• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore can conquer Malaysia???

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thought the usual invasion strategies are to invade the cities first. control the big and medium cities especially the railways lines passing through the cities, control or open up the railways, highways and major roads ( the transportation network of the country ) to facilitate the army to move troops and supplies swiftly across the land. the less important areas of the country will be fought later. why so much talks about the jungles. die die must fight my troops in the jungles at the war onset ?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our 2 SIR were also involved during the Confrontasi era when we were still part of Malaya..

They were send to Kota Tinggi upon receiving information that the Indonesian commandos had landed there..

After weeks inside the jungle of Kota Tinggi and not seeing any action, one of the SIR section went to the river to have a bath.. In fact the whole section were having a good time in the waters leaving their rifles unattended..

Unfortunately the Indons were eyeing their activities and punished them for their carelessness.. The whole section except for one soldier were slaughtered in cold blood by the Indonesians..

Their dead bodies were then mutilated.. Some had their private parts sliced off and shoved inside their mouths..

The dead soldiers were then buried at the Bidadari Muslim Cemetery..

i think the same fate occurred to the captured policemen who were later killed by the followers of sultan of sulu.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysian army at most, maybe 100k men. maybe the smallest in the region if exclude brunei, Cambodia and Laos.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thought the usual invasion strategies are to invade the cities first. control the big and medium cities especially the railways lines passing through the cities, control or open up the railways, highways and major roads ( the transportation network of the country ) to facilitate the army to move troops and supplies swiftly across the land. the less important areas of the country will be fought later. why so much talks about the jungles. die die must fight my troops in the jungles at the war onset ?

Vietnam cities were occupied by South Vietnam and the Americans, but the battles were fought in the countryside. We know who lost the war.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you behind time liao lah...................when war come to the city................all the people will flee to jungles................no more cable tv and internet in the city, stay there for what ?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you behind time liao lah...................when war come to the city................all the people will flee to jungles................no more cable tv and internet in the city, stay there for what ?

That I agree. Who will deliver food and serve you when there is a war, and when taps run dry? You need to hunt and find food and water to survive.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Air force will be the deciding factor. Planes in the air, probably have to carpet bomb 50 km radius from the airport runways. Intelligence probably nailed down where most of the artillery are but you just need a few hits to damage Singapore.

Don't forget a battalion hiding somewhere. They may be sissies but I would hazzard they are more effective than the forces of the Sultan of Sulu.

Another forumer is right. Battle can probably win because of the air force. War will still be lost because the army would have been made up of almost all the men in Singapore which will slowly wither and die.

I think Malaysia and Indonesia 24hr standby artillery 150mm at SG. They dont even need war plan or tank.
150mm. Modern 150mm gun can shot over 50km 10 round/min.

Just few 150mm gun in 2 min all run way in SG will gone.
JB to Sentosa direct distance only 25km .
Batam to SG (Woodland less than 60km).

So please dont talk about war SG with any other country.Sure gone case.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Air force will be the deciding factor. Planes in the air, probably have to carpet bomb 50 km radius from the airport runways. Intelligence probably nailed down where most of the artillery are but you just need a few hits to damage Singapore.

Don't forget a battalion hiding somewhere. They may be sissies but I would hazzard they are more effective than the forces of the Sultan of Sulu.

Another forumer is right. Battle can probably win because of the air force. War will still be lost because the army would have been made up of almost all the men in Singapore which will slowly wither and die.

We don't have bombers like B-52 to do carpet bombing. F-16, F-15 don't have the sufficient payload to do carpet bombing. While gaining air superiority is the first step towards winning the war, airforce cannot hold the ground. U need ground troops to move in. Here I can only foresee that our sissy soldiers get slaughter like lambs in Malaysian jungle :smile:. Close air support will be of no use under the canopy of the jungle where 2 sides are expected to engage at close range.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We don't have bombers like B-52 to do carpet bombing. F-16, F-15 don't have the sufficient payload to do carpet bombing. While gaining air superiority is the first step towards winning the war, airforce cannot hold the ground. U need ground troops to move in. Here I can only foresee that our sissy soldiers get slaughter like lambs in Malaysian jungle :smile:. Close air support will be of no use under the canopy of the jungle where 2 sides are expected to engage at close range.

Today's war is winning the battles and removing the governments but no longer occupying the country. After the Vietnam war the Americans no longer has any desire to want to take over the country but leave the people to decide their new leaders and sort out the mess.

To win a war we have to win the hearts and minds of the people and in this thread, no way Singapore can do that even if Singapore wins.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Quite so, but with these babies it can still be possible

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEPL7R8mXmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vietnam cities were occupied by South Vietnam and the Americans, but the battles were fought in the countryside. We know who lost the war.

i would say the US pulled out of the war in a stalemate, and North Vietnam, heavily aided by China and Soviet Union went on to defeat South Vietnam who ran out of military supplies after US congress cut off funding.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i would say the US pulled out of the war in a stalemate, and North Vietnam, heavily aided by China and Soviet Union went on to defeat South Vietnam who ran out of military supplies after US congress cut off funding.

If got buy body count US won the war hands down.
50k vs over 1 million gooks