• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sinkies Behaving Badly Abroad]Uncle starts inferno after quarrel with Batam mistress

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S'porean charged with starting fire in Batam housing complex
By Qiuyi Tan | Posted: 22 August 2012 2137 hrs

SINGAPORE: The Jakarta Post newspaper said a Singaporean has been charged with starting a fire which swept through a Batam housing complex early Tuesday morning.

Forty-five-year-old Gerri Kasan is alleged to have sparked the blaze which destroyed some 50 semi-permanent homes in Batam's Kampong Seraya district.

The report said the fire killed a nine-year-old girl and left some 200 others homeless.

Police investigations are on-going, but by-standers said the fire began in a house owned by Gerri's brother-in-law.

The newspaper report said Gerri surrendered himself to Batam police.

He allegedly admitted to burning a pair of shoes following a quarrel with his Indonesian wife, and was unaware it would spark an inferno.

Police have charged Gerri with reckless burning, saying he may face life imprisonment for his actions.

Singapore's Foreign Affairs Ministry said officers from its Batam consulate are in contact with the Singaporean.

- CNA/cc

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [SInkies Behaving Badly Abroad] Uncle starts inferno after quarrel with Batam wif

S'porean love affair turns fiery
Flames rage in Batam after man allegedly torches home of mistress' brother
04:45 AM Aug 23, 2012

showimageCC.aspx

The fire razed at least 50 semi-permanent homes in a squatter area. THE JAKARTA POST

BATAM - A 45-year-old Singaporean man reportedly turned himself in after he allegedly set fire to a home in Batam owned by his mistress' brother, after a quarrel with the woman. The fire killed a nine-year-old girl after it spread and razed at least 50 semi-permanent homes in a squatter area, The Jakarta Post reported.

According to the newspaper, the fire occurred at about 7am on Tuesday on the island's Kampung Seraya sub-district. Most of the residents were reportedly asleep, and the girl was killed after she was trapped in her room.

The Singaporean man was identified as Mr Gerri Kasan, who may face life imprisonment for his actions which left 200 victims homeless.

According to his brother-in-law, the Singaporean married his sister despite having a family in Singapore.

The brother-in-law said that Mr Kasan stayed at his house or in a budget hotel every time he visited Batam. He was quoted as saying: "My sister went out without Gerri's knowledge, so he became enraged. He was very angry and probably set fire to the house as I was sleeping, despite the fact that we had a drink last night. He often causes trouble when he drinks."

The Jakarta Post reported that Mr Kasan, accompanied by his lawyer, has surrendered himself to the police. "I only burned a pair of shoes, I didn't realise it could cause a big fire," he said.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [SInkies Behaving Badly Abroad] Uncle starts inferno after quarrel with Batam wif

wow this is cool sia. Mr kasan.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Sinkies Behaving Badly Abroad]Uncle starts inferno after quarrel with Batam mist

Mr Slobodan Milosoveic once said 'a good moslem is a dead moslem'.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

innocent young girl died because of this? still cool?

this kind of standard can become a moderator?

Leongsam is too smart to surround himself with men of intelligence.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't get your panties in a twist i wasn't praising him.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal

i dun unnerstan why burn shoe? places like Iraq they threw shoes at people as a form of insult, in Batam it's burning shoe ah?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How come never kena hamtum by any of the 200 newly made homeless?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is in precious moments like this, that I must dedicate this song to the event:

[video=youtube;Fw4geZNixYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw4geZNixYY[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i dun unnerstan why burn shoe? places like Iraq they threw shoes at people as a form of insult, in Batam it's burning shoe ah?

Maybe it's a BATA shoe. A HOT brand of footwear in BATAM. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

FYI, seesuatah = Baluku.

When you let dogs roam about, they'll shit on your turf.

Who is this baluku. Damn these dogs roaming around in all manner of colors and sizes.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

In order for balance to be maintained, a broad spectrum of society need to be represented. That's how liberal societies work. Jah_rastafar is entitled to his opinions just as everyone else is.

Once you start imposing your own values on others and making choices accordingly, you end up with the PAP system where everyone sings the same tune and marches to the same drum beat and opposing views are shut down.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In order for balance to be maintained, a broad spectrum of society need to be represented. That's how liberal societies work. Jah_rastafar is entitled to his opinions just as everyone else is.

Once you start imposing your own values on others and making choices accordingly, you end up with the PAP system where everyone sings the same tune and marches to the same drum beat and opposing views are shut down.

The most ridiculous thing was that fool had to comment about my mod status all because i made some harmless comment on the situation. Like a mod in this forum has to be a saint or something. :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The most ridiculous thing was that fool had to comment about my mod status all because i made some harmless comment on the situation. Like a mod in this forum has to be a saint or something. :rolleyes:

the best and most lively sites have mods with opposite and competing philosophies. i hate sites where mods and members kiss each other's arse shamelessly as though it's a gay bath house.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the best and most lively sites have mods with opposite and competing philosophies. i hate sites where mods and members kiss each other's arse shamelessly as though it's a gay bath house.

That is correct. it's too bad that singapore still has this conformist culture where anyone that even dares make a comment or behave differently from what is expected of them in short does not toe the line needs to be condemned. What's made worse is the fact that sometimes these ppl that expect that sort of conformist behavior from others can actually excuse themselves when they go out of line.

MortalKombat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: [Sinkies Behaving Badly Abroad]Uncle starts inferno after quarrel with Batam mist

Singaporean charged with intentional arson for causing fatal fire in Batam

Published on Jan 15, 2013

kerrikassan15e.jpg

Singaporean Kerri Kassan is currently in the custody of the Batam police after he allegedly started a blazing fire in Kampung Seraya in Batam, Indonesia, on Aug 21, 2012. -- BH PHOTO: JOHARI RAHMAT

By Wahyudi Soeriaatmadja, Indonesia Correspondent

JAKARTA: Prosecutors have charged Singaporean Kerri Kassan, 54, with intentional arson endangering lives after he started a fire in a Batam neighbourhood last August.

If convicted, he could face a maximum of 15 years in jail for the offence, which saw a nine-year-old die, four injured and 60 homes razed.

Kerri had set fire to two pairs of rubber footwear belonging to his Indonesian wife over a domestic tiff. The fire then spread across the crowded residential area of Kampung Seraya in Batam.

His lawyer Mr Bernard Nababan said it was a "pure accident". " Kerri would have used petrol had he had the intention to burn houses," he told The Straits Times on Tuesday after the charges were read out.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A malay Singaporean. No further comments.