• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Smelly Filthy Shitskin is offended that passenger moved away to another seat after he sat down.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Commuter moves away to another seat after Indian man seats next to her, sparks intense exchange on casual racism​

May 11, 2022
ByVeronica Lee

Facebook user Aristotle Motii Nandy highlighted a commuter who appeared to be Chinese in his post for moving away to seat elsewhere on an MRT train after he sat next to her. He said, “Blatant prejudice? I sat next to this person and she shifted to another seat…”

In reply to one Facebook user who responded to his post, Aristotle explained, “I just don’t understand what the difference was in moving to another seat between two people … don’t mean to make an example out of her… Would like to understand the thinking behind the action..”

He added that he was, “just stunned… like why….??”

Two other Facebook users who appear to have Indian user handles responded to Aristotle saying:

“you are not the first and won’t be the last to be experiencing it. It happens even to my mom, a 70-year-old aunty, on the public buses. I hope the growing and younger generations are more well informed…”

“It happened to my wife a couple of times too. Then we started to think why we should get affected by someone else’s petty intelligence and childish behavior. I don’t lose anything if you change a seat because of me, rather I get a place to keep my bag now. More comfy ride. We thank them now. ”

“This happens all the time. You just need to be magnanimous about it,” suggested one user. He appears to have a user-handle with a Malay name.

When one user with a Chinese sounding user handle suggested that she moved to another seat because of Aristotle’s body odour, Aristotle shot back, “come on (X)…I was just about to sit down…when I entered the train…and the response was immediate.. before I had actually sat..”

In May last year, Ong Siow Heng, a professor of Communication Management Education at Singapore Management University, asked to call out racism. In his op-ed in TODAY, the professor asked his readers to honour Singapore’s National Pledge by calling out racism, even the casual, thoughtless actions or speech, with little malice intended.

In his op-ed he noted that “while some say talking about such issues creates more discord, relationship therapists tell us that respectful discourse about conflict is vital for growth and progress.”

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are thousand and one reasons why one will move away. Just how I sugar coat it ranging from fengshui to your BO.

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Races are different. STOP kidding ourselves. Integration had failed miserably as shown in Europe and elsewhere.

Knowing and accepting our differences is the way forward.

Race and IQ
national-iq-scores.jpg

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
what's wrong with moving away to another seat? I also find some chinese stinky when their clothes smell mouldy.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still use bare hand to wipe shits.... go back India to do it.

PAP go tell them to use toilet paper to wipe shits....

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure there were seats elsewhere, but the shitskin had to sit beside the lady - most likely a Chinese girl. We all know why, so please don't pretend that racism is the only issue.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Commuter moves away to another seat after Indian man seats next to her, sparks intense exchange on casual racism​

May 11, 2022
ByVeronica Lee

Facebook user Aristotle Motii Nandy highlighted a commuter who appeared to be Chinese in his post for moving away to seat elsewhere on an MRT train after he sat next to her. He said, “Blatant prejudice? I sat next to this person and she shifted to another seat…”

In reply to one Facebook user who responded to his post, Aristotle explained, “I just don’t understand what the difference was in moving to another seat between two people … don’t mean to make an example out of her… Would like to understand the thinking behind the action..”

He added that he was, “just stunned… like why….??”

Two other Facebook users who appear to have Indian user handles responded to Aristotle saying:

“This happens all the time. You just need to be magnanimous about it,” suggested one user. He appears to have a user-handle with a Malay name.

When one user with a Chinese sounding user handle suggested that she moved to another seat because of Aristotle’s body odour, Aristotle shot back, “come on (X)…I was just about to sit down…when I entered the train…and the response was immediate.. before I had actually sat..”

In May last year, Ong Siow Heng, a professor of Communication Management Education at Singapore Management University, asked to call out racism. In his op-ed in TODAY, the professor asked his readers to honour Singapore’s National Pledge by calling out racism, even the casual, thoughtless actions or speech, with little malice intended.

In his op-ed he noted that “while some say talking about such issues creates more discord, relationship therapists tell us that respectful discourse about conflict is vital for growth and progress.”

What's wrong? Polite brahmins move to another seat if a filthy lower caste person sat next to him or her. A more outspoken brahmin would have simply thrown the lower caste person out of his seat instead.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
May all fellow Singaporean citizens calm down. We had taken an oath - our sacred National Pledge. While incidents of such is nothing new, but it is not common. Only the few born out of ignorance or racist foreigners would do such, but NOT most of Singaporeans would do such.

The air quality with MRT are monitored & filtrated. After a few minutes, smell from others would no longer be noticeable.

Body odor is a concern, but within MRT, it is often due to stereotyping. While often the case, it should not hinder our respect to other citizens & guest in our multiracial nation. Most Indians DO have an odor, but it is cause of their hardwork & sweat that they do each day in our tropical climate & MRT transport is the cheapest & fastest mean to get from 1 point to their homes, to get their deserved rest.

In Japan, the cleanest nation on Earth, found out this issue years ago on their air-con transports, & had instituted industries to build showers within their industrial compounds for sweaty workers to shower, clean up, & even put on a suit to take public transports. Such is not instituted in Spore.

Another issue is that Indian women tend to use coconut oil to straighten their curly hair, & sweaty workers pour themselves with cheap perfume to make their odors more acceptable, but does only the opposite. Such smell can be sadly overpowering immediate, which they are ignorant of.

Because of such stereotyping, cases of such as mentioned above happened, & sadly, it is NOT restricted to only Indians, but EVERYONE else as well- chinese, malays, others, etc- smells, talking loudly on phones, loud music from phones, selfish manspreading, . So what's the solution to facilitate peaceful journeys?

Education is one, thru brochures to foreigners & citizens alike, etc. Tolerance is another. And ultimately, Singapore is a free nation, which acknowledges Free Will. Each has a right to do what each thinks best, so long as it harms or hurts none, to simply move elsewhere to another seat or stand elsewhere, & may NONE be offended. It is only Public space.

FREEDOM is a power and comes with responsibilities to others sharing same space - the one seated & the one who wants to seat as well...