• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG retails catching mosqitos

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unions in SGP is virtually non existent!! Even though the management is getting 25K per month!!!

Used to see strikes of angmos countries when I was young....I kena conned by PAP into believing those unions were troublemakers....

Later I realized that why angmos are getting good pay now explains the reasons what they have done previously to secure decent wages and worker's rights is effective after all..

When you play god and screw up the system, the system will come back to bite you! :biggrin:

actually the american detroit union secure decent wages for their workers until they no longer compete against japanese non unionise workers. over time, the amercian car makers are slowly kill while the japanese car makers benefit. union kill their own car industries.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually the american detroit union secure decent wages for their workers until they no longer compete against japanese non unionise workers. over time, the amercian car makers are slowly kill while the japanese car makers benefit. union kill their own car industries.

bolah! it's those oil guzzlers that caused the downfall of their auto industries lah...:biggrin:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay attention to deserted stores and unoccupied shops.

I found that most Guardians & Watsons are very deserted these day even in X'mas seasons. Department store are going to become ghost towns after X'mas, CNY won't be good market either.

The main problem with retails in Singapore is that there are too many shops and venues, but most consumers do not have the spending power even when they do wnat to pay anything.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriously, where got so many things to buy?

Seriously, where got so much time to use and enjoy those things ?

Seriously, do I really need the things I want to buy?

These are the questions we must ask ourselves including the most important one:

Seriously, can I afford to own it?

The main problem with retails in Singapore is that there are too many shops and venues, but most consumers do not have the spending power even when they do wnat to pay anything.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Seriously, where got so many things to buy?

Seriously, where got so much time to use and enjoy those things ?

Seriously, do I really need the things I want to buy?

These are the questions we must ask ourselves including the most important one:

Seriously, can I afford to own it?

I'm doing spring cleaning & astonished how much stuff I've accumulated, must also ask another "serious qst" :

Seriously do you have the space :smile: