• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Staged hanging of national flags in HDB estates

temasekreview

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every year as 9 August approaches, the grassroots machinery of the ruling party will move into high gear to decorate their respective neighborhoods with the national flags.

Extra workers will be employed to hang the flags along the roads, on the decks of multi-storey car parks, at the markets, shops, schools and at every visible corner of the estate. Of late, banners depicting photos of PAP MPs “celebrating” National Day with the residents hung on roadside lamps are ubiquitous throughout the island. (has anybody wondered how much taxpayers’ money has been spent on these ostentatious displays of “patriotism” to ‘celebrate’ national day?)

Grassroots volunteers will come knocking on every household urging them to hang the national flag at their balconies. The community clubs, schools, government buildings will be completely awashed with the national colors of white and red.

The mainstream media will trumpet the achievements of leaders of the ruling party ad nauseum, remind Singaporeans of the “long” way we have since independence and to get the nation into a celebratory mood with daily coverage of the national day parade previews.

Read rest of article here:

http://temasekreview.com/?p=11548

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should use the PAP flag when cleaning ass leh...

PAP is PAP

Spore is Spore

That is the saddest people, most people after so many years of SINgapore BIRTHDAYS...even we have forgotten, NATIONAL DAYS, or Merdeka Days, equate the Flag of a Nation (SINgapore) with that of the political party, People's Action Party.

We stand up when the flag is flown, for we are proud to be a Nation. Not using the Flag of the country, as some decoration, all over the roadside, hanging the wrong way..and in one constitunecy some while back, the flags were stuck flat on the grasses like some banners or decorations..

Where is the pride?, do we still stand up and sing the National Anthem?, doesn't matter if we do not know the words or even the complete words?

The answer is No!...for many perceive the flag is the flag of PAP...and National Day..had become HAPPY BIRTHDAY sinPAPORE, and they expect the people to recite the pledge...it would be like eating, MEE SIAM WITHOUT HUM....:(

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what we get, when we allow real life TRAITORS from WW2 to run our country.

That is the saddest people, most people after so many years of SINgapore BIRTHDAYS...even we have forgotten, NATIONAL DAYS, or Merdeka Days, equate the Flag of a Nation (SINgapore) with that of the political party, People's Action Party.

We stand up when the flag is flown, for we are proud to be a Nation. Not using the Flag of the country, as some decoration, all over the roadside, hanging the wrong way..and in one constitunecy some while back, the flags were stuck flat on the grasses like some banners or decorations..

Where is the pride?, do we still stand up and sing the National Anthem?, doesn't matter if we do not know the words or even the complete words?

The answer is No!...for many perceive the flag is the flag of PAP...and National Day..had become HAPPY BIRTHDAY sinPAPORE, and they expect the people to recite the pledge...it would be like eating, MEE SIAM WITHOUT HUM....:(

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP is PAP

Spore is Spore

To me flag or anthem, no meaning all created by pappies cronies...worse is the pledge...like i said before doesn't mean born singaporean that means must be patriotic..

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP is PAP

Spore is Spore

I got one from the grassroot dogs last week when they come knocking at my door and I took the flag and left in on sofa.
Next morning, I saw my dog use it as blanket to sleep :p i think he loves it :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mayflag.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why dun opposition put up other country flags

you know like brazil

or cuba

or china

there are law that against wrongly place singapore flag

is there a law to prevent another country flag to place in own pigeon hole

sort of sign of protest as well.

ho ching lost billions of national wealth, surely sinkies dun dare street protest, what about placing foreign flags outside your pigeon hole. of course, most have no idea where to get flags, but i am sure there are flag maker in singapore.

Last edited: