• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg video] - Why I Gave Up a $70k a month Banking Job to Sell Bak Chor Mee

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn if 70k per.mth nobody would be hawker ,u ate right should be 70k per year,knn if normal hunan 70k per mth nobody would resign unless tekan or ask to resign,funny all work in bank say banker,unless unown a bank u class yrself as banker

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is $70k per month and u quit such a job, u need to call IMH pronto!

Basically he was in a deadbeat ‘banker’ job which means he’s no more than a glorified insurance / investment sales guy. He must have realized that his career path is fucked up and hard to pivot to something else beside banking sales.

1697467923423.jpeg

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
70k a year after 5 years inside a banking industry's is a total disaster.

He better quit his job and become a hawker .

creampie

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is probably a pap supporter. see lah vote pap let all the aneh in then u cannot advance within the bank cos they promote their own village people only. deserve it.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think having a degree will have any advantage over a hawker business.
People may think having a degree means that person is smarter and can do something to expedite the business but that kind of skills is not related to being more educated.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
People may think having a degree means that person is smarter and can do something to expedite the business but that kind of skills is not related to being more educated.
If a prawn can be cut cleanly into 3 pieces u can sell three bowls of prawn mee. People don't look at what they eat any way. :sneaky:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never trust these hawkers who give these stupid interviews.

Better to shut the fuck up, cook and sell your food. If it's good, the customers will come.

You are a hawker, not an 'influencer'.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Entrepreneurship is strong in Sinkapore. The PAP is doing a great job making sinkees more enterprising. We need more sinkees like those recently busted money launderers.

SinkieExile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ignoring all the puff talk about him giving up a well paying banking job to be a hawker, isn't this a good thing that we have a new generation of young Sinkies who are willing to go into hawker trade and carry on traditional hawker food in SG? Or we rather in future everything also either cooked by robots or foreigners who know nothing of what they are cooking apart from just following recipes?

Laguna123

Alfrescian
Loyal
What skill do you need to have a successful hawker career?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
What skill do you need to have a successful hawker career?
Putting the food taste aside while this being the main success factor, I think is not needing skills but personality to be able to adapt and adjust to changes.
And allocating resources in the correct way is very important. This is also not a skill I think lah. Another most important is must know how to count p&l from the rental cost before diving into it. Is this a skill ? I also don't think so.
All these factors has nothing to do with education level.
Hence skill required is only on the food preparation and cooking.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is probably a pap supporter. see lah vote pap let all the aneh in then u cannot advance within the bank cos they promote their own village people only. deserve it.
I keep seeing this in my company. When one of them is promoted to a management position, he will recruit and promote his own kind.

Gluttony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gold medalist = Big Fuck?

Top student in Uni = Big Fuck?

I'm worried for this "kind" of mother, very very old school way of thinking. No wonder still a hawker.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he makes $79k/month, then he would hire people to make bak chor mee for him and he sit at home relax….

jw5

Loyal
I bet you if he was ear-marked to be the CEO, he would not be selling bak chor mee. :o-o::confused::laugh: