• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore GST is 7% France GST is 21.2%

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is NOT ALLOWED. the good gov have passed a law prohibiting silliporeans to jump into any reservoir. anyone caught will be find 100K or forced to
stay in changi hotel for 3 years or both. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey if the person dies or succeed in committing suicide, how the govt collect the money or jail him? But I think this law also good,,means those that want to kill themselves will ensure it happens,,if not kenna caught, they might as well be dead....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I stayed in Canada awhile back and the GST has two parts. Federal and provincial which comes up to more than 20% but things are still much cheaper there. Healthcare is free and cars and houses are still affordable. There are much more varieties of foodstuff due to FTs opening their own food shops unlike in peesai.

Clothing can be bought at dirt cheap prices off season. A good winter jacket can come down as much as 80% at the end of winter at major department stores. Supermarkets like costco sells stuff in bulk. You could buy a carton of toothpaste to last a whole year at 50 cents a pop. Can foods that have two months left on the expiry date are sold at mere cents( unlike fairprice and cold storage). You could easily stock your pantry for a year with can goods and supplies at bulk prices.

Home Depot sell 5litre house paint at 30 bucks. Marble tiles at 2 bucks for a 2 by 2 feet piece.

Bottom line is, so whats the fucking big deal if peesai GST is 7 % but everything else cost an arm and a leg and the wierd thing is most shit imported in peesai comes from china and india where its suppose to be cheap.

Places like Canana one can have a bbq party for 10 with ribs, steaks and pork chops the size of the moon for merely 200 canadian bucks.

Sporeans are charged a GST for everything. While Canadians do not pay taxes:

-on groceries
-medicines
-medical fees
-school supplies
-childcare products

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I found that it is quite pointless to point out that there are certain things Singaporeans pay out every month without fail to... well, most Singaporeans. And that we actually pay out a lot to the government.

Whatever you say, you have to give credit for the PAP for crafting revenue policies that the public has accepted. And it is easy to accept it since your car and HDB payment goes out in installments and you don't really feel the pain. Not like a 20% VAT that will keep staring you in the face everytime you pay for something. Instead you only realize the damage done when you look at your CPF statement when you start planning for your retirement or you sit down to plan your finances and realize that car of yours is actually more costly that all expenses paid annual vacation to Europe.

Are you really ignorant of all the hidden taxes that Sporeans have to pay:eek: I feel the pain every month when I pay my utility bills. The high utlity bills is a result of the hidden taxation we are paying.

We are also paying higher transportation costs. For the car owner, there is road tax, coe, ERP, fuel taxes. For the public transport user, they are being charged super normal profits of the state monopoly,

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you really ignorant of all the hidden taxes that Sporeans have to pay:eek: I feel the pain every month when I pay my utility bills. The high utlity bills is a result of the hidden taxation we are paying.

We are also paying higher transportation costs. For the car owner, there is road tax, coe, ERP, fuel taxes. For the public transport user, they are being charged super normal profits of the state monopoly,

For that you have to thank our wonderfully ruthless taxmen acting in concert with the ruling party. Whether PAP, WP or SDP forms the government, taxes are here to stay! How else can you pay for our world class government?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For that you have to thank our wonderfully ruthless taxmen acting in concert with the ruling party. Whether PAP, WP or SDP forms the government, taxes are here to stay! How else can you pay for our world class government?

Let's be clear, the PAP is the one calling ALL the shots in Spore. So they deserve all the credit & not the other parties i.e. WP or SDP.

So I hold the PAP wholly responsible for driving up the cost of living on this island. Sporeans may have been dumb enough to give LKY the majority, but it was the PAP which abused their mandate :(

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not ignorant and am well aware of the costs involved. However, most Singaporeans believe they are getting a bargain due to paying no to low income tax [after deductions] and will automatically bring this up to defend the government. Then I enlighten them on their flat which they do not really own, the car they drive and the utility bills they get every month. Then I point out for all that money you pay, you should really have higher expectations of service. This usually renders them glassy eyed for the rest of the day.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, i think the horspital are blood suckers. ok, granted, hospital also need to earn money, but to talk about money even before the patient is being diagnoised is plain morale sapping!