• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore's Everest team reaches the summit

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20090520-142630.html

S'pore's Everest team reaches the summit

Wed, May 20, 2009
AsiaOne

Three Singaporean women have conquered Mount Everest.

Ms Jane Lee, Ms Lee Li Hui and Ms Esther Tan began ascending Everest on May 8 and arrived between 3.45am and 4.43am at the peak

The world's tallest mountain at 8,850 metres above sea level.

When told of the news, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, and patron of the team's expedition, said, "This is another historic achievement for Singapore. I am very proud of what our Singapore Women's Everest team has accomplished.

"It takes courage, determination and excellent leadership and teamwork to scale the world's highest peak. They have once again demonstrated what our people can do against all odds when we set our minds to it.

"This is the spirit of Singapore. I hope it will inspire many more Singaporeans to go forth and pursue their passions and achieve their goals".

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
they have proven without reasonable doubt that what bragger-adventurer-khoo did was nothing great..:biggrin:

any half-past six person with the correct logistical support would be able to climb mount everest, as long as u have enough time and $..:biggrin:

Z

Zombie

any half-past six person with the correct logistical support would be able to climb mount everest, as long as u have enough time and $..:biggrin:

I thought Mount Everest is no longer a "world-class" conquest,
UNLESS you go without Oxygen/without Sherpas,
ELSE you try racing uphill in Speed Ascent.

:confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"This is the spirit of Singapore. I hope it will inspire many more Singaporeans to go forth and pursue their passions and achieve their goals".

I do hope that, during elections Singaporeans will just do that!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Mount Everest is no longer a "world-class" conquest,
UNLESS you go without Oxygen/without Sherpas,
ELSE you try racing uphill in Speed Ascent.

:confused:

Agree....if this was 30 years ago... I SALUTE THE WOMEN, they may try landing on the sun at night... that would be an achievement:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I do hope that, during elections Singaporeans will just do that!!!

The only inspiration i would like to see from a sinkie is that they face up to the one who screw them daily rather than bend down even further for screwing.

Maybe to a sinkie, bending down further is an inspiration.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only inspiration i would like to see from a sinkie is that they face up to the one who screw them daily rather than bend down even further for screwing.

haiz.. try harder to impress CB Kia tonychat..:cool:

u r getting lamer by the day:oIo:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can't hum the tune 'suicides is painless'...would belittle the spirit of the song....sinkies areholes are 'painless', especially the 66.6%, they enjoyed being screwed , day in & day out...and LOVING IT!..gosh!, what a bummer!:eek: uniquely sinGAPORE!

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/430461/1/.html

Singapore's all-women team successfully summit Mt Everest
Posted: 20 May 2009 0843 hrs

phpHpsiRX.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE: The Singapore NATAS SWET Everest team have made it, reaching the summit of the world's tallest mountain, 8,850 metres above sea level.

Lee Li Hui, 27, Esther Tan, 26, and Jane Lee, 25, stepped on the top of the world at 3.45am, 3.54am and 4.43am Wednesday Nepali time respectively, making the team the first Singaporean women to reach the world's tallest mountain.

The second summit team are currently on the way from Camp 2 to Camp 3 and they plan to go for the summit on May 22.

When told of the successful summit, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, and patron of the team's expedition, said: "This is another historic achievement for Singapore. I am very proud of what our Singapore Women's Everest team has accomplished.

"It takes courage, determination and excellent leadership and teamwork to scale the world's highest peak. They have once again demonstrated what our people can do against all odds when we set our minds to it.

"This is the spirit of Singapore. I hope it will inspire many more Singaporeans to go forth and pursue their passions and achieve their goals."

- CNA/ir

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, i am impress.

so my prediction of them not making it is unfound.

let hope they can get down safely.

and also wish the second 3 women team good luck.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_379268.html

A historic achievement

Everestphone.jpg

On top of the world but still in touch with home... the NATAS Singapore Women's Everest Team conquered Mount Everest early on Wednesday. -- PHOTO: NATAS SWET

THE Singapore Women's Everest team which conquered the world's tallest mountain early on Wednesday has shown that Singaporeans can succeed against all odds if they set their minds on it, said Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivan Balakrishnan.
When told of the news, Dr Balakrishnan said: 'This is another historic achievement for Singapore. I am very proud of what our Singapore Women's Everest team has accomplished. It takes courage, determination and excellent leadership and teamwork to scale the world's highest peak.

'They have once again demonstrated what our people can do against all odds when we set our minds to it. This is the spirit of Singapore. I hope it will inspire many more Singaporeans to go forth and pursue their passions and achieve their goals.'

Three of the six-women expedition - Ms Lee Li Hui, 27, Ms Esther Tan, 26, and Ms Jane Lee, 25 - reached the peak of the 8,950 metre Everest at 3.45am, 3.54am and 4.43am on Wednesday Nepal time respectively, making them the first Singaporean women to conquer Everest.

The second team, comprising Joanne Soo, Sim Yihui and Lee Peh Gee, is on its way and plans to summit on Friday. The women climbers began their ascent on May 8.

In further remarks on the team's conquest, Dr Balakrishnan said in his Facebook page: 'It has been seven years in the making. Now it's reality.

'Early this morning, Jane Lee, Lee Li Hui and Esther Tan reached the summit of Mt Everest. They deserve our admiration, respect and congratulations for their tenacity, determination and never say die spirit.

'I hope more young Singaporeans will be inspired to single mindedly pursue their dreams.

'Joanne Soo, Sim Yihui and Lee Peh Gee will soon be on their way. I'm confident they will do us proud too.'

Read also:
S'pore team reaches peak>br>Climbers escape avalanche

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_379330.html

Climbers escape avalanche
By Diana Othman

sg-avalanche.jpg

Even when terrains were not steep, the trek could still be extremely gruelling. -- PHOTO: NATAS SWET

SINGAPORE'S first all-women Everest expedition team escaped a major avalanche and trekked through giant blocks of ice in semi-darkness a week before they finally made it to the top of the world.

This near miss and the hazards they faced in their treacherous climb to the 8,850 metres Everest - the world's tallest mountain - are recorded in their blog entries as they began their ascent to the summit on May 8.

The first three members finally made it to the peak early on Wednesday. The other three members are expected to reach the summit on Friday.

The team missed a huge avalanche by just hours after they returned from their third acclimatisation cycle. The Singaporean climbers were safely back at base camp and waiting for better weather when the avalanche swept down the mountain side, breaking off a massive section of ice.

The team members recorded this near miss in their blog entries about a week before their ascent up the world's tallest mountain. It was their latest entry.

Wrote a team member: 'We're thankful to be safely back at base camp... this is a timely reminder for us that climbing is a humbling sport. Climbers don't conquer Everest, they survive this giant of creation.'

Other hazards they blogged about included ploughing through difficult terrains.

The team had climbed Ihoste Face, a sheer face of near-vertical ice stretching 800m, in late April and had get back down to base camp after that with oxygen bottles, weighing 7.5kg, strapped on their backpacks.

A team mate wrote: 'The terrain on this face is extremely steep and climbers have been known to experience difficulty kicking into the hard and dry ice on this section.'

In a previous entry dated April 23, the team wrote about how they had to struggle against rough conditions during their second acclimatisation cycle.

They had to travel through giant blocks of ice in semi-darkness.

'Climbing in the morning also meant having to endure low temperatures, and it was through this blanket of sub-zero coldness that we journeyed through multiple crevasses and vertical sections with the use of ladders,' said an entry.

Even when terrains were not steep, the trek could still be extremely gruelling.

'Even though the terrain (towards one of the camps) wasn't particularly steep, every step we took was draining because of the high altitude,' wrote a team mate.

Read also:
S'pore team reaches peak
A historic achievement

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_379268.html
Three of the six-women expedition - Ms Lee Li Hui, 27, Ms Esther Tan, 26, and Ms Jane Lee, 25 - reached the peak of the 8,950 metre Everest at 3.45am, 3.54am and 4.43am on Wednesday Nepal time respectively, making them the first Singaporean women to conquer Everest.

wow the first gal took 3.45, while the last one took 4.43, the fitness of the third one is bad compare to the first one.

the achievement is great yes for singapore woman, but the other singpaore woman losing billions in a few months also pretty great achievement, even if you take a hawker or taxi driver to run tameask , you will not get such losses.
i guarantee you. her president scholar is pretty much toilet paper.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their pics looks like base camp to me.

Any photo of the 3 at the peak planting a Singapore flag there to show ? If really reached the peak, any person would want a pic at the peak right ?

I recall reading a case where someone claimed to reach the peak, but in reality he did not.

Hmmm..........

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tsk! Tsk! :o

TLLM is totally clueless about politics, just know how to suck cocks and fuck his own old mother and posting worthless posts and kena ass hard hard by me...

How last night? I gave it to your asshole good right?

:biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asshole TLLM cannot tahan all my assing here have to create some many nicks to take on Uncle me.

Tsk! Tsk! :o

Bend down on all fours to be ass hard once again by your nemesis!

:biggrin: