• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkieland badminton player Loh Kean Yew was a Jiuhu kia. I thought he is a sinkie bumiputera.

Tun Tija

Alfrescian
Loyal

Badminton: This gives me confidence I'm on the right track, says Loh after beating Malaysian star Lee​

This is Loh Kean Yew's first victory over his childhood rival at senior level in five attempts.

This is Loh Kean Yew's first victory over his childhood rival at senior level in five attempts.PHOTO: ST FILE
dl2.png

David Lee

• PUBLISHED
    OCT 27, 2021, 11:27 PM SGT
FACEBOOKTWITTER

SINGAPORE - National shuttler Loh Kean Yew recorded a 24-22, 21-14 win over All-England champion Lee Zii Jia to progress to the French Open's round of 16 on Wednesday (Oct 27).
Loh, ranked 40th, took 39 minutes to upset the world No. 8. It was his first victory over his childhood rival – both were born in Malaysia – at senior level in five attempts.
The victory came 12 years after he beat the Malaysian to clinch the 2009 National Junior Grand Prix Under-12 crown in Seremban.

The pair had also met twice at the 2019 SEA Games, with the Malaysian winning in both the team event and men’s singles final.
Loh told The Straits Times: “This is a big win for me because we were same-same back then, and now he is far ahead of me in the top 10 and I’m playing catch-up.
“This gives me confidence that I am on the right track, but it all boils down to consistency because the top players are in a higher position than me because of that.

“It is always a target to make it into the top 10 myself, but I have to take it step by step by first getting into the top 30 to reach the main draw of bigger tournaments, and then the top 20.”
The 24-year-old’s patient approach was also evident in the battle between the two attacking players.
Although Loh had the lead for most of the match, the crucial point came when he squandered two game points and saved one himself at 22-21 down before closing out the frame.
He said: “As much as I wanted to win, I cannot rush, so I think I did well in that aspect. Zii Jia may have been more tired from playing in the Thomas and Sudirman Cup and I got the better of him at the net.”

He will take on India’s world No. 22 Lakshya Sen for a place in the quarter-finals at the Stade Pierre de Coubertin in Paris. The duo had met in the Dutch Open final on Oct 17, with the Singaporean emerging with his sixth international title.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you know why the Malaysian Chinese are so unpopular- celebrating victory over land of his birth,
Malaysia can always do what Singapore did to the 2 ang mo footballers-call him up for NS and declare him a defaulter.
If Singapore can do it, why not Malaysia?

Tun Tija

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wherever the pasture is greener the chink will go there as mercenary. Typical chink behavior. That is why there is a large chink diaspora on the globe. Sinkie very lucky. Sinkieland is a green green pasture so no need to become mercenary. PAP is going to claim credit for this :tongue: