• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG retails catching mosqitos

whorejinx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay attention to deserted stores and unoccupied shops.

I found that most Guardians & Watsons are very deserted these day even in X'mas seasons. Department store are going to become ghost towns after X'mas, CNY won't be good market either.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I found that most Guardians & Watsons are very deserted these day even in X'mas seasons. Department store are going to become ghost towns after X'mas, CNY won't be good market either.

There too many Guardians, Watsons around, sooner or later, the CRUNCH will come...

Add to the proliferation of 7-11's...

All the new major shopping malls, have almost the usual 'suspect'...Giodarno, Hang Ten, Cotton... the list goes on...

In the past, we can surely say that the shopping centres have a style of their own..

1. Peninisula Shopping
2. Katong Shopping
3. Lucky Plaza
4. Far East Shopping
5. The various Metro Stores around Orchard Rd
6. Queensway Shoppinh
7. People's Park Complex
8. City Plaza
9. Golden Mile Shopping
10.....Centre Point...we get the centre point kids
11 Shaw Centre
12 Jade at Beach Rd

anymore.... I missed

Nowadays the 313, Orchard Central, ION etc..... have no character...you go in one...no need to see the others...most of the retailers are duplicated ...

boring....:p

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
somehting i noticed this morning when i was going around in my neighbourhood shopping ctr,saw 3 times, at different areas that aunties were flipping classifieds looking for jobs. Wonder if this is this a good sign???

juz like foodcourts ... :(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mustaffa :smile:

Can get everything you need from Mustaffa. It has an amazing selection of personal care products. Much better than Watsons :rolleyes:

Mustaffa..was just served with a few fire safety violations by SCDF recently, shop there at your own peril...though they have a lot of stuffs....:p

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about car showrooms? Still packed with optimism or not?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mustaffa :smile:

Can get everything you need from Mustaffa. It has an amazing selection of personal care products. Much better than Watsons :rolleyes:

Dunno about personal care products but last time bought Hugo boss perfume from them got ah neh smell one!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mustaffa..was just served with a few fire safety violations by SCDF recently, shop there at your own peril...though they have a lot of stuffs....:p

Business must be very good if they can afford to pay all those SCDF summons :smile:

Got 2 branches the old & new wing.
The violations must be for the more popular old store, quite cramped with products

I prefer going to the new branch because its realtively new, more orderly & not cramped. Although the 2 branches sell the same things, its funny how more people prefer going to the old branch :eek: Herd mentality? Kampong atmosphere?

I only go during the weekdays when there's less crowding. Anyway its open 24HRS & even got free parking around that area in the evening, so it's still "cheap & good" :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dunno about personal care products but last time bought Hugo boss perfume from them got ah neh smell one!

They obviously carry many indian products which have a strong scent :smile:

The supermarket is interesting with alot of ethnic foods.

If you are bothered by the crowds stick to the new store.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The ah neh must have rubbed it on himself, herself or itself on the bottle, and then put it back on the shelf...

so check before you buy...go buy from Metro, Robinson...buy cheap, what do you expect?? :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't wait for another market crash.

its a 48 crash,,,lightling flash!..ha ha ha Suzi Quattro..

you will make that Limp Sia Suay with the bad hair day, photoshop can't rescue look guy, CRY!

he sang the "UPTURN the DOWNTURN" song that hit the top 100 in the chart, predict a percentage dropped in unemployment in 2010, 29,000 were unemployed 9 years ago, 20,000 is now unemployed..what an achievement..

and you want to spoil his party, rain on his parade, market crash!, you habringer of bad tidings... ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="456" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0QRzm1gOOek&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0QRzm1gOOek&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="456" height="344"></embed></object>

Tomorrow will be worst .

With the explosive population and bleak returns and job opportunities .
Poor farks working for slave's salaries , idiotic locals losing their already poor standings to foreign slaves

People will spend much less than before .

People also sick of Stupid Singaporeans therefore will not help

to support those retard industries .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tomorrow will be worst ..

In the past Sporeans were young & able to help themselves. The gov't could just sit back & help themselves to the fruits of Sporeans labours & claim all the credit.

Now its different, there are many, many uncles & aunties that no one wants to employ. Their so called nest egg has been depleted by the PAPs various schemes. PAP has driven the costs to sky high levels. There is also the new generation of PAP scholars who see the office as a way to quick $$$.

Congrats to LKY for a job well done :rolleyes:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now owned and managed by REITs, the new generation of shopping malls looks like generic clones of one another with the same retail tenants and F&B mix.

Unlike the good old days, each mall has its niche and specialities.

Can find nothing special when you hop from one mall to another in Orchard.

There too many Guardians, Watsons around, sooner or later, the CRUNCH will come...

Add to the proliferation of 7-11's...

All the new major shopping malls, have almost the usual 'suspect'...Giodarno, Hang Ten, Cotton... the list goes on...

In the past, we can surely say that the shopping centres have a style of their own..

1. Peninisula Shopping
2. Katong Shopping
3. Lucky Plaza
4. Far East Shopping
5. The various Metro Stores around Orchard Rd
6. Queensway Shoppinh
7. People's Park Complex
8. City Plaza
9. Golden Mile Shopping
10.....Centre Point...we get the centre point kids
11 Shaw Centre
12 Jade at Beach Rd

anymore.... I missed

Nowadays the 313, Orchard Central, ION etc..... have no character...you go in one...no need to see the others...most of the retailers are duplicated ...

boring....:p

Last edited:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's astonishing to hear 2 seventy yo ladies talking loudly on the bus " 2morow got job to work?" I notice all the commuters on the bus stunt! Sinkaporean at the age of 70 is worry of jobless oh PAP please help them.

somehting i noticed this morning when i was going around in my neighbourhood shopping ctr,saw 3 times, at different areas that aunties were flipping classifieds looking for jobs. Wonder if this is this a good sign???

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It's astonishing to hear 2 seventy yo ladies talking loudly on the bus " 2morow got job to work?" I notice all the commuters on the bus stunt! Sinkaporean at the age of 70 is worry of jobless oh PAP please help them.

You have short memory. The first draft of the annuity scheme, didn't it state the first payout is from age 85?! Obviously these ladies did not update themselves.:mad:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unions in SGP is virtually non existent!! Even though the management is getting 25K per month!!!

Used to see strikes of angmos countries when I was young....I kena conned by PAP into believing those unions were troublemakers....

Later I realized that why angmos are getting good pay now explains the reasons what they have done previously to secure decent wages and worker's rights is effective after all..

When you play god and screw up the system, the system will come back to bite you! :biggrin:

Last edited: