• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Slippery Slope

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slippery Slope is a logical fallacy.

It assumes that one thing leads to the other.

For example, if we allow bar top dancing, someone will oogle another person's GF dancing on the bar top. This will lead to fighting between the oogler and the girl's BF. Fighting will then lead to bloodshed. Hence bartop dancing leads to blood shed.

A similiar fallacy is the "Beard" argument.

A beard or heap argument assumes that there is no difference between 2 opposite ends of a spectrum.

It got it's name from the following example:

Let's say I have a beard. If I pull out one strand of hair, it is still a beard. If I pull out another strand of hair, it is still a beard ....

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slippery Slope is a logical fallacy.

It assumes that one thing leads to the other.

For example, if we allow bar top dancing, someone will oogle another person's GF dancing on the bar top. This will lead to fighting between the oogler and the girl's BF. Fighting will then lead to bloodshed. Hence bartop dancing leads to blood shed.

Pardon, I don't get it, is Slippery Slope like one of Newton's Law or something? I only know Slippery Nipple, a nice drink.