• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore may go back to Phase 2 Heightened Alert if Hospital ICU numbers rise steeply: Ong Ye Kung

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
From 1 in ICU to reach 1000 is a stretch. What the fark is he smoking? The % of covid patients requiring ICU care is currently at 2% of total cases. We dont even have a quarter of 1000 in total number of covid cases today.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is nit the viet problem,its the import of so call ppl from esp ceca , they are spreading n worse they allow 5 to dine, go look around esp in hawker ctr ,is worse ,thatsxwhy they go back to 2 to dine, ghesevbunch of clowns don know wat they doing

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
From 1 in ICU to reach 1000 is a stretch. What the fark is he smoking? The % of covid patients requiring ICU care is currently at 2% of total cases. We dont even have a quarter of 1000 in total number of covid cases today.
KNN he is using the martingale strategy starting from 25 KNN my uncle ever lose upto 4k using this strategy from 20 before he became a wise men :frown:KNN

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
We dont even have a quarter of 1000 in total number of covid cases today.
I vaguely remembered we could have mustered up to about 650 ICU beds- we can only plan for around 32500 cumulative cases in a short period of time, which works out around over 1K cases a day for a month. Actual number of beds in current ICU facilities is under 200, the other 450 would be converted ones.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is nit the viet problem,its the import of so call ppl from esp ceca , they are spreading n worse they allow 5 to dine, go look around esp in hawker ctr ,is worse ,thatsxwhy they go back to 2 to dine, ghesevbunch of clowns don know wat they doing
That's why MOH keep quiet whether viet bu infected by india variant.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
we won’t want the ICU beds to be 100% hogged by COVID patients, would we?

@nayr69sg Doc, what’s the average occupancy rate of beds in ICU?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
we won’t want the ICU beds to be 100% hogged by COVID patients, would we?

@nayr69sg Doc, what’s the average occupancy rate of beds in ICU?
I never work in ICU before. Closest for High Dependency for GS at SGH during MO days.

Actually from my memory of the hospitals in general is that it is always almost 90% full all wards all beds.

Maybe only during SARS it got a bit quieter with higher vacancy.

But otherwise the norm is usually hospital is nearly full almost everyday. Often will hear oh TTSH declared full. So will send cases to SGH (SGH cannot declare full).

Some days we will be asked to try and dischatge some patients so there can be beds for elective admissions or patients waiting from A&E for beds.

Healthcare in Singapore is run very high efficiency dont have staff sitting around doing nothing one. Always almost full!

I have no idea about now with covid in SG. I have not worked in SG hospital for 17 years!

From what I recall when going to ICU to see patients with my team usually ICU seems pretty full also! I think ICU has high turnover rate. Patients die. Patients improve then move to High Dependency. Actually ICU is mainly if need intubation and mechanical ventilation. Otherwise High Dependency we also can do most of the same stuff.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

We're in this mess thanks to typical oppie sammyboy behaviour. Can't you just keep it in your pants for Singapore's sake? You've put us all in grave danger!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN, I thought those smart ministers had already said that Singapore Must Live With Endemic Covid-19. WTF? Say one thing, but do otherwise.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I think ICU has high turnover rate.
Thanks Doc, your observations are rather spot on with what my kakis corroborated.

I do suspect the eventual plans were to use converted beds for COVID, leaving the original 197-198 for daily consumption by general mass- if the event comes to pass.

Imagine cross infections between COVID-ready ICU rooms and non-COVID ICU rooms :coffee::coffee::coffee:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Doc, your observations are rather spot on with what my kakis corroborated.

I do suspect the eventual plans were to use converted beds for COVID, leaving the original 197-198 for daily consumption by general mass- if the event comes to pass.

Imagine cross infections between COVID-ready ICU rooms and non-COVID ICU rooms :coffee::coffee::coffee:
I can assure u the numbers of covid ICU cases will not be near the numbers cited. Vaccinations have crossed 50% of the population with overkill restrictions and border closures n quarantine measures where can the virus come from? It's ridiculous to talk about 1000 icu cases. I would rather the idiot talk about how to ramp up vaccination numbers and living with COVID19 without restrictions, things that are more forward-thinking and more important for us to know their plans.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every misstep by PAP is our fault KNN pay you millions for fuck. Your letting in CECA and prostitutes like fresh air and blame us ? If there is supply there is no demand. Simple as that. We should be like certain races - keep it within the family. Like this won’t spread.

IamHandsome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1vOnboJ.gif

Damn song ah...... Together all Sinkies can go fly kites

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it walks like a CB and talks like a CB... why isn't it called a CB? What is 'heightened alert'? Is it a 'semi CB' or 'soft CB'? :o-o: