• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sph slam NS slaves again !! We become like carpet let FT and girls walk all over us.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
So are you their Mr Right?

By Maureen Koh and Crystal Chan

THEY are attractive, well-educated, have good careers and are financially independent.

They have gone through several relationships. And yet...

Singapore women like them occupy space on the mind of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who devoted a substantial portion of last Sunday's National Day Rally speech to their plight - and its impact on a society's procreation problem.

Reason: They are into their late 20s - and still single.

Why?

If you are their Mr Right, this is what they would like you to know.

MISS CANDY SOH, 27, PRESCHOOL TEACHER

I'm single but not desperate because...

I've treated all my previous relationships seriously, to the extent that I almost got married in 2006.

We had booked a flat, bought a bridal package and paid the deposit for the banquet.

But things started to spiral downwards when he left all the wedding preparation to my parents and me.

Maybe I had cold feet too because other negative traits started to surface.

He was too possessive and he didn't like that I was outgoing.

It's one thing if we're talking about bad habits, but hey, that's me, it's my personality and that's what makes me unique.

So the obvious ending was to go our separate ways.

It's better now than later.

Singaporean men are a turn-off because...

Some kiss and tell. I feel that's really disgusting and ethically wrong.

Or those that gossip and bitch endlessly, like san gu liu po (nosy relatives).

Control freaks - like my ex-fiance - also put me off.

We're all adults and as long as we don't fool around, I don't feel you should demand that your partner reports your every movement. That's so wrong.

Oh, while I enjoy being pampered, I am no damsel in distress.

For some strange reason, some men seem to think that male chivalry is a display of security. Please, we're not living in medieval times.

My ideal partner is...

Someone who is financially stable. I don't need him to possess the 5Cs (car, condo, cash, credit card, and country club membership) but it'll definitely help if we don't have to worry about bills before the next pay-day.

Okay, this sounds contradictory from what I've just said, but he must also have time for me and the family.

He doesn't have to be drop-dead gorgeous, just pleasant to the eye. This is for life, you know.

Lastly, he does not have to be as gregarious as me, but please don't stop me from being myself.

My response to PM Lee's National Day Rally...

While I can understand PM's concern, I seriously don't think matchmaking is going to work. Especially not if our parents intervene, that's so "or-bit" (slang for outdated).

It's silly to get married for the sake of getting married.

But yes, when the right man comes along at the right time, I will certainly go for it.

When that happens, I'll definitely have babies. I don't need incentives to spur me on.

This article was first published in The New Paper on Aug 24, 2008.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: sph slam NS slaves again !! We become like carpet let FT and girls walk all over

Singapore women like them occupy space on the mind of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who devoted a substantial portion of last Sunday's National Day Rally speech to their plight - and its impact on a society's procreation problem.

Reason: They are into their late 20s - and still single.

Their sinkieness causes it. Many of my singapore female friends are married and their character are not the sinkie type. Those who has the most sinkie traits are either divorce or still single and beating themselves to death.