• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean ashamed by ‘bigotry’ displayed by netizens

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/singaporean-ashamed-by-bigotry-displayed-by-netizens/

I am a Singaporean and after reading all the comments and blogs from you bigots, I am ashamed to call you my fellow countrymen. I can only conclude that many of you are bo ka si, never taught any manners by your parents and probably the result of being raised by maids from the countries you so detest.

I work in a managerial position and I hire new staff from time to time. But given a choice between a local and a foreigner, I would hire the foreigner anytime. I have no issues with paying NS increments but let me tell you why I will choose the foreigner.

Singaporean youngsters are arrogant, lazy, complacent and cannot take any kind of hardship. You guys have lost the hunger to succeed. All you care about is fun fun fun. You come to work late and leave early. In between, you get on facebook, tweeter, instant messaging, hold chit chat orgies, take multiple coffee breaks, post racist blogs, or play computer games.

You go on medical leave wantonly, which seem to miraculously coincide with days just before and after long weekends or after a big early morning soccer match on tv. Some of you AWOL altogether, sometimes for days on end. You are sloppy in your work and demand such low quality of yourselves. You have a short memory and either cannot understand simple instructions or pretend not to be able to. When reprimanded for your sloppiness or mistake, you either cry, argue back or quit the job. You guys are just a bunch of pulpy strawberries. I am sure many middle aged Singaporean managers will agree with me on this.

There was a time when Singaporeans were known as honest, tough, resilient, conscientious, hardworking people. This is fast becoming a thing of the past, only a page of history to be confined to the deep recesses of the memory. If the nation were to rely solely on you guys to support the economy, the country will be in deep shit.

If you had been reading the papers, which I doubt many of you have, businesses in Singapore feeling the pinch from the recent changes in labor import policies. You guys are probably feeling very smug and happy that foreign talents and workers are being punished. If you think foreigners are being punished, you are just being shallow. If the economy suffers, you will suffer. There is no escaping.

It may seem like the gov’t is finally giving in to your war cry but in actual fact, what they are doing may be simply transferring the pressure onto you. If you want to complain, fine. I will give you what you want and let’s see what happens. Isn’t this the strategy parents use on their wayward kids in the days of old? Have parents stopped doing so, just like how they stop telling their kids they are stupid when they do stupid things?

If you don’t tell your kids they are stupid when they do stupid things, they will grow up not knowing what stupid is. And they will do stupid things. Do you ask yourself how this whole foreign talent business started? Who first started the trend of hiring foreigners? Foreigners themselves? I think not. They are amongst you. You might even know or are related to some of them. So why did they start hiring foreigners in the first place? Did something change? Are they selling their own countrymen short? Can the gov’t alone be responsible for all this? Do you know that thousands of jobs remain untaken at job fairs each year? Many people rather be unemployed than to take up lowly jobs.

There is one job reserved exclusively for citizens in Singapore….and that is taxi driving. What do you think of the level of service of taxi drivers in Singapore? Are you satisfied with their service? Can you use them as exemplary high quality Singaporean service?

OLD GUARD

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I can only conclude that many of you are bo ka si, never taught any manners by your parents and probably the result of being raised by maids from the countries you so detest

gotta agree with this part, the latch key child syndrome starting from the late 80s kicked off an entire trend of families depending on two incomes to survive and overcome the downturn. grandparents and maids whom took care of the kiddos knew only to pamper the kiddos.
causes and effects are all interlinked, at least kids are punished in those days. the kids these days without punishments will grow into brats and tyrants of the future! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, foreigners who stay in Singapore long enough pick up all the same bad traits. I assume once they have made enough money they lose their fire. If they need to return home, they think, so be it. Frankly I will avoid businesses now in Singapore that requires a high head count.

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS must be owner or partner of SME, where haf to cut costs and cut salary expectations of young Sporeans and gif reasons like "i cant gif u so high, FT i can hire 2 to cover ur salary u noe?"..either this.. or he/she is only giving us only 1% of the actual happenings of the real life scenario in the company.

Why do I say this? Cos, if you look at the post, no mention of workers wif ref to age 30 or over. I can only assume that he/she or the company is hiring, or wants to hire YOUNGER ppl to save money. Older workers will have mre experience, and will ask for higher pay to coincide with their experience, but most are willing to negotiate. But most employers always choose the easy way out (esp in SG where Employers are KING) hire CHEAPER and cheaper still are the foreigners (mostly).

yes, I admit, some Sporeans have very bad work attitudes and they really spoil the whole thing for everyone of us.. but why aren't the good ones being highlighted? why only the bad ones are put in the spotilght? Doesn't anyone find it strange that it's always the BAD Sporeans that are highlighted by EMPLOYERS and RECRUITING FIRMS and middle mgmt and wat not? Don't tell me 100% of all Sporeans who work are all like what TS has written? I don't beileve it.

Remember the movie "the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly".. there's bound to be some of each everywhere.. it can't be so logsided as potrayed by those in the upper mgmt, and those in the "driving seats".

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good ones are not highlighted coz they already have a job. It's the losers who have attitude problem that needs to constantly job hop and cant figure out why they cant find a job that are losing out to the FTs

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent article by Besotted

Excellent article! I agree with the writer fully.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a time when people said That Singapore won't make it, and we didn't.

Back then we didn't have multi-million dollar civil servants to feed. Now we have so many of them in the system & a new generation, as well as their wives to support.:rolleyes:

Who says that Spore is a success story:confused: From what I see many problems exist in Spore: people emigrating, low birth rate, a failed parasitic gov't with plenty of excuses of honest mistakes, missing CPF, ....
I won't be surprised that when the truth is revealed, we will have learned that our assets have been sold off to foreigners:eek:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
3. daft sheep never learn mah!

talk about "bo ka si", loads of parents these days let their children run amok. if me were to earn a buck each time by slapping each one of them, me would be a millionaire twice over! :eek::eek::eek:
spare the rod and you spoil the child, me say, and there are loads of spoiled brats all over the streets :mad::mad::mad:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The writer of the article in Temasek Times is the manager and not owner of the business.
Normally these are young supervisors given big titles of "Manager" and emphasise obedience above all else(to make his job easy).

A real entrepreneur would realise that the main problem in sillipore is not staffing but high cost of land/properties and transportation.
The problem of staffing can often be overcomed by mechanisation/computerisation but how do they overcome the problem of high rentals/transport cost?
Those companies who really need cheap labour would have moved out to low cost countries long ago and we are left with companies too small to move overseas or with bosses not competent enough to do so. The pappyies allow large scale importation of foreigners here more as a political than economic measure.

IndianJones

Back then we didn't have multi-million dollar civil servants to feed. Now we have so many of them in the system & a new generation, as well as their wives to support.:rolleyes:
:

The typical Singaporean trait of blaming the gahmen for everything is strong in this one.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the gahmen takes the credit for everything good , they take the risk of being blamed for everything bad.
Perhaps sometimes they should say "hey we were just lucky". We'd accept that sometimes they just get unlucky.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The typical Singaporean trait of blaming the gahmen for everything is strong in this one.

lky-2.jpg

"I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn't be here today. And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn't be here, we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters - who your neighbour is, how you live, the noise you make, how you spit, or what language you use. We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think."

jw5

Loyal
talk about "bo ka si", loads of parents these days let their children run amok. if me were to earn a buck each time by slapping each one of them, me would be a millionaire twice over! :eek::eek::eek:
spare the rod and you spoil the child, me say, and there are loads of spoiled brats all over the streets :mad::mad::mad:

Their parents will tell you that this is all part and parcel of "parenting". I guarantee you this. :p