• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sitting on the fence?

Falimah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which side are you on?
Picturex.png

http://paptheweakestlink.blogspot.com/

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anybody else who's 50-50? Please share your views.

I'm 100% behind the PAP. All the other parties are too pro welfare for me.

I fully support the PAP policies with regards to letting the poor die a natural death. Supporting the elderly with handouts and freebies is not the job of the govt. It's up to each and every family to provide for their aged parents and relatives.

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to be 50-50, but the way they talk to the people has made me cross over to opposition. :wink:

Or is it because you are in Sammyboy forum for too long? Since 1999, am I right?

This time I'm seriously considering giving the opposition the chance to show what they can do. I think we all should.

Whether it's PAP or Opposition, whoever win or lose, they will be around in years to come. So no harm giving Opposition the chance.

jw5

Loyal
Or is it because you are in Sammyboy forum for too long? Since 1999, am I right?

This time I'm seriously considering giving the opposition the chance to show what they can do. I think we all should.

Whether it's PAP or Opposition, whoever win or lose, they will be around in years to come. So no harm giving Opposition the chance.

I have never been influenced by what others think or say. In fact, most of the time, I deliberately look at the opposite side of things just to be different. There's actually a reason for this. You know they call people who are prejudiced against certain race or races, racists right?
I'm a peoplist, prejudiced against people, or the human race. The human race is scum imho.

1999 was many years ago, back when I was a young chap. :o
But it was in 1997 that I first wondered seriously about the pappies.
That was when I remembered them talking in this way to the people and particularly, the issues relating to Tang Liang Hong. Remember him?
I couldn't figure out how he could be run out of the country for being a chinese chauvinist. A guy who learns indian dance and stays with his malay friends. Still can't figure it out. :mad:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If the pap is so good and has done so well, why are there so many people standing against them this time around? Certainly not for the glory or money. Being an opposition candidate is tough and requires extraordinary courage. And yet so many have come forward. Even more are working in the background as support. This is all very telling.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confucius says "Man who sits on fence deserves to get backside poked".

You want to kenna poke backside for another 5 years?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the pap is so good and has done so well, why are there so many people standing against them this time around? Certainly not for the glory or money. Being an opposition candidate is tough and requires extraordinary courage. And yet so many have come forward. Even more are working in the background as support. This is all very telling.

Agree. Peasants have suffered enough .....

jw5

Loyal
Confucius says "Man who sits on fence deserves to get backside poked".

You want to kenna poke backside for another 5 years?

If it's those fences with barb wire or metal fences with holes in them or picket fences, jw5 says "Man who sits on fence WILL get backside poked." :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS said they have done good job, for the amount they are paid with perks, you should be expecting an excellent job and no less.
Granted the first generation brought us to where we are but we cannot be forever beholden to LKY and real heroes do not bask in past glories.
Citizens have been sidelined, ignored and taken for granted for too long.
Things have gotten to such a sad stage that people will rather vote any opposition in.

jw5

Loyal
TS said they have done good job, for the amount they are paid with perks, you should be expecting an excellent job and no less.
Granted the first generation brought us to where we are but we cannot be forever beholden to LKY and real heroes do not bask in past glories.
Things have gotten to such a sad stage that people will rather vote any opposition in.

The issue is that we are getting poor value for what we are paying. At the same time, poor values are being inculcated in the society.
That's really a double value(s) whammy.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't like the opposition's soft welfarist approach. But I hate the PAP's blatant lies and exploitation even more. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. :mad:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Study the economic history of Soviet-type economies like North Korea and you would understand how the PAP managed to generate high growth rates during Singapore's nascent years. All you need is a group of obsequious slaves. It's not rocket science, really. Of course, the billions garnered from abetting tax evasion and money laundering didn't hurt either. :rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems like mostly pro-opposition in this forum.

Anybody else who's 50-50? Please share your views.

Me 50-50%
Actually support GCT after he comment on Mr. Tan he lost my vote( because he said will not comment on other constituency)
Tharman I will vote for him ven he is minority.
Amy Khor yes
Lily Neo yes

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't like the opposition's soft welfarist approach. But I hate the PAP's blatant lies and exploitation even more. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. :mad:

Can you make up your mind? Barcelona or Real Madrid? But both teams lost through kelong so for yesterday you can't defend that there is sure win. :biggrin:

image.php

Last edited: