• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST Editorial: SG xenophobic. We need FT!

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of these Hongkies did end up in Spore. Had them working at my work place, an american MNC, but they have slowly disappeared to end up in Australis or back to HK.

Yes, a hongkie who actually decided to go back rather than stay in Spore. :rolleyes:

From my conversations with my colleagues who are real FT(Aussie, PRC, ROC, filipinos, Indians...) none plan to stay on in Spore :biggrin:

Why not? What is really so bad about Singapore? They must be pretty short-sighted.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong is a rubbish place, where people inject themselves publicly outside MRT stations and in open-air carparks and dump the syringes there.

Should have open sex also. Stomp would explode ~

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not? What is really so bad about Singapore? They must be pretty short-sighted.

Its always about job, pay & working conditions

Since the company transfered the HR responsibilities from the HK to the Spore office. The Spore office has been cutting the benefits & a gap has been developing between the different grades. The local HR office also tried to interfere with the regional hirings of staff.

You see the company had hired some ex-GLCs HR staff & they brought in the Spore cultures of doing things, to what is an american MNCs. These people obviously felt they had to show they were doing their "jobs" by going after the benefits. Never mind that these benefits were being enjoyed by the other employees worldwide :rolleyes:

Thats why lesser mortals are doomed in the long run. If an MNCs stays long enough in Spore, the worst practises of Spore(anti worker policies) will be be adopted :rolleyes:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its always about job, pay & working conditions

You see the company had hired some ex-GLCs HR staff & they brought in the Spore cultures of doing things, to what is an american MNCs. These people obviously felt they had to show they were doing their "jobs" by going after the benefits. Never mind that these benefits were being enjoyed by the other employees worldwide :rolleyes:

Thats why lesser mortals are doomed in the long run. If an MNCs stays long enough in Spore, the worst practises of Spore(anti worker policies) will be be adopted :rolleyes:

<style></style>An old uncle told me this.Perhaps someone who knows could verify.That LKY started the ball rolling in the 60s.That is cutting benefits to workforce.It began in the then PSA.PSA was the live line to Sinkie's economy.Everything else in Sinkie revolved around PSA in those days.When PAP came into power it started to cut benefits to the workforce .Lots of benefits were given by the British to the PSA workforce and coolies to keep the moral high.Entered LKY era and the experiment of cutting benefits began.Soon CPF gave way to pension schemes.Pension schemes than included free medical care and etc.Soon all these disappeared.

A classical example is our SAF.Soldiers are treated with respect and dignity all around the world.Benefits to soldiers are considered norm not privileges.In sinkie under PAP soldiers are expected to insure themselves with their own money for unexpected accidents while on tour of duty ....WTF!

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal
<style></style>Some corrections here.Oh yes PAP did try to emulate the West by only granting PR status to wealthy and educated foreigners initially.An old uncle once told me a foreigner need to deposit a $million or so to be even granted a business visa to stay in Sinkie.Even the male foreign spouses(usually highly educated Caucasians) married to female sinkies were denied PR(s).That was before.

Why than now the PAP had opened the floodgate to any Ah Tiongs ,Ah Nehs and penoy prostitutes to walk right into sinkie suka suka?.I figure it has to do with LKY failure to attract Honkies when HK was handed over to China.PAP figured Honkies would rush to flood sinkie taking up PR(s) & citizenships.Instead they skip sinkie over- their preference for the west.The reasons are pretty obvious.Sinkie's climate-- both the weather and sinkies stifling politics was unbearable.It cripples their free enterprising spirit..

So the flood of uneducated and uncouth Ah Tiongs,Ah Nehs and Penoys is pretty much what PAP wants.It increases the numbers and it therefore increases the consumptions.Monopolistic state controlled enterprises in sinkie controls almost all consumptions here.Health care,MRT,PUB,HDB,NTUC,Starhub and etc etc etc.

Sinkies emigration policy is not about quality but QUANTITY.

No, what I meant was SG Gov finally opened the doors to the THIRD WORLD way after the US & various angmo nations started to do so during the Tech boom. I think, SG adopted the open door policy for the THIRD WORLD at the start of the Tech bust. Again, the major difference was that the US immigration policy actually went for skilled expertise/wealth/possible turncoats at the time - candidates beneficial to their adopted nations. On the other hand, SG was indiscriminate and as you say, only cared about "quantity" to the detriment of locals.

Yes, it's all about maintaining the SG Gov taxbase.
Where I'm at, I can also attest at the frigging low academic, social & civility standards of the hygienically-challenged, "enlightened & educated" angmos. The angmos' xenophobia makes local Singas "hatred" for foreigners look like a drawn-out love affair.

We're not just talking about "thrown beer bottles" or "racial abuse" but regular assaults, rapes & murders - which the angmo press & police consistently downplay by reporting very little about them & constantly denying race was a factor in spite of the patterns. Then, we also have lovely malicious prosecution & race-based sentencing where Asians're consistently punished far more seriously than angmos committing the same crime.

Over the years, I've collected a huge amount of newspaper articles on Asians being victimised here & in mainly broad daylight. The figures are so startling that I suspect the authorities tacitly turn a blind eye to that in order to preserve their lucrative tourism & international student industry.

By now, you'd probably guess which country it is.
They're for all intents & purposes, rampaging rednecks. The national psyche of the whole country reflects this proudly though they'll deny it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<style></style>An old uncle told me this.Perhaps someone who knows could verify.That LKY started the ball rolling in the 60s.That is cutting benefits to workforce.It began in the then PSA.PSA was the live line to Sinkie's economy...

I know a Chinese Indonesian uncle who spent over a decade or two in Spore in the construction industry. He was involved in many of the major projects in Spore.

He doesn't have a degree but is a wise person who's probably now a multi-millionaire. He's into alot of different investments but its hard to tell his worth since he's usually in shorts & T-shirt & I'm too polite to ask his worth:biggrin:

He has alot of stories to share of the old, old days & he tells me it was better under the British. He never took up Spore citizenship because he could see the many restrictions imposed by the PAP. :smile:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<STYLE></STYLE>An old uncle told me this.Perhaps someone who knows could verify.That LKY started the ball rolling in the 60s.That is cutting benefits to workforce.It began in the then PSA.PSA was the live line to Sinkie's economy.Everything else in Sinkie revolved around PSA in those days.When PAP came into power it started to cut benefits to the workforce .Lots of benefits were given by the British to the PSA workforce and coolies to keep the moral high.Entered LKY era and the experiment of cutting benefits began.Soon CPF gave way to pension schemes.Pension schemes than included free medical care and etc.Soon all these disappeared.

A classical example is our SAF.Soldiers are treated with respect and dignity all around the world.Benefits to soldiers are considered norm not privileges.In sinkie under PAP soldiers are expected to insure themselves with their own money for unexpected accidents while on tour of duty ....WTF!

While the Papayas enjoy benefits and at the state's expenses. If this is not corruption, what is?

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know a Chinese Indonesian uncle who spent over a decade or two in Spore in the construction industry. He was involved in many of the major projects in Spore.

He doesn't have a degree but is a wise person who's probably now a multi-millionaire. He's into alot of different investments but its hard to tell his worth since he's usually in shorts & T-shirt & I'm too polite to ask his worth:biggrin:

He has alot of stories to share of the old, old days & he tells me it was better under the British. He never took up Spore citizenship because he could see the many restrictions imposed by the PAP. :smile:

I know of a Japanese businessman dealing in architecture who spent a great deal of his life in the Malay Archipelago. He does have quite the look of an indigenous naturalized Malay hahahaha.

He told me he was in Malaya when Singapore was still part of the Malayan Union, and when Singapore left, people like him were given the choice of remaining in Malaysia as a citizen or go over to take up citizenship in Singapore. After a bit of analysis he chose the former and today he tells me he is glad he made the right choice.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps that is because the Singapore Treasury is limited compared to the Treasury of the British Empire? Isn't this obvious? When you have more, you would naturally give more.

<style></style>An old uncle told me this.Perhaps someone who knows could verify.That LKY started the ball rolling in the 60s.That is cutting benefits to workforce.It began in the then PSA.PSA was the live line to Sinkie's economy.Everything else in Sinkie revolved around PSA in those days.When PAP came into power it started to cut benefits to the workforce .Lots of benefits were given by the British to the PSA workforce and coolies to keep the moral high.Entered LKY era and the experiment of cutting benefits began.Soon CPF gave way to pension schemes.Pension schemes than included free medical care and etc.Soon all these disappeared.