• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

singaporeans are really inferior breed = proof below

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
User Name Remember Me?
Password

Show Threads Show Posts
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
View First Unread View First Unread

Re: Time to abolish NS

Unread

(#41)
SIMMTANN

Default Re: Time to abolish NS - Yesterday, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arofrd01 View Post
NS should not be abolished.

Firstly, we are a country that are envy by our neighbours. Having a good defense force and equipments, will make other think twice before making their move.

Secondly, although the current SAF trainings are not as tough as compared to the seventies, at least, it let our children know what it is like to live a disciplined environment, making them a team player and more independant.

Along with the strong arguments for NS, there's a compelling grounds for NOT abolishing it. It will do a world of good for our youth of today raised on capitalism, internet & text messaging & who simply couldn't care less & can't get things done.

When we read in the newspaper about young people stealing, swearing, vandalizing, or being sexually promiscuous, it sadden us & make us shudder to see them in ruins. When they're young, parents are firmly in control, but once they're on the threshold of adulthood, there's only so much guidance can do.

That's where the military training takes over to instil self-discipline, motivation & fear into the prima donnas, softies & spoilt brats alike & shape them into toughies & team players. It may not always work, but at least it works most of the time.

A wise son makes a glad father, but a foolish son is the grief of his mother.

SIMMTANN
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SIMMTANN
Find More Posts by SIMMTANN

Unread

(#42)
ps2addict

Default Re: Time to abolish NS - Yesterday, 12:30 PM
My Opinion, Don't abolish NS. Should Abolish Reservist better. 10 years cycle, waste time and waste resources. sometime u go reservist, boss not happy then he fired u!

ps2addict
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ps2addict
Find More Posts by ps2addict

Unread

(#43)
elvinthinker

Default Re: Time to abolish NS - Yesterday, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoku01 View Post
Hello friend, there's no such thing as being fair hor. It's just too bad that you were born in Singapore, a "little red dot" surrounded by unfriendly neighbours.. But then again, would you rather be born in your southern neighbour, where your wife may need to come here to work as your maid 24/7 for just half of what you are getting as NS boy?

Moreover, it's not just the money that matters.. Are you sure you didn't learn anything at all, or never get any fitter, mentally stronger after serving your NS? And does it really matter that much if you start working earlier or later? I thought ultimately, it's your work performance that determines your income, and not seniority? No?
You are right on! lol... "There's no such thing as being fair hor." I admit that its just too bad that we are born in SG. We are exactly in the situation where we are the toilet bowl and our southern neighbor who's the toilet roll are discussing about life's unfairness. You came from China? lol...

Well, as to whether money matters or not. To me, money $$$ matters alot in times of peace right now where stock and shares prices are plummeting, cos its almost time to buy some of them. The benefits i realize i gotten out from SAF was a fitter body, i learned how to operate various weapon systems such as the 84mm RR, M16, SAR21, M203, SAW, GPMGs and LAW. My training was mentally damaging and is now indeed stronger. Thanks SAF!!! The Jungle confidence course exp like how to kill a quail, a chicken, a rabbit, a phyton or a monitor lizard, climb mount biang, build A-frame, etc, etc is not exactly useful right now as i live in a concrete HDB home where i can buy my food from the hawker centre anytime i want. lol...

Does it really matter if i start working earlier or not? My answer to that is, I could have completed my Degree now if i hadn't served NS. So what i am doing now is I'm doubling my time to do both! Study + Work!!! lol... I dun have time to just focus and do my degree and be a fresh grad. My employer knows about that and so naturally, work performance grading not that good, increment given is minute.

Work performance that determines your income, and not seniority? Erm, well, seniority as in paper qualification or just merely longer work experience you are talking about? For both cases, my answer is: "seniority is a factor that determines income, but i'm not ruling out work performance as a factor!"