• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPGs Will Soon Wear Only Panties to School!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Ill-conceived: MDIS dress code crackdown
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to yesterday's article about the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) enforcing dress codes in school ('Dress code crackdown at MDIS'), which is the most upsetting news in weeks.
One would have thought that, at tertiary level, superficiality would not be the focus of education, but rather, we would look at substance and quality of work. I cannot see how hair colour or shorts and slippers indicate a student's ability to do well in school. As a tertiary student myself, and in the Singapore climate, I find wearing singlets or shorts very comfortable.
To say it is distasteful is not saying anything as that is purely subjective. For example, one could wear a nice MNG basic singlet and Esprit shorts and look a million times better than the batik top and chequered print trousers I can imagine the discipline master or mistress might wear. I could say they are distasteful too, because it hurts my eyes to look at them.
One could demand that teachers do not commit 'distasteful' fashion faux pas as well.
Move away from superficiality, MDIS. Teng Kie Zin

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how the young male students as well as teachers could concentrate on their lectures and tutorials with girls in low cut blouses and pot pants and strong perfume in their classes.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how the young male students as well as teachers could concentrate on their lectures and tutorials with girls in low cut blouses and pot pants and strong perfume in their classes.

Oh then lets enforce a dress code that says all Singaporeans in teritary institutes to wear suit and tie, and the girls, to wear formal business office wear.

And see how practical it is.

jw5

Loyal
That could be why they are making rules now.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
For example, one could wear a nice MNG basic singlet and Esprit shorts and look a million times better than the batik top and chequered print trousers I can imagine the discipline master or mistress might wear. I could say they are distasteful too, because it hurts my eyes to look at them.
====================================

Wonder why she uses MNG singlet and Esprit as examples. Why can't it be something cheaper like "This Fashion" or some market brand.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
That could be why they are making rules now.

Oh I do think some rules are in order- it's just that I didn't like myo's patronising attitude.

As long as the school fully explains why they need a proper dress code, within casual wear, its up to the students who fully understand why to accept it or not.

Of course, if the school doesn't explain and then say you have to "get on with it", the school shouldn't be surprised if they face resistance. The point is that you shouldn't come across as a scold; more like an understanding mother.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh then lets enforce a dress code that says all Singaporeans in teritary institutes to wear suit and tie, and the girls, to wear formal business office wear.

And see how practical it is.

Bro, you read the dress code first. They never say shirt tie and suit. But you you wear singlet and hotpants to class, don't kaopeh lecturer tiko and aircon too cold, etc. And don't comprain when foreigner say your degree no recognise because you don't look even slightly serious or a little bit presentatable in your class photo!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
For example, one could wear a nice MNG basic singlet and Esprit shorts and look a million times better than the batik top and chequered print trousers I can imagine the discipline master or mistress might wear. I could say they are distasteful too, because it hurts my eyes to look at them.
====================================

Wonder why she uses MNG singlet and Esprit as examples. Why can't it be something cheaper like "This Fashion" or some market brand.

'cause she 'par see' (die die) would not wanna wear those brand...? :biggrin:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ill-conceived: MDIS dress code crackdown
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr></tr><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></tbody></table>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to yesterday's article about the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) enforcing dress codes in school ('Dress code crackdown at MDIS'), which is the most upsetting news in weeks.
One would have thought that, at tertiary level, superficiality would not be the focus of education, but rather, we would look at substance and quality of work. I cannot see how hair colour or shorts and slippers indicate a student's ability to do well in school. As a tertiary student myself, and in the Singapore climate, I find wearing singlets or shorts very comfortable.
To say it is distasteful is not saying anything as that is purely subjective. For example, one could wear a nice MNG basic singlet and Esprit shorts and look a million times better than the batik top and chequered print trousers I can imagine the discipline master or mistress might wear. I could say they are distasteful too, because it hurts my eyes to look at them.
One could demand that teachers do not commit 'distasteful' fashion faux pas as well.
Move away from superficiality, MDIS. Teng Kie Zin

Enforce dress code for tertiary students?? What a Fascist educational institute. Why not push it further? Every student in Spore wear PAP logo band on the arms and do a Hitler salute whenever they greet their lecturers, teachers, or principal.

Last edited:

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are rumours, in this forum as well, that the foreign students are part timing in G. I support MDIS on this.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sg girls are so flat-chested that there's no cleavage to salivate over.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
sg girls are so flat-chested that there's no cleavage to salivate over.

Ya loh. Unlike here in Toronto, knn I everyday also cock stand. And the ang mo gals like Asian men too. Not like that say, should say, they like any men who can talk reasonably well and dress properly. Just go to the pick up bars at night, they will offer free. Hehehe

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it all boils down to respect and wearing the right clothing for the right occation and place. Let me ask you guys out there would you wear bamudas and Ts to lets say 1 of your close family's wedding dinner? Or how about our muslim bros out there. Every fri you guys go to pray I am sure you guys won't wear bamudas and singlet right?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I do think some rules are in order- it's just that I didn't like myo's patronising attitude.

To use an even stronger term - it's simply disgusting or uncouth. How often have we seen men and women wearing black to some auspicious functions like Grandma's birthday or someone's wedding dinner? Or wearing slippers and bermudas to a job interview?

It's perfectly ok to wear bikini on a beach in a non-Muslim country, but definitely not along Orchard Road. It's ok to wear your pjyamas in your home, but not at a wet market or supermarket. Bottom line is : There is a proper place and time for certain attire to be worn.

I have been denied entry to a fine dinner establishment which my close friend suddenly decided to treat me - all because I decided to change my working shoes to a more comfortable pair of sandals - to chill out after work. I accepted it as their rights - even though they have lost their customers. I do not challenge them to change their house rules - even if I am paying for my meal.

So if you want to study in that school, please follow the rules. If you want to live in Singapore, then be prepared to be fined for littering, fined for not flushing the toilets and fined for saying unkind or untrue things about certain politicians.

Why must young men and women be given the allowance just because they are "young"?

Last edited:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you read the dress code first. They never say shirt tie and suit. But you you wear singlet and hotpants to class, don't kaopeh lecturer tiko and aircon too cold, etc. And So if you want to study in that school, please follow the rules. If you want to live in Singapore, then be prepared to be fined for littering, fined for not flushing the toilets and fined for saying unkind or untrue things about certain politicians.

Why must young men and women be given the allowance just because they are "young"?
=====================

You stupid or what ? if people got your kind of attitude , obama wont be the USA pressident but willl still be cleaning toilets at the whitel men club.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put aside customs, and religious point of view. Lets take a look on this from Traditional Chinese Medicine point of view: if the weather is warm, wear light. If the weather is cold, wear more clothing.

So wats wrong if some ladies their body type si bei warm they wear singlet and sandal??

Last edited:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you read the dress code first. They never say shirt tie and suit. But you you wear singlet and hotpants to class, don't kaopeh lecturer tiko and aircon too cold, etc. And don't comprain when foreigner say your degree no recognise because you don't look even slightly serious or a little bit presentatable in your class photo!

I refer you to my second post in this thread. As I said, I only made that lousy jibe because I didn't agree with myo's post.

I understand that the tone would present itself as unbecoming and offensive, and hence I will apologise for it sincerely, even its a little too late to some.

To use an even stronger term - it's simply disgusting or uncouth. How often have we seen men and women wearing black to some auspicious functions like Grandma's birthday or someone's wedding dinner? Or wearing slippers and bermudas to a job interview?

It's perfectly ok to wear bikini on a beach in a non-Muslim country, but definitely not along Orchard Road. It's ok to wear your pjyamas in your home, but not at a wet market or supermarket. Bottom line is : There is a proper place and time for certain attire to be worn.

I have been denied entry to a fine dinner establishment which my close friend suddenly decided to treat me - all because I decided to change my working shoes to a more comfortable pair of sandals - to chill out after work. I accepted it as their rights - even though they have lost their customers. I do not challenge them to change their house rules - even if I am paying for my meal.

So if you want to study in that school, please follow the rules. If you want to live in Singapore, then be prepared to be fined for littering, fined for not flushing the toilets and fined for saying unkind or untrue things about certain politicians.

Again, I refer you to my second post and I state this again: any dress code rules should be implemented after consultation and negotiation with the students, through feedback and such. If the students don't disagree with it, and the school says yes, then by all means, establish one where students can wear acceptable casual wear- say T-shirt, jeans and shoes- to school.

Obviously, different occasions demand different dress codes- that I know. No-one wears bikinis to business functions do they- especially if the biz functions demand evening wear for both sexes.

Last edited: