• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shitskins are begging to enter singapore.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kangaroo land has shut out alot of foreigners...

'Goodbye Australia': Displaced temporary visa holders shift their immigration dream to Canada
Temp visa holder

Australia's temporary visa holders considering to move to Canada Source: Supplied
Months after being stranded in India by the COVID-19 border closure, temporary visa holder Kavish Chopra and his young family’s Australian dream has now shifted to Canada.
Updated
Updated 24/08/2020
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
Mr Chopra who was deputed to carry out IT work for a firm in Melbourne five years ago is now busy looking for movers to help him wrap his assets in Australia and transfer them to his hometown near India’s capital New Delhi, where he remains stranded since March.
Highlights:
  • Temporary visa holders stuck offshore abandon Australia for Canada
  • 30 per cent of Australia’s 25 million people were born overseas
  • Migration agents claim the shift is driven by Australia's treatment towards its temporary migrants
The 30-year-old work visa holder who came to Australia along with his young family seeking a promising future says the “harsh” border measures prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic have forced him out of his job and displaced him from his home.
“This has cost me my well-paying job as I have been transferred back to India on a significant pay cut, simply because of my inability to return to Australia,” he says.
Kavish Chopra

Kavish Chopra with his family.
Supplied
‘I don’t ever want to return to Australia’
Under the current travel restrictions, it is nearly impossible for anyone who isn’t an Australian citizen or a permanent resident to enter the country. The only recourse available to visa holders is to get a travel ban exemption from the Australian Border Force, which is hard to come by.
“All my attempts to get an exemption have resulted in outright rejections even when my employer stepped in to help us. We have supported Australia’s job sector and have contributed to its economy, but they shut us out the moment a crisis swept the country. I had not expected we would be treated this way,” says Mr Chopra.
The IT engineer who had dreamt of establishing a life in a first-world country is now collecting documents to apply under Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program.
“We have already initiated the process to migrate to Canada, because I don’t ever want to return to Australia even if the borders open this year, given the way the government has treated us and thousands of other temporary migrants who remain stranded offshore,” he adds.
Hardik rao
This Indian family’s Australian dream has shifted to Canada
Immigration is critical to both Australia and Canada:
In recent decades, both Australia and Canada have become increasingly reliant on new permanent residents and temporary migrants including international students and foreign workers to support their job sector, economic growth and population.
While 30 per cent of Australia’s 25 million people were born overseas, more than 22% of Canadians identify themselves as immigrants.
Canberra-based migration lawyer Ben Watt says while migration remains critical to both countries, there is a shift in the narrative among Australia’s skilled workers stuck offshore, many of whom are now shopping around for a first-world country.
“There is definitely a narrative that is happening with this international pool of talent. They are shopping around, and the pandemic has really brought home to people that they really want to live in a country where they are going to have the ability to eventually get residency and the country’s got the ability to police its borders and keep COVID down,” he says.
Mr Watt adds that the narrative in favour of Canada is most likely being fuelled by the Australian government’s policies skewed in favour of its citizens and residents.
“What’s happening is that the government doesn’t want to be seen to be letting in lots of migrants come in at a time when there’s going to be a lot of grudges when they cut off Job Keeper and Jobseeker payments. They want to be able to say that see - we have locked down the border and we are tough on our migration, so Aussies can have those jobs,” he adds.
Temp visa holder

Pradeep Dahiya with his wife.
Supplied
Stuck in north India since March, Pradeep Dahiya who had travelled to Haryana to get married is also considering migrating to Canada along with his newly-married wife.
The 32-year-old who had travelled on a Bridging visa while waiting for his residency says he has lost all hope of returning to Australia.
“My bridging visa has expired, and I haven’t heard from the Australian immigration on my permanent residency application since I lodged it a year ago. The way things are panning out thanks to the pandemic, I don’t think it’s going to be processed anytime in the foreseeable future,” he says.
Tired of waiting, Mr Dahiya has now initiated his application process to move to British Columbia where his cousin lives with his family.
“The Australian dream is more or less over for us. We have initiated the process and have been told that we have high prospects of being invited under Canada’s skilled worker program,” he adds.
Indian students seek economic aid to tide through the times of coronavirus.
Is Australia’s work visa change enough to attract international students amid competition from UK and Canada?
The difference in policies:

Just before the pandemic upended lives in Canada, its government had announced in March that it would be welcoming 341,000 migrants in 2020, as part of its multi-year levels plan to take in one million permanent residents over the next three years.
While in Australia, the permanent intake was scaled down from 190,000 to 160,000 immigrants annually for four years, a cap that was imposed by the Morrison government in 2019.
Drawing attention to these policies, Punjab-based migration agent Navjot Singh said that while the circumstances around pandemic are rapidly evolving, each country’s response towards its migrants both onshore and offshore will weigh in heavily upon their choices once the crisis passes.
“Let me make it very clear that this shift towards Canada isn’t because there aren’t enough opportunities in Australia, but this narrative has been largely fuelled by the government’s policies towards its temporary visa holders who are currently feeling dissuaded with their constant calls to go home, not getting access to the coronavirus supplements and foremostly is being driven by visa holders who have been shut out by the border closures,” said Mr Singh.
"It's also important to note that Australia's travel restrictions are way stricter than Canada's, which is allowing foreign workers to return as long as they have a valid work permit,” he added.
Australia looks to Canada on population and attracting migrants to regional areas.

Australia Vs Canada
SBS Sinhalese
Prabh Randhawa, founder of a migration consultancy who has been in the business for over a decade had a slightly different perspective.
He said in the Indian market, the shift towards a certain country is largely driven by the narrative promoted by migration agents and stakeholders in the industry.
“Here in India, the herd mentality is dominant. While the destined country’s policies do have an impact, the choice is largely shaped by the narrative of the agents. If an agent says Canada is good, people start applying to migrate to Canada and if they say Australia is good, the demand will surge for people looking to move Down Under.
“And this is something that constantly keeps changing and has less to do with the opportunities offered by either Australia or Canada,” he said.
Disclaimer: This content is for general information purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.
People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others. Find out what restrictions are in place for your state or territory.
Testing for coronavirus is now widely available across Australia. If you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, arrange a test by calling your doctor or contact the Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
The federal government's coronavirus tracing app COVIDSafe is available for download from your phone's app store.
SBS is committed to informing Australia’s diverse communities about the latest COVID-19 developments. News and information is available in 63 languages at http://www.sbs.com.au/coronavirus
Listen to SBS Punjabi Monday to Friday at 9 pm. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there flights from ah neh land to singkieland?

India extends ban on international flights: What does this mean for Australian citizens and permanent residents?
India flight ban

The ban on international commercial flights operating to and from India has been extended till midnight September 30 Source: Twitter
The ban on international commercial flights operating to and from India has been extended till midnight September 30, but it will not impact Air India flights under the Vande Bharat Mission and those operating as part of bilateral air bubble agreements with select countries.
Updated
Updated 5 days ago
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
As per the extended travel ban issued by the country’s aviation regulator, the restrictions will not impact international cargo operations and flights have been specifically approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
The restrictions will also not apply to scheduled international flights on selected routes that have been approved by the competent authority on a case by case basis.
Highlights:
  • India extends ban on international flights till September 30, 2020
  • Ban will not apply to Air India flights operating as part of the Vande Bharat Mission
  • Australia is not planning to establish an air bubble with India

Where does this leave Australia?
Since July, India’s civil aviation ministry has entered into ‘air bubble’ agreements with several countries, including the US, UK, France, Germany, UAE, Qatar and Maldives allowing aircraft to fly between India and these countries in a regulated environment.
The Indian government has also claimed it is negotiating similar arrangements with 13 more countries, including Australia, a development that has not yet been confirmed by the authorities here in Australia.
Responding to SBS Punjabi’s query, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade had earlier said that their “first priority” is to establish a safe travel zone with New Zealand.
“The Government is currently considering how and when to reopen our borders. Our first priority is to establish a safe travel zone with New Zealand, which will commence when it is safe to do so - our primary concern is the health and safety of Australians,” DFAT said in its statement.
Australians travelling home

Rohit Keswani
Supplied
According to the recent numbers revealed by DFAT, nearly 18,800 Australians remain stranded overseas of which at least 7,500 are trapped in India.
Most of them are now angry and frustrated, as they claim their chance to return has been further reduced by the national cabinet's recent decision to retain caps on international arrivals until late October, leaving them to the mercy of limited flights being operated by Air India.
One of them is Rohit Keswani who remains stranded in the west Indian state of Gujarat, and has been striving to return to his life in Canberra since March but with no luck.
The 38-year-old said he is “appalled” by the federal government’s decision to keep the limit on arrivals and their “cold” treatment towards their own citizens.
“The World Health Organisation has clearly stated Covid-19 is here to stay so how much longer are you going prevent us from returning home in the absence of a vaccine? By making us stay away from our lives and homes, you are simply pushing us further into financial and emotional stress,” he said.
Mr Keswani added that their already tough situation has been made worse by Air India's booking process and alleged that the Indian national carrier's booking offices were taking advantage of their desperate situation.
“Tickets fly out even before they are officially opened to the public for sale. This means someone is surely leaking confidential information to travel agents who purchase all the tickets and later on sell them at double the price,” he added.
It is imperative to point out that with the recent surge in the number of travel exemption approvals, now even a larger cohort of travellers from India are awaiting their turn to return to Australia.
Air India
‘Sold-out’: Tickets for India-Australia repatriation flights snapped in minutes leaving hundreds in despair
'We will continue to work our way through travel restrictions'
Addressing similar concerns during a virtual seminar on international education, Australian High Commissioner to India, Barry O’Farrell last week said they were continually working with the Indian government to iron out issues arising due to coronavirus-induced travel restrictions.
“We are frustrated by the travel restrictions that are limiting movement from India to Australia. We work with the Indian government to cooperate on that issue, we work with Air India, but we have limitations that are imposed by domestic and international regulations and we will continue to work our way through that,” he said.

SBS Punjabi has reached out to Air India for comment on multiple occasions, but so far hasn’t received any response.
Senator Nick McKim
‘Australia needs a plan to bring home its temporary visa holders stuck offshore’: Senator Nick McKim
'Unaware' of rescue plans to bring Australians home:
Responding to media reports about a reported rescue mission being planned to fly back Australians stranded overseas, Prime Minister Scott Morrison last week clarified that he was unaware of any such plans.
"No. I'm unaware of the source of those reports, “Mr Morrison told the Today show.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison

Prime Minister Scott Morrison
AAP
Reiterating that the government is allowing 4,000 people to return home every week, the prime minister added that they would continue to provide additional support to people in need.
“There are around 4,000 people coming back every week, and there have been around 100,000 people who have gone through the quarantine processes and half of that has actually been in NSW. So we have to get the balance right here.
“We're giving additional support wherever we can to people who need it around the world, and there are many cases where there are - you know, there is an urgent need for people to get home and we'll continue to seek to support them in the ways that we can," he added.
People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others. Check your state’s restrictions on gathering limits.
If you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, stay home and arrange a test by calling your doctor or contact the Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
News and information is available in 63 languages at sbs.com.au/coronavirus
Listen to SBS Punjabi Monday to Friday at 9 pm. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Australian border closure

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kangaroo land has shut out alot of foreigners...

'Goodbye Australia': Displaced temporary visa holders shift their immigration dream to Canada
Temp visa holder

Australia's temporary visa holders considering to move to Canada Source: Supplied
Months after being stranded in India by the COVID-19 border closure, temporary visa holder Kavish Chopra and his young family’s Australian dream has now shifted to Canada.
Updated
Updated 24/08/2020
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
Mr Chopra who was deputed to carry out IT work for a firm in Melbourne five years ago is now busy looking for movers to help him wrap his assets in Australia and transfer them to his hometown near India’s capital New Delhi, where he remains stranded since March.
Highlights:
  • Temporary visa holders stuck offshore abandon Australia for Canada
  • 30 per cent of Australia’s 25 million people were born overseas
  • Migration agents claim the shift is driven by Australia's treatment towards its temporary migrants
The 30-year-old work visa holder who came to Australia along with his young family seeking a promising future says the “harsh” border measures prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic have forced him out of his job and displaced him from his home.
“This has cost me my well-paying job as I have been transferred back to India on a significant pay cut, simply because of my inability to return to Australia,” he says.
Kavish Chopra

Kavish Chopra with his family.
Supplied
‘I don’t ever want to return to Australia’
Under the current travel restrictions, it is nearly impossible for anyone who isn’t an Australian citizen or a permanent resident to enter the country. The only recourse available to visa holders is to get a travel ban exemption from the Australian Border Force, which is hard to come by.
“All my attempts to get an exemption have resulted in outright rejections even when my employer stepped in to help us. We have supported Australia’s job sector and have contributed to its economy, but they shut us out the moment a crisis swept the country. I had not expected we would be treated this way,” says Mr Chopra.
The IT engineer who had dreamt of establishing a life in a first-world country is now collecting documents to apply under Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program.
“We have already initiated the process to migrate to Canada, because I don’t ever want to return to Australia even if the borders open this year, given the way the government has treated us and thousands of other temporary migrants who remain stranded offshore,” he adds.
Hardik rao
This Indian family’s Australian dream has shifted to Canada
Immigration is critical to both Australia and Canada:
In recent decades, both Australia and Canada have become increasingly reliant on new permanent residents and temporary migrants including international students and foreign workers to support their job sector, economic growth and population.
While 30 per cent of Australia’s 25 million people were born overseas, more than 22% of Canadians identify themselves as immigrants.
Canberra-based migration lawyer Ben Watt says while migration remains critical to both countries, there is a shift in the narrative among Australia’s skilled workers stuck offshore, many of whom are now shopping around for a first-world country.
“There is definitely a narrative that is happening with this international pool of talent. They are shopping around, and the pandemic has really brought home to people that they really want to live in a country where they are going to have the ability to eventually get residency and the country’s got the ability to police its borders and keep COVID down,” he says.
Mr Watt adds that the narrative in favour of Canada is most likely being fuelled by the Australian government’s policies skewed in favour of its citizens and residents.
“What’s happening is that the government doesn’t want to be seen to be letting in lots of migrants come in at a time when there’s going to be a lot of grudges when they cut off Job Keeper and Jobseeker payments. They want to be able to say that see - we have locked down the border and we are tough on our migration, so Aussies can have those jobs,” he adds.
Temp visa holder

Pradeep Dahiya with his wife.
Supplied
Stuck in north India since March, Pradeep Dahiya who had travelled to Haryana to get married is also considering migrating to Canada along with his newly-married wife.
The 32-year-old who had travelled on a Bridging visa while waiting for his residency says he has lost all hope of returning to Australia.
“My bridging visa has expired, and I haven’t heard from the Australian immigration on my permanent residency application since I lodged it a year ago. The way things are panning out thanks to the pandemic, I don’t think it’s going to be processed anytime in the foreseeable future,” he says.
Tired of waiting, Mr Dahiya has now initiated his application process to move to British Columbia where his cousin lives with his family.
“The Australian dream is more or less over for us. We have initiated the process and have been told that we have high prospects of being invited under Canada’s skilled worker program,” he adds.
Indian students seek economic aid to tide through the times of coronavirus.
Is Australia’s work visa change enough to attract international students amid competition from UK and Canada?
The difference in policies:

Just before the pandemic upended lives in Canada, its government had announced in March that it would be welcoming 341,000 migrants in 2020, as part of its multi-year levels plan to take in one million permanent residents over the next three years.
While in Australia, the permanent intake was scaled down from 190,000 to 160,000 immigrants annually for four years, a cap that was imposed by the Morrison government in 2019.
Drawing attention to these policies, Punjab-based migration agent Navjot Singh said that while the circumstances around pandemic are rapidly evolving, each country’s response towards its migrants both onshore and offshore will weigh in heavily upon their choices once the crisis passes.
“Let me make it very clear that this shift towards Canada isn’t because there aren’t enough opportunities in Australia, but this narrative has been largely fuelled by the government’s policies towards its temporary visa holders who are currently feeling dissuaded with their constant calls to go home, not getting access to the coronavirus supplements and foremostly is being driven by visa holders who have been shut out by the border closures,” said Mr Singh.
"It's also important to note that Australia's travel restrictions are way stricter than Canada's, which is allowing foreign workers to return as long as they have a valid work permit,” he added.
Australia looks to Canada on population and attracting migrants to regional areas.

Australia Vs Canada
SBS Sinhalese
Prabh Randhawa, founder of a migration consultancy who has been in the business for over a decade had a slightly different perspective.
He said in the Indian market, the shift towards a certain country is largely driven by the narrative promoted by migration agents and stakeholders in the industry.
“Here in India, the herd mentality is dominant. While the destined country’s policies do have an impact, the choice is largely shaped by the narrative of the agents. If an agent says Canada is good, people start applying to migrate to Canada and if they say Australia is good, the demand will surge for people looking to move Down Under.
“And this is something that constantly keeps changing and has less to do with the opportunities offered by either Australia or Canada,” he said.
Disclaimer: This content is for general information purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.
People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others. Find out what restrictions are in place for your state or territory.
Testing for coronavirus is now widely available across Australia. If you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, arrange a test by calling your doctor or contact the Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
The federal government's coronavirus tracing app COVIDSafe is available for download from your phone's app store.
SBS is committed to informing Australia’s diverse communities about the latest COVID-19 developments. News and information is available in 63 languages at http://www.sbs.com.au/coronavirus
Fucking filthy Indians should just stay in their Shithole.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPM Heng Said Agreements Like CECA Haven’t Taken Away Jobs For S’poreans

If you’ve been paying attention to the debates during GE2020, one point of contention that the opposition parties hammered on is jobs for Singaporeans.

Bilateral agreements like the India-Singapore Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) was brought up and accused of giving away jobs to foreigners.

Accusations that DPM Heng says is not true.

The free trade agreements or comprehensive economic cooperation agreements that Singapore has signed doesn’t give jobs away to foreigners.

What it does, instead, is to create better jobs for Singaporeans.

He explained that the agreements are a way to draw foreign investments into Singapore.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should just stay put in India where they belong. The Aussies, KIWIs or Canadian public don't welcome them @all.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPM Heng Said Agreements Like CECA Haven’t Taken Away Jobs For S’poreans

If you’ve been paying attention to the debates during GE2020, one point of contention that the opposition parties hammered on is jobs for Singaporeans.

Bilateral agreements like the India-Singapore Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) was brought up and accused of giving away jobs to foreigners.

Accusations that DPM Heng says is not true.

The free trade agreements or comprehensive economic cooperation agreements that Singapore has signed doesn’t give jobs away to foreigners.

What it does, instead, is to create better jobs for Singaporeans.

He explained that the agreements are a way to draw foreign investments into Singapore.

Liar

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When from top down postings were fill up up by all Indians don't they smell rats. Fakes covered fakes.

When from top down PAP are filled up with Yes man SAF generals don't we smell fishy.

Years of top military training these BG are blind to see rats are stealing jobs to give to rats....

A groomed goon Son of LKY for PM leadership is unfit to lead Singapore today.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
India should start producing and exporting opium to China like in the good old days.
This is to balance filthy Chinese exporting their virus to vegetarian india.