• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST cover-up for Tharman

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - ST cover-up for Tharman</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>teh_si <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:02 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 3) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19455.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>ST edited out "it is a matter of public interest' from Tharman's reply.
==
From the first page of TODAY 19 Aug:
People do want to know, there is curiosity; it is a matter of public interest. But that is not sufficient reason to disclose information,” said Mr Shanmugaratnam...
[URL="http://imcms2.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/pdf/20090819/1908FPG001.pdf"]http://imcms2.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/pdf/20090819/1908FPG001.pdf[/URL]
==
From page B6 of Straits Times 19 Aug "Goodyear's departure not due to shared values":
Mr Low Thia Khiang: I'm simply asking information of Temasek: What is the strategic difference, and when (did) it emerge? I'm not asking the Government to intrude.
Mr Tharman: The board together with Mr Goodyear issued a carefully crafted statement. Both sides agreed on the statement. I do not think it's advisable for the Government to comment further on the matter and add grist to the mill. People do want to know. There's curiosity. But that is not sufficient reason to disclose information. It is not sufficient that there be curiosity and interest.
This applies to private sector organisations, listed companies. Sometimes they disclose the reasons, sometimes they don't. It depends on the circumstances of departure. Is it mutual, amicable, is there an understanding between the parties as to what should be kept private and what should be made public?
It will not be advisable, nor in the interest of Temasek or Mr Goodyear, for us to comment further. It serves no strategic purpose. I understand the interest but it serves no strategic purpose.

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 8/19/2009 12:10 pm by teh_si</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - ST cover-up for Tharman</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>teh_si <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>9:02 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 3) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>19455.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>ST edited out "it is a matter of public interest' from Tharman's reply.
==
From the first page of TODAY 19 Aug:
People do want to know, there is curiosity; it is a matter of public interest. But that is not sufficient reason to disclose information,” said Mr Shanmugaratnam...
[URL="http://imcms2.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/pdf/20090819/1908FPG001.pdf"]http://imcms2.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/pdf/20090819/1908FPG001.pdf[/URL]
==
From page B6 of Straits Times 19 Aug "Goodyear's departure not due to shared values":
Mr Low Thia Khiang: I'm simply asking information of Temasek: What is the strategic difference, and when (did) it emerge? I'm not asking the Government to intrude.
Mr Tharman: The board together with Mr Goodyear issued a carefully crafted statement. Both sides agreed on the statement. I do not think it's advisable for the Government to comment further on the matter and add grist to the mill. People do want to know. There's curiosity. But that is not sufficient reason to disclose information. It is not sufficient that there be curiosity and interest.
This applies to private sector organisations, listed companies. Sometimes they disclose the reasons, sometimes they don't. It depends on the circumstances of departure. Is it mutual, amicable, is there an understanding between the parties as to what should be kept private and what should be made public?
It will not be advisable, nor in the interest of Temasek or Mr Goodyear, for us to comment further. It serves no strategic purpose. I understand the interest but it serves no strategic purpose.

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 8/19/2009 12:10 pm by teh_si</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
When Tharma started off,I looked up on him as one wise man.

Now,my frank opinion is that he is just a pile of rubbish.

I see him often at Botanical Garden,and that is how I look at him,a big pile of rubbish

Pl forgive my non-sense,but it is indeed my very frank opinion!