• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sporting Lisbon disappointed to make Uefa black list

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sporting Lisbon disappointed to make Uefa black list

The Portuguese giants have admitted to owing a small amount money after making a number of expensive signings, but believe a communication error led to their inclusion

Sep 13, 2012 4:40:00 PM

By Tom Maston

160106hp2.jpg

Sporting Lisbon have claimed that Uefa has made a mistake in naming them on the list of 23 teams who have outstanding payments and will therefore have their prize money withheld.

The capital club side believe that the European governing body released the list before the October 14 deadline and that has meant that the name of last year's Europa League semi-finalists has been included.

The 18-time Portuguese champions have admitted owing a minor amount to another club, but club president Luis Godinho Lopes has told of his surprise at the revelations.

"I can't say that I am pleased with the ruckus around this issue," he told reporters. "I was sad to see Sporting's name mentioned, there was a communication error."

The Estadio Jose Alvalade outfit last year posted losses of €46 million after making a number of big-money signings, but claim that they have paid all their taxes and social security payments.

The club's vice-president Jose Guedes has also confirmed that the club owe no salary payments and reassured his team's fans that the amounts owed were negligible.

"The case is related to payments to football clubs and the sums are really not too big," he said.