• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPH and MediaCorp in trouble and staff to leave ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that the continued lower ranking of the Singapore State Press in the bottom quartile has finally taken its toll. In 2014, it was ranked 150th amongst 180 countries. Readership has dropped dramatically and people are moving to alternate media in great numbers. The continued lack of credibility coupled with the rise of the internet may actually force the prostitutes of Toa Payoh to reflect on their deeds.

Heard even senior staff are affected. The question is will the PAP Government throw a life line to some of these journalists who have done a sterling service for the PAP as they did for the senior Chua Sister. The lady is back in the civil service in PMO. I guess they have to or place them in GLCs in order to retain their loyalty.

Also heard that the Aljunied hawker centre ceiling cleaning incident did a lot of damage where the state press is concerned where bias reporting was prominent. The Brompton Folding Bike case was another where the a netizens broke the story which led to a prosecution.

The irony is that Stomp the rubbish blog masquerading as citizen journalism has the second biggest readership after Zaobao, even beating Strait Times. That is analogous to saying that Proton Saga is a better performing car than Ferrari. How did it come to this. And now there is petition to close it down for driving poor behaviour.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know Management of Mediacorps had been very concern on the decrease in viewership.

In this line, you just need to toe the line to secure your rice bowl and it doesn't put food on the table to do otherwise. What going to happen to the viability of SPH and MEdiacorp in another 20 years isn't really a concern on everyone's mind. They just hope that they will retire before the organization goes bankrupt.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
obviously daft and stupid sinkies lack the literary skills and linguistic skills to praise the PAP to high heavens and bring orgasmic pleasure to the readers of the revolutionary paper.its time to bring in the shytskins to compose the finest praises and worship to the old man and the legacy worthy of even the best poetry in the book of solomon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i quote....song of lee kuan yew

let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth,for thy love is better than wine
his fruit is sweet to the taste,his left hand is under my head
and his right hand doth embrace me

behold.....thou art fair my love....
behold....thou art fair

thy lips are like a thread of scarlet,thy eyes are like doves behind the veil
and comely is thy mouth,thy breasts are like fawns feeding among the lilies
thy belly is like a heap of wheat set about in lilies,
let thy breasts be as clusters in the vine

open to me my darling,for my head is filled with the drops of the light
come my love.....let us see if the grapes flourishes
and the promegrenates burst forth

behold thou art fair my love,
behold thou art fair

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPH Newspaper and Magazines biz PBT (Profit Before Tax) has been falling for the last 3 years.

FY2011 - $365M
FY2012 - $335M
FY2013 - $293M
1H2014 - $119M

These nos. must have given Mgmt some sleepless nights, wondering when the drop in profit will start to taper off.

I have terminated the ST subscription. I subscribed to ST only for the local news and scanning the adverts. For quite some time, I have given up on reading the local political news, given how bias their reporting can be. All other news can be obtained from other better sources, such as BBC, Reuters etc.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwanese soap dramas keep getting better. Their low-cost productions also better than us.

Will this hit sg shores soon?
FengShuiLogo.png

DavidMoyes

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know Management of Mediacorps had been very concern on the decrease in viewership.

What??? Even my daily contribution of viewership did no help at all? Assuming that i visit their crime news portal once per day to do my copy n paste transfer of their news to this forum.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard that the continued lower ranking of the Singapore State Press in the bottom quartile has finally taken its toll. In 2014, it was ranked 150th amongst 180 countries. Readership has dropped dramatically and people are moving to alternate media in great numbers. The continued lack of credibility coupled with the rise of the internet may actually force the prostitutes of Toa Payoh to reflect on their deeds ...

Also heard that the Aljunied hawker centre ceiling cleaning incident did a lot of damage where the state press is concerned where bias reporting was prominent. The Brompton Folding Bike case was another where the a netizens broke the story which led to a prosecution ...
dey shud b mor resolute in banning internet ...

wif no internet, nobody wud haf means 2 sexpose wat dey try very hard 2 deceive or cover up ...

... The irony is that Stomp the rubbish blog masquerading as citizen journalism has the second biggest readership after Zaobao, even beating Strait Times. That is analogous to saying that Proton Saga is a better performing car than Ferrari. How did it come to this. And now there is petition to close it down for driving poor behaviour.
driving poor bhavior? ...

kids r learning from ah loon n his jingang from dat 154th how 2 scold others, brame others 4 their own failings, call other names, never tel ze tooth, deceive, craiming ownself as talens wen dey r not n gif ownself hi salaries, ...

wen r dey going 2 crose down ah loonz gahmen? ...

@ least from stomp, dey can learn 2 b creatif in cooking up stories of events dat never happen, backstab others on net instead of confronting dem, ...

wif such gud learning tools, materials n role models, cant really imajin wat sinkielan kids grow up 2 b like ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow they own clementi mall?u have to admit the location is the best,that is one fucking crowded mall that i will never visit again if possible.

Crowd in a mall is not exactly a bad thing. However, the layout, interior decor and shop variety in Clementi Mall is terrible.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why SPH got onto the REIT bandwagon.

http://www.sphreit.com.sg/our-portfolio/the-clementi-mall/

And on that note, even their mall is shit compared to other suburb malls. Compare it with Tiong Bahru Plaza, West Mall and Northpoint, and you'll see.

I think Mediacorp cannot provide positive outlook if they IPO.
Why don't SPH buy over with Mediacorp or govt spin off Mediacorp as some kind of business trust like Macquarie's Asia Pay Television Trust?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few years ago I read that medicockup was going to relocate from Caldecott to new facilities. Haven't heard any updates. What happended did they decide to build a mall instead:smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allow me to pop in for my two cents worth, I wanted to major in journalism but my parents weren't in favour. According to my mom, I would starve to death as she didn't like that idea and so I went into engineering.

Singapore is a small market, and the world is more connected now and getting more each day so our demand for news is regional, or global. How much of Gurmit Singh (nothing against that guy, just citing an example) can one watch? And how big an audience can he garner outside of Singapore? Again, how much readership will a newspaper capture outside Singapore when its been used to reporting how good life has been under the PAP, and the activities of their adversary, the WP? Who cares? There are other news sources like Al Jazeera with a much wider perspective. CCTV news is on 24 hours and reaches out to a worldwide audience, and so do major broadcasts from other countries.

There will be readers for local news which are covered by local "tabloids" but for a major daily newspaper like Straits Times, the readership is limited and is faced with competition from these tabloids who are excused from carrying the daily stock report. It is uphill for the ST. I can access Washington Post, New York Times and a host of other major English dailies on the net for free. Can the ST do this? And appeal to the same wide readership as these newspapers?

Cheers!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The entire range of SPH publications are nothing more than PAP's outsourced in-house newsletter.
The only publication in the world which cannot improve circulation and readership when the population increases by 50%, the majority of whom are English-literate, above average pay.

Throw in the fact that they can even get a front page picture wrong on Friday (claimed to be shot of 500 Chinese imprisoned by Viets) when in fact the picture was of Viets in a hospital due to water poisoning).

What a bunch of self-jerking assholes.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
after a while even the 60.1 dumbassed retards realise they are being fed a load of bullshit when they smell their own breaths...........

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sensible choice in the end. Its not about small market or low readership that shld put you off being a journalist in SPH. The primary question you shld ask is whetehr you can wake up everyday to pen that baldfaced lie and whether you can sleep at night peacefully having told every untruth and half truth commanded of you?

Allow me to pop in for my two cents worth, I wanted to major in journalism but my parents weren't in favour. According to my mom, I would starve to death as she didn't like that idea and so I went into engineering.

Singapore is a small market,