• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Silat referee's conscience is clear....

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
.Controversial silat referee Jasni Salam took responsibility for his errors in the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games final, but added that other officials present had to shoulder the blame, too, reported The New Paper (TNP), which tracked him down on Tuesday.

In the Class A 45-50kg final on 17 November, the 52-year-old awarded Indonesia’s Dian Kristanto the gold medal even though the Indonesian bit Thai opponent Anothai Choopeng, ran away from him and then hid behind the referee’s back.

Speaking to TNP at the Eunos Community Club, Jasni admitted to making the glaring errors, but denied allegations that he intentionally tried to swing the match Indonesia’s way.

“My conscience is clear… I made some poor refereeing decisions in the final, but there was no kelong (corruption),” the veteran referee of 20 years told TNP.

Jasni told the same paper that despite the mistakes he made, officials in the arena had the power to correct his decisions, and that in silat, the referee’s decision is not final. Moreover, points are awarded by the five jury members seated around the arena, not the referee.

TNP reported that in one instance, other referees present actually tried to inform Jasni of his failure to penalise Dian, however, the former Singapore national coach did not heed their advice and also failed to pick out other infringements in the next round.

“If I was doing so badly, why didn’t they substitute me with another referee, which is within their rights to do so?” Jasni told TNP, admitting also that he had failed to notice the referees’ council trying to get his attention during the match due to the chaos and noise.

Jasni's bewildering actions caused much outrage after the match.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
good to run behind the referee and won! next time uncle goes into the boxing ring, go hide behind the referee...surely win one!

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck? The fighter hides behind the referee and the referee hides behind the judges? If this is not kelong, then what the fuck is it?

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wondered how much he pocketed......the indo fighter obviously knew about it beforehand.....unless there was betting involved if not i dun see much value in a lousy sea games medal.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore bookies kelong network reach far and wide even Hungarians also involved... Man linked to Singaporean kelong king Wilson Raj Perumal has been arrested in Hungary a few days ago...

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
The explaination made by this Silat referee gives me a feeling that he is Indian.

I stand corrected!

Last edited:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found the video about the match.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_c2C2XO-0sE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is clear that either The ref took some money before the game or he performed poorly in his refereeing and let the crowd emotions get the better of him.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malay silat, Chinese wushu, Korean taekwondo, Japanese karate or judo, Thai or even western boxing shouldn't be considered sports. There're violence, not even contact sports. These are different from contact sports where contact is incidental, e.g. in rugby, football or basketball. The point is to deliever a ball somewhere but contact and even injury in the process is inevitable. These are martial arts and martial arts shouldn't be considered sports. Nobody should be cheering for someone knocking down and out someone else for a medal by physical force, whatever skills involved. Martial arts practitioners should keep it among themselves as their private practice.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its a disgraceful act of refereeing... He does not even feel a tinge of remorse about the whole matter.. Lucky for him, the Thai chap who lost the match did not give this Spore ref a flying kick.. I read somewhere that the Spore Silat Chief Executive even called this ref a moron.. This ref is indeed a Moron..:(

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a disgraceful act of refereeing... He does not even feel a tinge of remorse about the whole matter.. Lucky for him, the Thai chap who lost the match did not give this Spore ref a flying kick.. I read somewhere that the Spore Silat Chief Executive even called this ref a moron.. This ref is indeed a Moron..:(

His cheque has cleared. :wink:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
630silatrefree_063706.jpg

Jasni Salam kept decidedly mum when asked about the incident at the SEA Games. (Yahoo! photo/Alvin Ho)
He admits errors but also blames others: report

dlsilat30.jpg

'I was wrong, but I didn't kelong'​