• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMU's new Dean is FT?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMU names new dean

SINGAPORE Management University (SMU) has found a new dean for its business school after an eight-month global search.

Professor Howard Thomas will assume the position of dean at the SMU's Lee Kong Chian School of Business from January.

Introducing the new dean, SMU president Professor Howard Hunter said: 'Prof Thomas has distinguished himself throughout his career, whether as a scholar or as a dean. I am confident that he will be an outstanding and experienced leader who can continue to build a business school of the highest quality.

Prof Thomas, who is currently dean of Warwick Business School, a position he has held for more than nine years, has vast experience in institutions such as the College of Commerce and Business Administration at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the Australian Graduate School of Management in Sydney and the London Business School.

The strategic management expert has also published a wide range of articles in areas such as international management, competitive strategy and risk analysis.

Said Prof Thomas: "I have led an American business school and a European business school, and now I have a chance to lead a young and dynamic business school in Asia.

'I am looking forward to it and I am confident we will continue to groom and nurture future business leaders and creative entrepreneurs with a solid foundation in business principles while embodying strong values of ethics and social responsibility.'

Prof Lim Kian Guan, the current interim dean of the Lee Kong Chian School of Business, will take a five-month sabbatical from January next year, before resuming his duties at the business school.