• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg Yishun] - Woman and son locked out of Yishun flat by landlord, forced to spend night in HDB stairwell

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1649430908229.png

A woman and her son allegedly spent the night in a stairwell on Wednesday (April 6) after they were locked out of the house by their landlord.

They had just moved in on March 20.

Yu, a 51-year-old Chinese national who is taking care of her 14-year-old son as he studies in Singapore, recently signed a one-year lease for a four-room flat along Yishun Avenue 5.

But on Wednesday morning, she noticed that the water and electricity had been cut off. There was also a handwritten note from her landlord telling her to "move out by April 7", she told Shin Min Daily News.

That afternoon, Yu returned to the flat and found an additional lock on the gate. Despite calling the police for help, her landlord refused to let her into the house.

"After I went to the police station to give my statement, I had nowhere to go. I spent the night sitting in the stairwell with my son," Yu said.

Although the woman rented the entire flat for $2,600 a month, she said her landlord invited other potential tenants to view the house shortly after she moved in.

Her landlord also did not tidy up the living room and kitchen so she could use the areas, but instead told her that she had too many belongings, Yu said.

"I only have six suitcases and a few cardboard boxes containing daily necessities, all of them are placed in the bedroom".

Landlord sends lawyer's letter​

In a lawyer's letter dated March 31, the landlord asked Yu to move out of the flat within the next seven days for "violating the tenant's code of conduct and obligations".

The letter also said that both parties agreed that the lease would be terminated on March 25.

The landlord also said in the letter that the tenant withdrew her application for the utility bill account. In addition, they claimed that Yu threatened to chase them out of the house, moved their personal belongings without permission and also behaved badly.

However, Yu denied such claims.

The police told Shin Min they received a call for assistance on Wednesday afternoon. Police officers visited the unit and advised both parties. No further assistance was required, they added.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/w...un-flat-landlord-forced-spend-night-stairwell

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...d-forced-to-spend-night-in-stairwell.6729094/

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"After I went to the police station to give my statement, I had nowhere to go. I spent the night sitting in the stairwell with my son," Yu said.

Might be a better idea to go to the void deck. If there's a funeral wake they can 'crash the party' and have some food and drinks.

For the newer flats, they might have a bridge or roof/skygarden, can stay there for a while.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why was the landlord still in the house and had to be “chased out” when tenant rented the “entire” flat?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 141458

A woman and her son allegedly spent the night in a stairwell on Wednesday (April 6) after they were locked out of the house by their landlord.

Yu, a 51-year-old Chinese national who is taking care of her 14-year-old son as he studies in Singapore, recently signed a one-year lease for a four-room flat along Yishun Avenue 5.

But on Wednesday morning, she noticed that the water and electricity had been cut off. There was also a handwritten note from her landlord telling her to "move out by April 7", she told Shin Min Daily News.

That afternoon, Yu returned to the flat and found an additional lock on the gate. Despite calling the police for help, her landlord refused to let her into the house.

Although the woman rented the entire flat for $2,600 a month, she said her landlord invited other potential tenants to view the house shortly after she moved in.

Her landlord also did not tidy up the living room and kitchen so she could use the areas, but instead told her that she had too many belongings, Yu said.

"I only have six suitcases and a few cardboard boxes containing daily necessities, all of them are placed in the bedroom".

In a lawyer's letter dated March 31, the landlord asked Yu to move out of the flat within the next seven days for "violating the tenant's code of conduct and obligations".

The letter also said that both parties agreed that the lease would be terminated on March 25.

The landlord also said in the letter that the tenant withdrew her application for the utility bill account. In addition, they claimed that Yu threatened to chase them out of the house, moved their personal belongings without permission and also behaved badly.

The police told Shin Min they received a call for assistance on Wednesday afternoon. Police officers visited the unit and advised both parties. No further assistance was required, they added.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/w...un-flat-landlord-forced-spend-night-stairwell

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...d-forced-to-spend-night-in-stairwell.6729094/
lianbeng says they can go back to China liao. Now can fly out liao mah.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

1 pdmm + 1 child need to rent a 4 room flat ..hmm..my uncle think the violating coc should be either she sub rent to other tenants or she use the extra room for specials.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
View attachment 141458

Tenants from hell learn a lesson to not be assholes.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some sinki landlords are chao Kuan xia suay types. Like the auntie who refused same lift with a grab deliverer types.

Occasionally, there are some obnoxious tenants when such treatment is necessary.

Usually, it's just behaviour carried over from how one treats people who are 'lower' than them, who earn lesser than them etc.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is ridiculous that subsidized public housing bought from gahmen can be sub-let out to the public and non citizens at commercial rates.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is ridiculous that subsidized public housing bought from gahmen can be sub-let out to the public and non citizens at commercial rates.
a lot of this is happening. at one time while visiting a friend at hdb flat could see a dozen ah nehs squeezed into a 4-room flat. 1 peidumama and son or daughter not so bad, as occasionally can visit pdmm for cim and bdsm.

a_korusawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
what are you thinking?

this is exactly what our gahmen is doing to country ppl for all the past nation years!

dats why the country ppl follows, followed by ah tiong when they bought local flats and shops here at commercial prices!

when lky took over as pm, he tasked gohks to head HDB, then blueprint for sillypore was 25% residential, 15% recreational, rest 60% goes into gahmen development.

now, the value of this 25% has gone up beyond 500 times the price of then! tell me was this commercial driven or not?

also dun forget, all HDB flats are built on land and resources bided, purchased at least 50years ago

ie. the sand, concrete, cements reinforcement bars, steels and so on are dealt at prices > 50years ago!

how much does all these cost 50 years ago? but we are all buying the built flats at todays' price!

what "subsidized" you are talking about? this is just a hyped word! whenever our gahmen use the word "subsidize" . . . .

they oledi forecasted their positive returns for the particular objective be 3 or 5 times more the returns!

for example of baby bonus where gahmen not just subsidized but also sponsors 10s of thousands

but the price of infants nursery has gone up > 10 times compared with 10 years ago!

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
a lot of this is happening. at one time while visiting a friend at hdb flat could see a dozen ah nehs squeezed into a 4-room flat. 1 peidumama and son or daughter not so bad, as occasionally can visit pdmm for cim and bdsm.

If that HDB "owner" can let out his flat and not stay there...then he should not be given the privilege of "owning" that HDB flat.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
what are you thinking?

this is exactly what our gahmen is doing to country ppl for all the past nation years!

dats why the country ppl follows, followed by ah tiong when they bought local flats and shops here at commercial prices!

when lky took over as pm, he tasked gohks to head HDB, then blueprint for sillypore was 25% residential, 15% recreational, rest 60% goes into gahmen development.

now, the value of this 25% has gone up beyond 500 times the price of then! tell me was this commercial driven or not?

also dun forget, all HDB flats are built on land and resources bided, purchased at least 50years ago

ie. the sand, concrete, cements reinforcement bars, steels and so on are dealt at prices > 50years ago!

how much does all these cost 50 years ago? but we are all buying the built flats at todays' price!

what "subsidized" you are talking about? this is just a hyped word! whenever our gahmen use the word "subsidize" . . . .

they oledi forecasted their positive returns for the particular objective be 3 or 5 times more the returns!

for example of baby bonus where gahmen not just subsidized but also sponsors 10s of thousands

but the price of infants nursery has gone up > 10 times compared with 10 years ago!

The other misnomer...you donch actually "own" the flat. You are just a long term lessee.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s ridiculous that u think paying $500k and more for a house that u own for 99 years = housing subsidized by the govt. U ought to travel more often and see what it’s like in other countries.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 141458

This is what happens when grateful becomes greed. The society doesn't encase satisfaction. There is always more.

Looks like the landlord recently chance upon someone who has better paying tenant