• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shouldn't This DSP Be Charged For Perjury?

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shouldn't the DSP be charged for perjury?

http://www.yoursdp.org/index.php/ne...ce-testimony-crumbles-under-cross-examination

Police testimony crumbles under cross-examination

Monday, 23 February 2009
Singapore Democrats

I
n what might very well be the first of its kind, prosecution witness Mohd Hassan told the court that the charge written by the Attorney-General's Chambers for the WB-IMF protest was "incorrect".

DSP Hassan was testifying on the third day of the current three-day tranche for which Mr Gandhi Ambalam, Ms Chee Siok Chin, Dr Chee Soon Juan, Mr Tan Teck Wee, and Mr Teoh Tian Jing are charged with "attempting to participate in a procession from the Speakers' Corner to Parliament House" on 16 Sep 06.
In a bizarre day of testimony, the officer said that the protesters and the crowd who had gathered on the morning of 16 Sep at Hong Lim Park was illegal as the place was not Speakers' Corner.

This, Mr Hassan indicated, was why he had ordered his assistant to use the loudhailer to order those present to disperse as the gathering constituted an unlawful assembly. This was also why officers were advising members of the public who had turned up not to join in the illegal event.

But it was pointed out to the witness that the group had registered at the police station before proceeding to speak and that no permit was required for the Speakers' Corner.

Dr Chee Soon Juan even produced a map of Hong Lim Park showing the demarcation of the Speakers' Corner.

DSP Hassan was mot moved. The area was still not the Speakers' Corner, he insisted.

"But the charge says we were at Speakers' Corner and had attempted to stage a procession from Speakers' Corner," Dr Chee pointed out. "Yet you say that we were not at Speaker's Corner."

"Yes, I did not draft the charge, Your Honour," Mr Hassan told the judge.

"So are you saying you are right and the charge is wrong?" asked Dr Chee.

"No, I never made the allegation that Dr Chee intended to march specifically from Speakers' Corner."

"So you disagree wtih this charge?" Dr Chee pressed as the witness was obviously prevaricating.

Mr Hassan hesitated: "It's not up to me to agree or disagree."

"You say one thing and the charge says another. Do you disagree with the charge?" Dr Chee asked the third time.

"I'm not sure," the witness started to waver, "because I was not involved in its drafting."

"Witness, I'm not asking whether you were involved in drafting the charge," Dr Chee pushed on, "I'm asking you whether you agree with the charge or not."

Mr Hassan refused to answer.

"Let me make this simple. You testify that we were not within Speakers' Corner. I've shown you this charge which specifically says that we were at Speakers' Corner. The two are at odds. I'm asking you right now, whether you drafted it or not, would you say that this charge is incorrect?"

The witness thought for a moment and finally conceded, "Yes."

'Dr Chee broke away' - or maybe not

On another topic DSP Hassan had testified that he stood directly in front of Dr Chee to stop the SDP secretary-general and the group from carrying out the march. In addition, two police cordons were formed around the group to prevent it from proceeding out of Speakers' Corner.
But at one point during the incident, Dr Chee had told the DSP that the protesters would walk singly instead of in a group. No law says that persons cannot walk singly.

Based on that the officer allowed the protesters to proceed separately. A few seconds later, however, Mr Hassan changed his mind and ran after Dr Chee to stop him. By then Dr Chee was at the traffic-light junction of North Canal Road and South Bridge Road.

In a shocking twist, however, the DSP told the court that "Dr Chee managed to break away" from him.

Mr Gandhi Ambalam confronted Mr Hassan on this and pointed out that it was the DSP who had allowed Dr Chee to pass through him and the police cordons.

"I didn't allow him to pass through, he broke through," the witness insisted.

When Dr Chee took over the cross-examination, Mr Hassan again claimed that it was the SDP leader who had broken away and not he who had allowed Dr Chee to pass through.

"I'm giving you every opportunity to be as clear as you can be," Dr Chee warned. "I've no pleasure in confronting you at a later stage with evidence. I'm reminding you that you are under oath. Now again, did you at any point allow me to walk away outside the cordon towards the corner of North Canal Road and South Bridge Road? Yes or no?"

"It's not that I allowed Dr Chee to move, but he did break away," the witness resisted one last time. Then he conceded, "I initially told Dr Chee to go ahead. If your intention is to walk alone, then you should proceed."

"I'm glad for your own sake that you now admit that I did not break away. You had allowed me to go by saying 'go ahead', correct?" Dr Chee asked.

"Yes," the DSP finally relented, "that was my reaction initially, Your Honour."

By then it was close to 6 pm and the hearing was adjourned to the next tranche of dates set for 18-19 Mar 09.

Note: The local media is completely censoring news about this and other hearings involving the SDP and other activists. The reason is because the PAP doesn't want the public to understand legal arguments about civil liberties, and the many gaffes and lies of the police as they try to fix peaceful protesters.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can they have this type of substandard materials in the police force !

An embarassment to the force ! Are they desperate till now !
Or the mat desperate to hold his job !

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
***Note: The local media is completely censoring news about this and other hearings involving the SDP and other activists. The reason is because the PAP doesn't want the public to understand legal arguments about civil liberties, and the many gaffes and lies of the police as they try to fix peaceful protesters.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the best part yet.

Wait till the part DSP Hassan said :"Mr. Gandhi's speech was about PM Lee's NDP rally where he made the Mee Siam Mai Hum Blunder..." something like that.

Prosecutor asked: what you mean by blunder?

DSP Hassan: It was unintended mistake where it should had been Mee Siam Mai Hiam instead, Mr. Gandhi used this to redicue the PM. And the crowd Cheered & Jeered.

I am not writting in full and details, too funny!

Cross Examination by Gandhi what cheer & jeer?

DSP Hassan: Cheer for SDP Jeer for the MATAS!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Too much lies by matas in court, I am still awaiting for my own turn to cross examine this mata. He admited that he was the one to order his deputy Inspector Lim Patrick to announce on loud speakers that it was an iLEEgal assembly in Speakers Cornered and unless crowd left or they will be deemed as breaking the law.

Mata had become Judge at the absent of Judge to impose Injuction on taxi during WB-IMF, and more than that, they had become Parliament also (DSP Hassan's Parliament) to change law adhoc at Speakers' Cornered during WB-IMF.

:mad::mad::mad:

Think SDP may write out the part of Mee Siam Mai Hum from their court notes. You just wait!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol.

PWNED.

因廟堂之上,朽木為官;殿陛之間,禽獸食祿。狼心狗行之輩,滾滾當朝;奴顏婢膝之徒,紛紛秉政

I love that! :wink:
Best description of famiLEE LEEgime!

朽木為作栋
禽獸食祿=满朝皆是
狼心狗行之輩=就在证人席上
at least one of them there! :biggrin:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this the standard of our poodles? that's sad.

This isn't shocking let alone surprising. In totalitarian regimes law enforcement, judiciary, media, military, etc are at the behest of the regime. Just like the Stasi. The good DSP will be be given a pat on the back by his superiors for his baptism under intense fire and his loyalty to his country. A cushy promotion with a big fat pay raise up the next scale will follow soonest.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
May Lord Jesus Christ help Singapore.

Comments from readers:

jeffgoh - Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:18 pm
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy" [/b][/b]From Travels of Praiseworthy Men (1658) by J. A. Suarez Miranda

Ted -
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:06 am

Mr Hassan, I wonder how you can sleep at night. You are a disgrace to Singapore as well as to your family. Go on, go lick the balls of the pap I'm sure you are going to get promoted. But you're going to die one day, do you have face to see Alah???

Robox - Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:41 am
BRAVO to all the defendants in this case!

Re: "The local media is completely censoring news about this and other hearings involving the SDP and other activists. The reason is because the PAP doesn't want the public to understand legal arguments about civil liberties, and the many gaffes and lies of the police as they try to fix peaceful protesters."

I repeat:

1. If the SDP hadn't organized this event, the six defendants would never have been charged.

2. If the six defendants had never been charged, this case wouldn't have gone to court.

3. If this case had never gone to court, the SDP could never have written about here.

4. If the SDP had never written about it here, we would never have learnt the true extent to which the Singapore Police Force is staffed by liars who would say ANYTHING under oath to win the case for the criminal PAP.

That's exactly why the corrupt ISD-run Straits Times would not run the story despite it being in the public interest.

Civil obedience works! (The SDP is well within the law and there was no disobedience; only the PAP justice system is out of bounds here.

Corrupt to the core kangaroo justice system, I say.

exSINgaPOORean - Why cover up? Tue, 24 Feb 2009 1:15 am
Why the press is not reporting?

This is against "public interest" as the public needs to know the extended of our "effection" police force and the PAP lies.

If it is indeed the PAP govt that orders the Straits Times to cover up or not to report such dramatic protest and court case then it is "CORRUPTION"!

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this the standard of our poodles? that's sad.

Our judicial system are never challenged like this, they bully those who are poor and have no knowledge of the law and their rights under our constitution.

Our Poodles are not use to be cross examined like this, they can't stand on their own 2 feet to answer questions on their actions, which is not serving the people but oppressing them, denying them of their rights.

Therefore it is obvious they crumble under cross examination.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't fuck up everyone's case by asking stupid things about the microphone used by the Police. Ask Ms Chee for direction.

You can await for your own turn to get direction from any one of your own choice when you get charged. :biggrin::biggrin: I don't take direction from you!:eek:

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahaa. i know u'll love that siggy uncle yap.

this is part of the sentence Zhuge liang scolds old fcuk wang lang to death

:rolleyes:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahaa. i know u'll love that siggy uncle yap.

this is part of the sentence Zhuge liang scolds old fcuk wang lang to death

:rolleyes:

Oh yes! Thanks I found it online after you said. One copy is here, (make lots of sense with regards to famiLEE LEEgime): :wink::biggrin:

http://xianren9000.bokee.com/6664297.html

熏烟字篓

建议给高文谦同志发奖章- -| 回首页 | 2008年索引 | - -没有敌人的法律是失败的法律
重读诸葛亮骂死王朗的那段话

孔明在车上大笑曰:“吾以为汉朝大老元臣,必有高论,岂期出此鄙言!吾
  有一言,诸军静听:昔日桓、灵之世,汉统陵替,宦官酿祸;国乱岁凶,四方扰
  攘。黄巾之后,董卓、 □、汜等接踵而起,迁劫汉帝,残暴生灵。因庙堂之上,
  朽木为官,殿陛之间,禽兽食禄;狼心狗行之辈,滚滚当道,奴颜婢膝之徒,纷
  纷秉政。以致社稷丘墟,苍生涂炭。吾素知汝所行:世居东海之滨,初举孝廉入
  仕;理合匡君辅国,安汉兴刘;何期反助逆贼,同谋篡位!罪恶深重,天地不容
  !天下之人,愿食汝肉!今幸天意不绝炎汉,昭烈皇帝继统西川。吾今奉嗣君之
  旨,兴师讨贼。汝既为谄谀之臣,只可潜身缩首,苟图衣食;安敢在行伍之前,