• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - Group of more than 20 cyclists allegedly hog all 3 lanes on S'pore road

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect some of the ruling elites are hardcore cyclists themselves, full kit wankers emulating Tour De France contestants etc. Naturally the policies they implement reflect their personal bias and whims.

You can see the tell-tale signs e.g. PCN paths repainted islandwide, with a bit of the path the designated cycling lane. Bicycle symbol 'Go' green lights at some pedestrian crossings, even though there's already a normal 'green man' traffic light signal nearby.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect some of the ruling elites are hardcore cyclists themselves, full kit wankers emulating Tour De France contestants etc. Naturally the policies they implement reflect their personal bias and whims.

You can see the tell-tale signs e.g. PCN paths repainted islandwide, with a bit of the path the designated cycling lane. Bicycle symbol 'Go' green lights at some pedestrian crossings, even though there's already a normal 'green man' traffic light signal nearby.
there's one here who claims he pedals faster (>41km/h) on average than tdf top 11 average speeds. on record, it actually belongs to lance armstrong at 41.69km/h in 2005, but his titles are all expunged. of course, everyone can sprint (or go downhill) faster than 41.69km/h for a short distance.
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...-speed-how-fast-are-riders-at-the-tour-465169
Tour de France average speed (last 11 editions)
2009, Alberto Contador: 40.03km/h
2010, Andy Schleck: 39.59km/h
2011, Cadel Evans: 39.79km/h
2012, Bradley Wiggins: 39.93km/h
2013, Chris Froome: 40.68km/h
2014, Vincenzo Nibali: 40.68km/h
2015, Chris Froome: 39.64km/h
2016, Chris Froome: 39.63km/h
2017, Chris Froome: 41.00km/h
2018, Geraint Thomas: 40.23km/h
2019, Egan Bernal: 40.58km/h

Last edited:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there's one here who claims he pedals faster (>41km/h) on average than tdf top 11 average speeds. on record, it actually belongs to lance armstrong at 41.69km/h in 2005, but his titles are all expunged. of course, everyone can sprint (or go downhill) faster than 41.69km/h for a short distance.
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...-speed-how-fast-are-riders-at-the-tour-465169
Tour de France average speed (last 11 editions)
2009, Alberto Contador: 40.03km/h
2010, Andy Schleck: 39.59km/h
2011, Cadel Evans: 39.79km/h
2012, Bradley Wiggins: 39.93km/h
2013, Chris Froome: 40.68km/h
2014, Vincenzo Nibali: 40.68km/h
2015, Chris Froome: 39.64km/h
2016, Chris Froome: 39.63km/h
2017, Chris Froome: 41.00km/h
2018, Geraint Thomas: 40.23km/h
2019, Egan Bernal: 40.58km/h
He said rolling speed. The TDF rolls at 50kmh to 60+ kmh to get these averages

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if these TdF wannabes ever injected EPO into themselves. I mean if they wanna emulate their cycling heroes then they should do it to the fullest.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Sinkie govt does make sense sometimes. You can’t have knee-jerk reactions to the ignorant minority. There are good reasons cycling on the road is encouraged by every country in the world unless you are a shithole like India where only cows are important on the road. Yes cyclists risk their lives on the road but fortunately majority of drivers are not like the keyboard lao heros here, the same people who still believe Trump is the Messiah.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ROAD TRAFFIC ACT
(CHAPTER 276, SECTION 140)
ROAD TRAFFIC (BICYCLES) RULES

7.—(1) No bicycle, power-assisted bicycle, trishaw or tricycle shall be ridden on the right of a motor vehicle proceeding in the same direction except when overtaking that motor vehicle.

ALWAYS KEEP LEFT, AND GIVE WAY TO FASTER TRAFFIC. Back out on the roads, the law says that “every bicycle shall be ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed”.

Drivers who get frustrated with cyclists who ride in the middle of a lane and get in their way might seem impatient, but they have the law on their side. Bicycle riders have to stick to the left hand edge of a road and stay there. And any cyclist is breaking the law if he or she deliberately obstructs a faster vehicle. That means cars, buses, trucks, motorcycles... you get the picture.

MORE THAN TWO RIDERS SIDE-BY-SIDE IS A NO-NO
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/lifestyle/laws-cyclists-ought-know

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Turn coats try in to make job stealers feel well come. :mad:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And I have issues with all the irritating road works going on right now. They are causing traffic jams everywhere. And it seems like these cable works projects are sprouting like mushrooms ever since the start of phase 3. Earlier I was driving towards Toa Payoh Lor 3. That stretch of road itself already having 4 separate group of work parties installing pipes and cables.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He said rolling speed. The TDF rolls at 50kmh to 60+ kmh to get these averages
yeah but that’s over thousands of km contested with multiple terrain conditions including multi stages of uphill and downhill. heck, i go down mount diablo at more than 69 km/h all the time. tdf wannabes in sg are delusional if they think they can achieve tdf type performance in tiny sg.

Last edited:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yeah but that’s over thousands of km contested with multiple terrain conditions including multi stages of uphill and downhill. heck, i go down mount diablo at more than 69 km/h all the time. tdf wannabes in sg are delusional if they think they can achieve tdf type performance in tiny sg.
No one in SG believes he is anything close to TDF. The strongest rider I personally know, achieves an average of 32-33kmh over 300km, with rests in between. You kept harping on this but that was not what Vamjok said.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one in SG believes he is anything close to TDF. The strongest rider I personally know, achieves an average of 32-33kmh over 300km, with rests in between. You kept harping on this but that was not what Vamjok said.
he said cruising speed at over 40 km/h and 50km/h “at some stretch”. i mentioned 36.9km/h is more likely. sinkies like to show off that they are comparable to tdf speeds by the fact that they can top over 40km/h even at cruising speeds. but that’s only over a short spurt and distance. can do it on a race track. don’t use a shared pubic roadway to do it. and don’t have to bring it up if you do. jeopardizing others if an sbf unker decides to take matters into own hand and mow down cyclists at 5am along that stretch. and again, why give away time and place? show off. and someone is going to die as a result.

Last edited:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
he said cruising speed at over 40 km/h and 50km/h “at some stretch”. i mentioned 36.9km/h is more likely. sinkies like to show off that they are comparable to tdf speeds by the fact that they can top over 40km/h even at cruising speeds. but that’s only over a short spurt and distance. can do it on a race track. don’t use a shared pubic roadway to do it. and don’t have to bring it up if you do. jeopardizing others if an sbf unker decides to take matters into own hand and mow down cyclists at 5am along that stretch. and again, why give away time and place? show off. and someone is going to die as a result.
One of the strongest local rider I know... so it’s true such rider does hit 50kmh at some parts and could roll at 40kmh if not so much traffic light
DC7379A3-AD0E-4445-A46E-CA83289C26BD.jpeg
14D9BF2B-DDC3-49FE-B219-5FD6BAB10AD1.png
3E50BA78-ADDE-431D-8D25-97DEDD02E053.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the strongest local rider I know... so it’s true such rider does hit 50kmh at some parts and could roll at 40kmh if not so much traffic light
View attachment 106682View attachment 106683View attachment 106684
average speed of 32.8km/h is ok lah at total distance of 160km on relatively flat terrain in sg. that’s what i’m referring to. rolling or cruising speeds in short stretches don’t really factor big in performance metrics in the cycling world. who cares about those except sinkie tdf wannabes.