• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's Lee Sees Growth Challenges, to Push for Succession

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The People’s Action Party, led by Lee, boosted its share of the popular vote in Singapore’s Sept. 11 parliamentary election and now faces the challenge of a softened economic outlook as growth forecast for this year was trimmed after GDP shrank last quarter.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-19/singapore-s-lee-sees-growth-challenges-to-push-for-succession

The article basically says he has not planned for anything in the past 10 years and he has no fucking idea going forward. A Govt that plans 10 to 15 years ahead is extremely short-sighted. Any major infrastructure project will take at least 10 years. To develop a sector will take at least 10 to 15 years or longer, depending if the populace has the skillset. Any mindset change takes 30 years. A government should have at least 30 to 50 years of broad direction

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The article basically says he has not planned for anything in the past 10 years and he has no fucking idea going forward. A Govt that plans 10 to 15 years ahead is extremely short-sighted. Any major infrastructure project will take at least 10 years. To develop a sector will take at least 10 to 15 years or longer, depending if the populace has the skillset. Any mindset change takes 30 years. A government should have at least 30 to 50 years of broad direction
Did I detect a tinge of sadness and utter disappointment in your observation? But you deserve the government you voted in.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Planning for succession is good but if selected successors are still dumb, it makes no difference. The country will still go down in the future. Planning succession on basic principle of sinapor for sinaporans to encourage locals, those born and bred in the country to increase pop is the best. Importing foreigners to screw locals is extremely bad.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chey, I'd have thought its revealed every morning in your toilet bowl after your business

so far only what appears to be donald trump's face shows up on my morning's dump. if other faeces, oops i mean faces, show up will let you know.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
so far only what appears to be donald trump's face shows up on my morning's dump. if other faeces, oops i mean faces, show up will let you know.

Holy crap Trump? Oh ya Putin really need Trump in the Oval office :p

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chief Natural Aristocrat will do what Dr Mahathir has done: if the former is unhappy with his successor, he can always accuse the latter of sodomy, incompetence or corruptly receiving millions of USD in his personal bank accounts.

His father, Old Fart, was unhappy with a Sinkie Ah Neh and in order to remove him, accused him of being an alcoholic. Do you guys remember the incident?