• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore appointed 2 idiots to lead the task force.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to take Singapore forward together. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong updated his cover photo.​

5 d ·
Engaging, listening and working with all of you. Let's take Singapore Forward, together.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Terence Tan)

439021974_980438783441601_8036395885962813972_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence had the pleasure of catching up with Coordinating Minister Luhut Pandjaitan. :tongue:

Lawrence Wong

6 d ·
The relationship between Singapore and Indonesia rests on strong foundations built by both sides over the past decades.
Singapore is committed to building on these foundations together with our Indonesian friends. There are many exciting areas for us to explore - renewable energy, green technology, healthcare and the digital economy. We have many complementary strengths, and there are tremendous opportunities ahead of us and for our region.
This morning I had the pleasure of catching up with Coordinating Minister Luhut Pandjaitan. Pak Luhut has made many contributions over the years to Singapore-Indonesia relations. We are grateful for his friendship.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Liu Ying)

439025385_980454693440010_8008293440557455226_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence welcomed a bipartisan US Congressional delegation (CODEL). :cool:

Lawrence Wong

6 d ·
Singapore and the US share a longstanding and multifaceted partnership, which continues to grow from strength to strength.
I welcomed a bipartisan US Congressional delegation (CODEL) today led by Chair of the House Financial Services Committee (HFSC) Rep. Patrick McHenry.
The HFSC oversees the US financial services industry, monetary policy, and international finance. I had a good discussion with the CODEL on regional geopolitical issues and Singapore's experiences in developing a vibrant FinTech ecosystem. Such engagements are part of our close cooperation with the US across sectors and industries.
(
1f4f8.png

439666466_981237800028366_6124894243968651812_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence caught the Pink Moon. :redface::x3::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

6 d ·
Did you manage to catch the full Pink Moon tonight despite the cloudy sky?
1f315.png

#didyouknow that the "Pink Moon" was not named because it is pink in colour, but for the colour of spring flowers that bloom at this time of year?
1f33a.png

439690013_981252790026867_2374819196013893072_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence asks athletes to go forth and chase the rainbow. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Lawrence Wong

4 d ·
Having served at Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth - MCCY 10 years ago, I have seen how the Singapore Sports School has evolved and grown into a national institution for high-performance sports. So I was delighted to be back at the school to celebrate its 20th anniversary!
At MCCY, I introduced the spexScholarship to better support our high-performance athletes. Under Edwin Tong’s leadership, MCCY has continued to expand and grow the spex programme. The latest addition is a new scholarship for undergraduate studies for our young athletes. This will provide support for school expenses at the undergrad level. And it is on top of the funds we set aside for the One Team Singapore fund announced in this year's #SGBudget2024.
To all our athletes: go forth and chase the rainbow. Singapore is behind you all the way!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

Singapore Sports School

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks President Jokowi for his leadership and gracious hospitality. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Singapore-Indonesia relations have grown from strength to strength over the past decade under the leadership of PM Lee Hsien Loong and Presiden Joko Widodo.
2024 is a year of leadership transition for Indonesia and Singapore. The Leaders’ Retreat today therefore was a unique opportunity for the two leaders to meet with each other, together with their successors, i.e. President-Elect Prabowo Subianto and me.
We affirmed the excellent state of bilateral relations and the long and substantive list of items on our agenda for cooperation (covering areas like the economy, defence, digital, renewable energy, food security, human capital etc).
I thank President Jokowi for his leadership and gracious hospitality today. I look forward to working with President-Elect Prabowo to build on the strong ties, and to take our partnership to greater heights.
(
1f4f8.png

440778479_984106446408168_6490621789540123741_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to work together on the road ahead! :cautious::devilish::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

4 h ·
What makes Singapore special?
A critical success factor is our tripartite partnership, where we join hands between the unions, employers and government, to ensure that everyone benefits from the nation’s progress.
Our forefathers have laid the foundations of a symbiotic partnership between the People's Action Party and NTUC Singapore. Under PM Lee Hsien Loong's leadership, this partnership has grown and strengthened over the years.
My team and I will continue to strengthen this partnership, and equip and empower every Singaporean - so everyone can pursue their dreams and realise their fullest potential.
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

Let's work together on the road ahead!
#MayDayRally2024 #ForwardSG
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Terence Tan)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence visited his old school. (which is a very good school) :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

6 h ·
Back on the grounds of my alma mater, Tanjong Katong Secondary School (used to be TK Tech)!
Growing up in the east, attending TK was a natural choice for me. I took my studies seriously but I also had fun playing and making many good friends.
Whichever school you pick, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow, and make good friends. So make the most of these opportunities and all the best in your learning journey!

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence receives letters from children. :biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
I receive letters from children from time to time. And this time, I got one from 7-year-old Faith.
Coincidentally, Faith's birthday is the same day as my swearing-in ceremony on 15 May. Happy 8th birthday in advance, Faith!
1f973.png

I hope you get to watch the swearing-in broadcast on your birthday. Thanks for writing in!

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to advance the mental health and well-being of all Singaporeans! :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Mental health is a key priority on our national agenda. A big part of this is supporting mental health at all stages of life, from our young ones to our seniors - to build capabilities, strengthen resilience and reduce stigma.
Glad to be at Samaritans of Singapore Limited‘s 55th anniversary yesterday, and to speak to dedicated volunteers and donors. SOS has made great contributions to mental health and suicide prevention over the decades.
We will continue working closely with all partners and stakeholders to advance the mental health and well-being of all Singaporeans!
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was honoured to host His Majesty Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar, King of Malaysia to breakfast. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Honoured to host His Majesty Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar, King of Malaysia to breakfast this morning.
Malaysia is Singapore’s closest neighbour and key partner. Our ties run deep, underpinned by a shared history, and reinforced by family and cultural links.
I will continue to pay close attention to furthering our countries’ relations as Prime Minister and look forward to bringing our bilateral relations to greater heights.
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore. :cool:

Lawrence Wong is with Alvin Tan 陈圣辉 and
7 others
.​

2 d ·
Everyone goes through their fair share of struggles in life. Recovering from drug addiction is particularly challenging, but with support from stakeholders and loved ones, many have emerged stronger.
I thank Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore for inviting ex-drug offenders and their families to the Parliament of Singapore last afternoon. They witnessed Minister K Shanmugam Sc deliver Singapore's National Drug Control Policy, demonstrating that recovery and fulfilling lives after addiction are possible.
Singapore will hold our inaugural Drug Victims Remembrance Day next Friday, 17 May. And we will continue to do so on the third Friday of May each year, to encourage conversations on the impact of drug abuse on our community.
Together, let's ensure a safe, drug-free Singapore for future generations.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Lim Sin Thai)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence is grateful for many things. :rolleyes::eek::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Today was Mr Lee Hsien Loong’s final Cabinet meeting as Prime Minister. We are grateful for his service and leadership.
As I prepare to take over the baton, I am also grateful for the support of my colleagues. I will work closely with them, to harness fully the strengths of the team, and to take Singapore forward. I will share more details about the new Cabinet line-up next week.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Lim Sin Thai)

440441411_990279042457575_6862327219808532991_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence's mission is to keep this miracle going for as long as he can. :o-o::confused::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
The Economist posed a question about the legacy I would hope to leave in future.
I said our starting point is, Singapore may have transformed tremendously over the past 60 years. But the reality is, we are still a small island in a vast and dangerous world, which is going to get more dangerous in the coming years.
We will always be an improbable nation, forged only through the collective will of our people. And my mission is to keep this miracle going for as long as I can, and make our little red dot shine brightly as long as possible.
You can read the full transcript of the interview here: https://go.gov.sg/theeconomistmay2024
(
1f4f8.png

438304055_990767899075356_1664792959640853606_n.jpg