• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA discrimates non-S'porean staff: Taiwan stewardess

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
topImage.jpg

TWO Taiwanese flight attendants who are employed by Singapore Airlines (SIA) claim they have been discriminated against by the company.

One of them, who is known only as Miss Liu, claims she was promised a salary of NT80,000 (S$3,500) but it turns out to be only NT35,000 (S$1,500).

Liu, who has been flying for three years, made allegations against the Singapore-based airline company in an interview with Taiwan news channel CTI that it had falsely advertised the basic salary for cabin crew in its recruitment drive in Taiwan.

In the news clip, which has gone viral, she even alluded to the fact that aspiring air stewardesses, like her, have been deceived.

Another SIA stewardess, who only identified herself as "Xiao Q", was also unhappy with SIA even though she had been working for the company for some 11 years now.

Taiwanese employees are inferior to Singaporean employees, according to her.

She also claimed that Singaporean flight attendants were given priority in training for Airbus A380 operations. SIA operates the A380 to Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo and Zurich.

Both Liu and Xiao Q also alleged that Singaporean flight attendants were given the opportunity to fly on long haul routes, whereas the Taiwanese attendants could only work on roundabout flights to nearby destinations, in which case, they had to return on the same day, disqualifying them of allowances.

Apparently, Singapore attendants could also transfer to ground duties after 15 years, but it was not the case with Taiwanese employees. Also, there were no pregnancy benefits for female stewardesses.

Is this a case of unfair treatment or misunderstanding?

AsiaOne contacted Singapore Airlines to find out if, indeed, the claims of the two Taiwan air stewardesses were true.

A SIA spokesman told AsiaOne: "Our ads state very clearly that the salary figure cited is for basic salary and various allowances."

SIA, which is now recruiting cabin crew from Asia-Pacfic countries, stated this on its company website: "Upon graduation (from training), you can look forward to a basic salary and various allowances amounting to about $3,500 a month."

The Airline spokesman also added: "The majority of our cabin crew are trained to operate on multiple fleet types which covers most of our destinations, as long as they meet English proficiency requirements. We do employ a small number of crew from Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan who primarily operate on routes that serve those specific markets, to fill the need in terms of local cultural and language requirements of our customers. This is made known to them during recruitment."

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking Cheebye Taiwan Slut :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Not happy just quit
Who cares about you? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't even criticize SIA
I have some SIA shares

Come on Sinkies, defend your national carrier!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
___________Fucking Cheebye Taiwan Slut :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Not happy just quit
Who cares about you? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't even criticize SIA
I have some SIA shares

[/SIZE]

==

Really - ivebert? Wait till u speak to the local pilots about the preferential treatment given to expat pilots.

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another SIA stewardess, who only identified herself as "Xiao Q", was also unhappy with SIA even though she had been working for the company for some 11 years now.

KNN if not happy there still stay 11 yrs. WTF

Taiwanese employees are inferior to Singaporean employees, according to her.

So much for SG treating FTs better then locals

The Airline spokesman also added: "The majority of our cabin crew are trained to operate on multiple fleet types which covers most of our destinations, as long as they meet English proficiency requirements.

Stupid Taiwanese can't speak english starts complaining. Maybe she should brush up on her freaking English first. Reminds me of a Taiwanese show that criticize SG about our English proficiency. KNN, the average Taiwanese can't even string a proper sentence in English to save his life :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
___________Fucking Cheebye Taiwan Slut :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:[/SIZE]

___________Not happy just quit[/SIZE]
___________Who cares about you? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:[/SIZE]

___________Don't even criticize SIA[/SIZE]
___________I have some SIA shares[/SIZE]

___________Come on Sinkies, defend your national carrier![/SIZE]

Just employ Singaporeans, cheap, hardworking, no complaints and good for company profits. :biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this ivebert aka manokie, brains not functioning well.

he kpkb about sinkies and yet he gt shares of sinkies national carrier. :eek:
slapping himself.:biggrin: siao kia.:biggrin:

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
....Don't even criticize SIA
I have some SIA shares

Steady lah, we need more people like you! PAP gahment always believe in asset enhancement! Better to continue to support PAP for more good years!

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done Singapore Airlines. Charity begins at home. I am proud that you treat our own original "made-in-singapore" citizens much better then these "mouth-full of complaints" foreign trash who can't even speak proper English. A friend told me that once when he was flying from Taipei, he overheard a female "Chinese" flight attendant telling another standing passenger during a turbulence, "preeze have a seck" (please have a seat). Imagine what would people be thinking..... Kick all this people and employ Malaysians, Indonesians and other close neighbours within ASEAN. Why must we depend on them. Our own multi-racial girls are more presentable and some have very sharp features. Why go for such cheap good-for-nothing stuff, who can't even secure a job on their own airlines.
It is also about time we kick off all the "pei-du ma's" from Singapore who are conveniently walking the back-lanes of our red-light areas.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done Singapore Airlines. Charity begins at home. I am proud that you treat our own original "made-in-singapore" citizens much better then these "mouth-full of complaints" foreign trash who can't even speak proper English. A friend told me that once when he was flying from Taipei, he overheard a female "Chinese" flight attendant telling another standing passenger during a turbulence, "preeze have a seck" (please have a seat). Imagine what would people be thinking..... Kick all this people and employ Malaysians, Indonesians and other close neighbours within ASEAN. Why must we depend on them. Our own multi-racial girls are more presentable and some have very sharp features. Why go for such cheap good-for-nothing stuff, who can't even secure a job on their own airlines.
It is also about time we kick off all the "pei-du ma's" from Singapore who are conveniently walking the back-lanes of our red-light areas.

I hope they remove the shit skins too.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope they remove the shit skins too.

Singaporean Indians don't speak hindi. They will always have India Indians on the flight. U need to take a freaking flight to India to understand why. Flights to most countries and flights to India = different experience.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the SIA said, "$3,500" then "$3,500" it is. Thus I am inclined to take the Taiwanese stewardess' words with a pinch of salt.

First, was she engaged via a recruitment agency?

Second, she should have an employment contract. Is her contract with SIA directly or via a recruitment agency?

The SIA is a world-class carrier. There is no way they will compromise their integrity for the sake of a few dollars. It is not conceivable that they penalize foreign Taiwanese in the current atmosphere where foreigners are treasured and welcomed. Also they need foreign workers who can speak their national language better than singaporeans for certain routes.

It is also puzzling that this particular Taiwanese was not deployed on Singapore-Taipei routes assuming that 'nearby' means SEA routes.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the SIA said, "$3,500" then "$3,500" it is. Thus I am inclined to take the Taiwanese stewardess' words with a pinch of salt.

Second, she should have an employment contract. Is her contract with SIA directly or via a recruitment agency?

The SIA is a world-class carrier. There is no way they will compromise their integrity for the sake of a few dollars. It is not conceivable that they penalize foreign Taiwanese in the current atmosphere where foreigners are treasured and welcomed. Also they need foreign workers who can speak their national language better than singaporeans for certain routes.

It is also puzzling that this particular Taiwanese was not deployed on Singapore-Taipei routes assuming that 'nearby' means SEA routes.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. if the flight attendant in-question is unhappy on her package.
3. simple: get out of the uncaring airlines!
4. and if she has the "qualifications" she could easily get another flying thing mah.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean Indians don't speak hindi. They will always have India Indians on the flight. U need to take a freaking flight to India to understand why. Flights to most countries and flights to India = different experience.

who cares those flights to shitland should have english speakers. Anyway i hope that only shit skins are manning the flights to and from shitland.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Use your fucking brains

It could be a rival carrier's plot

Taiwanese can do anything to gain $1
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who cares those flights to shitland should have english speakers. Anyway i hope that only shit skins are manning the flights to and from shitland.

Most decent airlines will try to employ pple who speak the native language to service flights bound for those destination as not all passengers can speak English. In the case of India, they can't even get their language right, all of the states speak different languages although hindi is the most widely spoken which is why on Indian flights they usually have at least 1 Indian stewardess. As for pilots, as far as my experience goes, most of the flights I've taken to India are not piloted by Indians