• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - Banglas in dormitory lockdowns complain the food is not Bangla food, terribly unedible for Banglas! Judge the food photos for yourself!

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks laosai, like typical cookhouse food.

The real solution is just to tio them raw ingredients and assign 1 out of every 8 to cookhouse duties.

BUT OFC, some fucking PAPpy corrupt scumbag is getting a big contract to feed these poor bastards, so instead they have to throw face in the international media again.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The food too good for them. Just ask prata stalls owners how to cook watery fish curry and serve with plenty of white rice can liao. That how they eat usually.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Threaten these CB bangalas to prove that the food is inedible. Give the food to stray dogs to eat. If the dog can eat, then send the dogs back to their country.

Ungrateful fuckers.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ticking time bomb waiting to explode
Tia gong got deploy ang chia outside dormitories
Little India Part 2 in the making very soon ...
Will ang chia people get to "perform" when the time comes ?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ticking time bomb waiting to explode
Tia gong got deploy ang chia outside dormitories
Little India Part 2 in the making very soon ...
Will ang chia people get to "perform" when the time comes ?
Ang chia not enough for every dorms under lockdown. Bukit Merah riot mata full strength cannot be more than a few hundred men. Add in the Gurkha another 2-3k. Outnumbered 100-1, will be interesting if really riots.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ang chia not enough for every dorms under lockdown. Bukit Merah riot mata full strength cannot be more than a few hundred men. Add in the Gurkha another 2-3k. Outnumbered 100-1, will be interesting if really riots.

Hope I'm wrong about the riot thingy
But what if :laugh:
Pinky must be crying on Ho Jinx's shoulder every night
How he wished Papa was still around
Pinky simply cannot handle this mess
This is not the cable car incident :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope I'm wrong about the riot thingy
But what if :laugh:
Pinky must be crying on Ho Jinx's shoulder every night
How he wished Papa was still around
Pinky simply cannot handle this mess
This is not the cable car incident :biggrin:
If u served NS in combat unit, u shd know the CO most of time choobolan. It normally the S3 who plan everything and make sure OCs follows orders. Cable car incident pinkie just the taupekgong only. The ops must plan by someone with experience in flying the Huey and repel from a Huey before.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't worry ...our SAF is always ready. Not enough we can bring in the SDA and all the other flowery titles in. SQ stewards and stewardess can join in too. One SINKapore!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is paying the bill?

'Just pray, very soon I can get well': Migrant workers from dorms battle on
Some things have changed — while others have not — since the first foreign-worker dormitories were declared to be isolation areas nearly two weeks ago.

A photo taken by Subramaniam Pugalandi, a migrant worker in Singapore, with his wife and son.
Subramaniam Pugalandi with his wife and son. With the onset of a fever this week, the migrant worker's eyes started reddening, but his thoughts of his son brought out his tears even more. (Photo: Subramaniam Pugalandi)
18 Apr 2020 09:47AM
Bookmark
SINGAPORE: Last week, he was panicking “only a little bit” while waiting out his quarantine in a dormitory room. But when Subramaniam Pugalandi became sick in the wee hours of Monday, he cried in fear.

The migrant worker just knew, even before any tests were done, that he had COVID-19.

As he was taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases to be tested, the resident of S11 Dormitory @ Punggol thought about his wife and four-year-old son. He felt that there was a “question mark” over his future.

But once warded, Pugal met his hospital roommate — a Bangladeshi worker who had been admitted just two days prior, and was ready to be moved to the community isolation facility at the Singapore Expo.

Pugal with his hospital roommate, a Bangladeshi who also had Covid-19.
Pugal with his hospital roommate.
“He said, ‘Same virus-fever. Now I’m okay already'," recounted Pugal. “I saw that his body temperature, everything, was okay. Then I believed in myself.”

The 35-year-old Indian national is now at the Singapore Expo too, with a cough and a slightly low potassium level, but no more fever, runny nose or body aches. And in the airy hall, he can finally walk around.

“It looks like a luxury hotel. Everything’s okay,” he said. “It’s better than the hospital, and better than the quarantine room.”

Pugal first touched CNA Insider viewers' hearts when he spoke of his worries during his time in quarantine, watching as his room-mates fell sick.

WATCH: Life In Isolation: Inside Singapore's Foreign Worker Dormitories During COVID-19 (7:18)

GROWING WORRIES

For other affected workers that CNA Insider stayed in touch with, some things have changed — while others have not — since the first foreign worker dormitories were declared to be isolation areas nearly two weeks ago.

Amin Mohammad Al, a resident at S11 Dormitory, has seen two roommates test positive for the novel coronavirus, and another person was also moved out after showing symptoms.

But he said his room, which has six occupants now, has not been disinfected.

READ: Battling fear and boredom, migrant workers grapple with isolation in dormitories
The rising number of confirmed cases in the dormitories has been a cause for concern, workers told CNA Insider. But they have tried to manage their emotions.

“If I worry too much, I can’t comfort my mum,” said Pangkil, who is at Sungei Tengah Lodge.

In the confines of his room, the residents have cooperated by, for example, maintaining a one-metre distance as best they can, he said. But this safe distancing is a problem when it comes to collecting their meals, lamented the Bangladeshi, who asked not to be identified by his real name.

Residents collecting their food at Sungei Tengah Lodge. (Source: 'Pangkil')
Residents collecting their food at Sungei Tengah Lodge on Apr 16 (Source: 'Pangkil')
“The security (personnel) give out the food at the staircase near the lift ... They say one person can carry everything. But (from) some rooms, they come in twos, threes or fours also, making it a very big gathering,” he said.

“Even if I (observe) a safe distance, other men don’t ... (Where) I stand, they also come near. Previously, (the food) was delivered to every room.”

LENDING SUPPORT

As it has been all week, most of the 623 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday were foreign workers in dormitories.

There are 43 purpose-built dormitories in Singapore housing 200,000 foreign workers. Some 7,000 of them working in essential services have been moved out to sites like military camps and floating accommodations. The latest facilities to be activated as an alternative living area are some of the ActiveSG sport halls.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Wah can you imagine if all dorms riot at same time. 100,000+ rioters!

Then they ran amok all over sinkieland break into HDB flats and whack all the roti prata and curry they can find!

Chow gian curry!

Better dont cook curry ok? They can smell it they will come for it.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Via Khaw Boon Wan's Facebook.

Here's the full post:

Top photos by SATS, via Khaw Boon Wan's Facebook

If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Telegram to get the latest updates.

If the banglas don't eat, he might cry again

npYKdrs.gif

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
They want nasi bryani from Islamic Restaurant lah....
They can jolly well starve or go back to where they come from. They can get authentic banglas food. But I doubt they will be able to afford it without singkieland giving them jobs

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banglas are muslims. So must give muslim food, not Indian food.

I have a great suggestion to this problem...ask MUIS to bring forward the next Ramadan month to this month. Ho Say Liao.....

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can jolly well starve or go back to where they come from. They can get authentic banglas food. But I doubt they will be able to afford it without singkieland giving them jobs
Bangladesh doing just fine manufacturing the clothes you wear. No need to leave the country.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have so much free time, hiam food and all. Why not gather the ones that can do some work to make masks or hand sanitizers or some meaningful work during their quarantine period?