• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

Singet or starhub internet..which is better

rectmobile

I want to get a personal wired connection in my room.

Any bros here can tell me if singnet or starhub is better.

Go for Singnet if you live at HDB, if private property or private apartment, go for starhub.

vamjok

Go for Singnet if you live at HDB, if private property or private apartment, go for starhub.

bad advice...HDB depends.. see if new or old estate. if old estate go with starhub, cos if old estate wiring issue singtel will say its not my problem due to wear and tear. personal experience, that why i am with starhub after sticking with them (singnet since magix era) for years. ever experiencing 10 connection cut off in just merely 30 mins? i did with singnet, with starhub the only issue i have with them is when they have their maintenance (which is like half a year once), or when its down (very very seldom), u really in for a big time as it might take a few hours.

bad advice...HDB depends.. see if new or old estate. if old estate go with starhub, cos if old estate wiring issue singtel will say its not my problem due to wear and tear. personal experience, that why i am with starhub after sticking with them (singnet since magix era) for years. ever experiencing 10 connection cut off in just merely 30 mins? i did with singnet, with starhub the only issue i have with them is when they have their maintenance (which is like half a year once), or when its down (very very seldom), u really in for a big time as it might take

Hahhahahahaha....sinkie stay in sinkie place.

if you just need the internet service for basic needs, you have starhub hubstation, use it's free 1mbps broadband internet access.

bad advice...HDB depends.. see if new or old estate. if old estate go with starhub, cos if old estate wiring issue singtel will say its not my problem due to wear and tear. personal experience, that why i am with starhub after sticking with them (singnet since magix era) for years. ever experiencing 10 connection cut off in just merely 30 mins? i did with singnet, with starhub the only issue i have with them is when they have their maintenance (which is like half a year once), or when its down (very very seldom), u really in for a big time as it might take a few hours.
Not sure what you mean by old estate, but 1 blk definitely sharing 1 box, or maybe 2 blk sharing 1 box, if many families subscribe Starhub, you are basically screwed.

rectmobile

I Google and found not much of singnet problem but a few sh problem. Sh using g cable so if many pple log on. It will slow. Singnet using adsl. Which is better. What do you guys think.

If you stay at HDB, sign Singnet with a new line.

Alamaking said:
But depends on what you want and your budget lah. M1 offering fibre 100mb connection at $39, i think....

By the way, no service provider actually provides 100mb connection. If anyone manages to get it please let me know. I would want to change my contract.

I've never been a subscriber or customer of the red telco's services.

Not going to do business with a company that was run first by Lee Hsien Yang, and then by Chua Suck Cock.

vamjok

Not sure what you mean by old estate, but 1 blk definitely sharing 1 box, or maybe 2 blk sharing 1 box, if many families subscribe Starhub, you are basically screwed.

old estate - amk, toa payoh, yishun

new- seng kang, pasir ris

u get the rough idea.

seriously speaking, its not that bad. i could even play game smoothly with it, just that i could not host that all. not a big deal just join others
i value stability of the connection a lot. called the bloody singnet technician down, give me silly excuse say its a common issue with old estate, nothing they could do about it. i have ask around, many people using singnet always have issue with disconnection. this issue seldom occurs for starhub.

then again if u live in new estate...go ahead, which isp i dun think it matters then

vamjok

By the way, no service provider actually provides 100mb connection. If anyone manages to get it please let me know. I would want to change my contract.

true, those numbers are fake. most of the time we are surfing oversea websites anyway

bottleneck is somewhere else and its not with us

NoNewsGood

I agree with your point on singtel. However, that problem could be fixed.

When I first subscribed to singnet broadband using my existing phone line, I experienced frequent connection drop problem. After complaining about the problem to singnet, the technician came and checked my house connection and did nothing. Then he went to the box at the corridor and did something. From then onwards, I have no more problem.

Later I checked with my friend in the telco line, he said for older HDB flats, because of saving costs, if your existing copper wire could carry broadband, singtel will not do anything even if the wire is old. However, in every box, singtel has a few brand new lines with the newer copper wire, so if anyone complain, singtel will just switch that user to the new copper wire.

vamjok

I agree with your point on singtel. However, that problem could be fixed.

When I first subscribed to singnet broadband using my existing phone line, I experienced frequent connection drop problem. After complaining about the problem to singnet, the technician came and checked my house connection and did nothing. Then he went to the box at the corridor and did something. From then onwards, I have no more problem.

Later I checked with my friend in the telco line, he said for older HDB flats, because of saving costs, if your existing copper wire could carry broadband, singtel will not do anything even if the wire is old. However, in every box, singtel has a few brand new lines with the newer copper wire, so if anyone complain, singtel will just switch that user to the new copper wire.

chee bye that means that time that fellow is just too lazy to do it for me

bugeyed

Am on cable for many years.
Never went on Singtel as read of complaints of dropped connections.
Was with Starhub for a couple of years and found that speed can be slow at night.
Switched to M1 cable ever since and quite happy - the only annoying bit is you need to logon each time after you power off/on the model.