• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore PM warns of lengthy global slump

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore PM warns of lengthy global slump

Cha-am, Thailand (AP): Singapore's Prime Minister has warned the global economic slump may last several more years if the US doesn't fix its creaking banking system, a newspaper reported on Saturday.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien also called on President Barack Obama to resist pressure from the American public for protectionist policies such as trade barriers to protect homegrown industries during the downturn.

Lee, in Thailand for the 14th annual summit of Southeast Asian leaders, told the Bangkok Post in a pre-summit interview that the US — the world's largest economy — will be in recession for at least the rest of the year and could continue to stumble after that.

"So you could easily be in for several years of quite slow growth worldwide. And I think it's best that we prepare for that, and prepare our people," said Lee, son of Lee Kuan Yew, the city-state's leader from 1959 to 1990.

Thailand's economy shrank in the fourth quarter and others like Malaysia and Indonesia are facing rapidly slowing growth as exports crumble. Singapore warns that its economy will contract as much as 5 per cent this year.

The region — which groups one of Asia's richest nations with some of its poorest — is at the mercy of global economic winds, particularly from the US, a major export market for Southeast Asian countries.

US banks are loaded with hundreds of billions of dollars of toxic assets after the overheated American housing market imploded last year, sending shock waves through the global financial system.

Lee said fixing ailing banks in the US and some major European nations will require politically difficult and costly decisions such as nationalization, massive injections of capital, or governments buying the banks' bad assets. All involve nationalising the banks "one way or another," he said.

"I think the choices are not easy but they have to be made. If you do not make a choice then the outcome will be like what happened in Japan in the 1990s and it went on for more than a decade because the problem just lingered," said Lee.

On protectionism, Lee said the openness of the US economy had for years driven the increase in global trade and rising prosperity, all of which was at stake if the US turned inward.

"If America turns inward, it is going to do the world a lot of harm and do themselves a lot of harm," he said.

jw5

Loyal
And in those years of slump, they should take a salary equivalent to government leaders in other countries.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think what the Pinkie implies is if this year budget not working, please dun blame me, blame US, blame Asean, blame China, blame Eastern Europe, blame India, blame everybody but dun ever blame PAP.

If there will be slow growth in many years to come, next time when order food, mee siam mai hum, laksa mai hum, cha kway teow mai hum.

KNN Pinkie

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
He warn this n warn that. Failed to see it coming. After what had happened,
dare to open mouth to give warning. Where is the foresight expected of u??
If u dare daw the highest obscene cheque, given too that u are unable to fix
this crisis at your honorable level in quickest time, we invite u to highest level
at RafflesCity (where u incidentally graduated, old RI) n do a Worls First Bungee
Jump from there, given too that u were an army BG.
Like they say......In tough times, the tough ought to get tougher............to justify
your pay. Best wishes.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are they warning us, thought this is their job to worry, we dont pay them for nothing. If you want easy job, fuck off

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
He warn this n warn that. Failed to see it coming.

Then he Blame this Blame that, Blame US, Blame Sinkies, Blame God.

Finally he Siam this Siam that, Hopefully non of you notice the obscene pay they are drawing.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then he Blame this Blame that, Blame US, Blame Sinkies, Blame God.

Finally he Siam this Siam that, Hopefully non of you notice the obscene pay they are drawing.

LEE KUAN YEW LOST AND LOST DUNNO HOW MANY BILLIONS IN TEMASICK AND GIC

EVEN MORE BILLIONS HE THREW AWAY TO HIS DOGS AND COCKROACHES SO THEY CAN TAKE FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

LKY NEED MORE BILLIONS FROM SINKIES WHO VOTED FOR HIM AND FROM THOSE WHO VOIDED THEIR VOTES

EVEN IF YOU VOTE AGAINST HIM, NO DIFFERENCE.

COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT AS SINKIES DID NOT TRY HARD ENOUGH TO KICK OUT THAT VAMPIRE BASTARD LKY

SO EXPECT EVERYTHING IN SINGAPORE TO GO UP AND UP

BASTARD LKY NEED YOUR $$$$$

HE SCREW YOU AND DEMAND THAT YOU THANK HIM FOR HIS FUCKING 'SUBISIDIESD BULLSHIT' AND 'AFFORDABLE' CON-TALK.

GO ALL OUT TO KICK ALL THOSE BASTARDS OUT

ALL OF THEM

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TIME
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!

TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR RELATIVES.

SUPPORT OPPOSITION PARTIES WITH YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND STAND BY THEM AND WITH THEM.

THEY SPEAK FOR YOU AND TRY TO SPEAK FOR YOU.

NOT LKY AND HIS BASTARDS IN WHITE WHO ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND TO FUCK YOU.

IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, THEN FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN

THERE WILL NOT BE AN OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OF USA IF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THERE WAS INTIMIDATED BY BEATINGS AND LYNCHINGS IN THE PAST.

THE TOBBLING OF LKY WILL NOT BE EASY, AND CAN BE BLOODY AS WELL.
THEY WILL NOT GIVE UP THE BILLIONS THAT THEY SUCKED FROM YOU AND CAN CONTINUE TO SCREW FROM YOU NOW AND IN FUTURE.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAY 'NO MORE OF THAT' AND THROW EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS OUT

Sinkies must organise themselves

Show that they got balls and can stand up to LKY intimidation.

Big money at stake.

Already 400-500++ billions got sucked and bled by LKY into his Temasick and GIC.
HOW MANY OTHER BILLIONS GOT SUCKED AND USED BY THEM IN GLC WHERE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND MINISTERS AND BASTARDS IN WHITE ARE CHAIRMAN AND CEOS?

EVEN IF NO ELECTIONS, SINKIES MUST SPEAK WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND ALL THEY KNOW

STAND UP TO THAT BASTARD LKY AND PAP BLOODSUCKERS

STAND WITH ALL THOSE THAT FIGHT BASTARD LKY

OR STAND UP YOURSELF IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY

DONT BE BULLIED BY THAT FUCKING COWARD LKY USING HIS CORRUPT KANGAROO COURTS AND ALL THAT HE CAN, AND WILL THROW AT YOU

You will fear them only if you allow yourself to fear them.

Just because THEY want you to fear them, must you fear those fucking bastards?

THEY ONLY CAN RULE YOU , AND BLED YOU , THROUGH FEAR AND INTIMIDATION.

SINKIES,

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM.
THEY WILL THEN FEAR YOU.

AND YOU REGAIN YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE.

DO NOT LET OUR MONEY GO TO FUND PAP DOGS FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

DO NOT DIE IN OLD FOLK HOMES IN JB.

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL: Oh Bama, my wife want refund because she spend billions buying
your lousy banks.

Bama: She walked with her eyes and legs open for screwed, don't
blame our country.

LHL: Aiyo, don't be so dirty leh, I mean well because those billion dollars
we used to save your banks belong to our taxpayers.

Bama: You sucked millions of dollar from your own taxpayers and your father
the greatest suckers of all time still dare to talk moral with me?

LHL: Hey, watch your words OK, I deserve million dollar salaries to
turn Sillypore from 3rd to 1st world OK.

Bama: You mean turning from 3rd Generation Sinkies to 1st world
poverty right? My expert can predict better than your scholars.

LHL : Ssshhh!! not so loud, Sillypore not easy to manage you know, that
is why I dissappeared from the scene when things get critical to
avoid saying the wrong things.

Bama : Fxxk you!! you think America very big and easy to manage issit?
and you are now telling me what to do while you run away from
your own little dot's problems? Go to hell!!

LHL : Oi!!! one more dirty word I sue you for defamation like what I did
to Gopalan, your citizen.

Bama : Good!! I await you in my land and I have Gopalan to represent me
and you can send your bayi over to represent you. I will have it
done democratically and on national TV which is unlike Kangaroo court
and 154th state media. You get the chance to experience true democracy like you never did before.

LHL ; Can I bring my daddy along? I treat you Mee Siam Mai Hum if you
agree.

Bama : Don't worry, I have my sausage ready for you too. Both of you
can join for a creamy feast. :biggrin:

Bayi : Master, don't talk.

LHL : ........