they most likely WILL. It's unlikeLEE they would continue the unscrupulous and manipulative $$$elf-$$$erving LEEders.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am amazed how the media can portray this retrenchment as good ...Lol :biggrin:
Welcum to Singapore :biggrin:
Why not good?
You forgotten what Wooden Goh said?:biggrin:
quote-retrenchment-is-good-for-singapore-if-there-is-no-retrenchments-then-i-worry-goh-chok-tong-80-36-53.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The number of years retrenchment pay out is capped at a certain number of years, I forgot, how many..I think it was 25 years?. In the past, there was no cap...the problem arose I think it was the Overseas Union Bank & United Overseas Union Bank merger years ago. They had a lot of 'dinosaurs' in the banks, that went back to the "Jurassic" period...to pay them last drawn salaries to the number of years they serve will burn a hole in the bank's 'vault'. From that time on, there is a benchmark or is it in Employment Act? that cap to a number of years...not to " Jurassic Park period".

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Show me an elite who cares and I will post siaogin's rotten cheebye on this forum.

There were and are but none were and are from the PAP. I regard the late Mr and Mrs Wee Kim Wee as respectable models. Mr Chiam See Tong is another creditable example. There were/are many others.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the top management run out of ideas on how to increase profits, they resort to cutting cost by retrenching the most expensive staff-basically in this case the senior managers.
The irony is that the very same people whose decision cause the company to be less profitable are retained while they release the senior managers who merely implement the top management's decision.
The die was cast when Starhub lost the bidding for the EPL contract and even I a hardcore Starhub supporter was forced to switch to Singtel.
Singtel massively overpaid for the EPL contract and did us a big disservice by charging the highest EPL price in the world and ironically was rewarded for it!
In other countries , protest against Singtel EPL pricing would have made its position untenable but in Singapore, they get away with it-being a GLC.
Where else can you find 70% voting for a govt that favours foreigners?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the top management run out of ideas on how to increase profits, they resort to cutting cost by retrenching the most expensive staff-basically in this case the senior managers.
The irony is that the very same people whose decision cause the company to be less profitable are retained while they release the senior managers who merely implement the top management's decision.
The die was cast when Starhub lost the bidding for the EPL contract and even I a hardcore Starhub supporter was forced to switch to Singtel.
Singtel massively overpaid for the EPL contract and did us a big disservice by charging the highest EPL price in the world and ironically was rewarded for it!
In other countries , protest against Singtel EPL pricing would have made its position untenable but in Singapore, they get away with it-being a GLC.
Where else can you find 70% voting for a govt that favours foreigners?
KNN the best part is that the very top mgt asked the senior mgt for ideas to cut cost then the senior mgt find ways to short change the lowest hierachy then finally themselves get chop KNN

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I really wish one of ur Maggots in White said in public and have it printed in Shit Times.

The good ESM once said that if there were no recessions in Singapore, he would worry for its future.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will you put up show the Holy Goh's quotes on LED displays in Orchard road? You should honour that man!

He just has published his book, go & buy & honour that man. Soon, every one of the PAP will write their memoirs & you have to employ a librarian to keep check, especially if you include the late LKY works. His, comes in few languages & medias..not only a librarian you need you need an archivist too.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am inspired by the late Ah Gong, keling ah gong and now ESM Goh. Would should be the title of John Tan's memoirs?