• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore blogger calls NS ‘slavery’

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
what assets do Singaporeans own then? the 99-years leasehold HDB? the 10-years COE? pray tell :p

It doesn't matter whether real estate is freehold or leasehold as long as you can cash out for a profit.

Same applies to any asset and that includes COEs.

Amongst my circle of friends, 4 have cashed out in the last 18 months thanks to the buoyant economy. One is on his way to Thailand, two of them are settling in Australia and one is on his way to NZ.

The NZ bound guy is in his early 50s. We were colleagues way back in the 80s. He purchased NZ PR for 1.5 million dollars after selling his 99 year leasehold HDB flat for almost a million and private leasehold condo that he bought in his son's name for 1.2 million. He even made money selling his CAR thanks to the huge rise in COE prices over the past couple of years.

These people aren't exceptions to the rule. There are hundreds of thousands of Singaporeans who are asset rich thanks to the PAP and who are in a position to cash out and realise their profits.

If it was not for the fact that Singapore is stable and prosperous, none of their assets would be worth anything close to what they are today.

IamTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
4337730233_45826fd9e9_o.jpg

7644818522_0eda0963c2_z.jpg

This fatty cannot run anymore la.... pity him

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't matter whether real estate is freehold or leasehold as long as you can cash out for a profit.....

I could probably "cash out" and get an extra $1 million to $2 million but if people stared to do that what is going to happen to the country known as Spore:confused:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
so in short we cannot retire in Singapore? :p

Your statement is puzzling. How on earth is anyone going to realise profit if they don't cash out? :confused:

As is the case with all investments, you can only make money if, a) the asset rises in value and b) if you sell and make a profit.

If you park your arse in Singapore all your life and sit on your hands, all the opportunities created by the current booming economy will pass you by.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I could probably "cash out" and get an extra $1 million to $2 million but if people stared to do that what is going to happen to the country known as Spore:confused:

That isn't your problem. If I buy shares in company X at $9 per share and the price rises to $500 and I sell my stake at that price, I honestly couldn't care less if the company goes belly up a week later.

Singapore isn't going to boom forever, there is a limit as to how much economic activity can be generated in such a small area. Sooner or later, the party will be over. It is important that those who are asset rich realise their gains asap before it is too late.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i caught your drift, let others protect this Hotel Singapura whilst we make our pile, thank you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You've been around for long time so I'm sure you aren't naive.

The Lee family and their entourage know full well that Singapore Inc cannot go on forever. They are pumping the economy to the max so that they can do exactly as I am recommending.

The next generation of Lees aren't interested in running Singapore. They're all planning to leave when the time is right and they'll make sure that real estate prices and currency exchange rates are ripe for the picking.

Singaporeans should ride on their coat tails too. The opportunities are staring everyone in the face. It would be really dumb not to hop on the same train.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amongst my circle of friends, 4 have cashed out in the last 18 months thanks to the buoyant economy. One is on his way to Thailand, two of them are settling in Australia and one is on his way to NZ.

what a bunch of useless fucktards. no backbone to stay for the good fight. they rather be 2nd class shits than to fight to be 1st class here.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next generation of Lees aren't interested in running Singapore. They're all planning to leave when the time is right and they'll make sure that real estate prices and currency exchange rates are ripe for the picking.

that's the best news i've heard all day.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marcos gang is popular in php. They only lost Imelda's shoes when she left the presidential palace as no time to pack. The marcos r still rich n influential. There was no bloodletting etc. Marcos got away scot free. Not many hated dictators end up like Mussolini.

they will be hunted down like the Marcos'. there will be enough determined people left behind to start afresh and destroy those who looted the country.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) Area cleaning
2) Guard duty
3) National Day parade
4) Guard of honor parade
5) VIP parade
6) VVIP parade
7) General duties

The lists goes on.
Instead of focusing what a soldier should do best, we ended up doing mostly all the above tasks.