• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sg Poodles Tell Victim "U Die Is Ur Own Biz"!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Home > ST Forum > Story
</TR>
<!-- headline one : start --><TR>No point reporting attack on train, victim told
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WAS attacked on a train last Friday by a commuter who failed to obtain a seat from me. My assailant pushed me to the ground and pummelled me repeatedly.
When I reported the matter at the control booth in the Bugis station, I was advised to seek treatment and lodge a police report.
But I did not file a police report after I was told by the officer at the Bedok North station that a report would not help catch my assailant as the police and the train officials could not identify him. This advice was given despite the fact that I had told the woman police officer that I could identify the man easily and that there were many witnesses to the attack.
The police officer's reply was that the above was of no help as his actual identity was still unknown.
The officer added that I should have used the emergency button to stop the train to allow the train staff to detain the assailant.
I find the explanation I was given puzzling. It is absurd that the authorities are unable to investigate an assault in public on a train, and offer little but sympathy over the incident, even if the injuries I suffered were not severe.
Poh Yi Hao

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>No action on phone threat
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->
'No one from the police has called. If the caller's intention was real, wouldn't we be harmed by now? How do the police decide which cases to investigate first?'
MADAM TAN LIAN GIM: 'My husband received a verbal threat via his mobile phone last Wednesday. The caller, who knew my husband's name, threatened to inflict bodily harm on him and his family. My husband made a police report the same day at the Bedok North station. No one from the police post has called us since. If the caller's intention was real, wouldn't we be dead or harmed by now? I have read reports about how the police acted swiftly when similar threats were made against a grassroots leader. How do the police decide which cases to investigate first in apparently similar reports?'

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>wait, who says no action taken?

March 11, 2009
Man denies threatening MP
By Elena Chong
A RAG-AND-BONE man went on trial on Wednesday for threatening to cause hurt to MP for Jalan Besar GRC Denise Phua.
Ng Kim Ngweng, 49, denied committing criminal intimidation in a telephone message to a Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports officer on Jan 12.

He had allegedly stated in Mandarin: 'I cannot take this anymore and I don't know what I'll do one day, I can't be sure on that... How can you don't hit her? I get angry when I see her so how can I don't hit her?''

Ng, who has been in custody since early last month as he could not raise $50,000 bail, had rung up the Prime Minister's Office shortly after he called the Reach hotline from his Crawford Lane flat that day.

Ms Lelah Pakrisamy, 58, a SingTel customer service officer who answered the call, testified that he was shouting and was very aggressive on the phone.

She said Ng did not give her a chance to talk. He also refused to say who the woman MP he was unhappy with despite her asking.

She said she was very frightened by what he said and how he said it.

Asked by his lawyer, Ms Christina Goh, what was it he said that made her frightened, Ms Lelah replied: 'The way he was shouting and yelling. I was so frightened that I would be the target of his anger.''

The case continues.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: bumibumi at Wed Mar 11 16:24:50 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=AlternatePost style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>"they only wait till the crimes are committed, then take actions"........not if you are a PAP MP.... they will arrest the harasser/s and made sure that he/they was/were sent to the Institute of Mental Health...again and again.......before putting him/them on trail to defend himself/themselves.......THIS REALLY IS HAPPENING IN SINGAPORE.....I wonder where are the human rights advocators.....
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: dragonovic93 at Wed Mar 11 14:09:26 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>I agree with the author. I also reported to police last year about a stalker who kept sending me smses and calls but the police did nothing and didn't follow up after I filed the online report and called them a couple of times. I realise after discussing with other friends that our police force is very reactive, that is they only wait till the crimes are committed, then take actions.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: APKMS at Wed Mar 11 13:54:45 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=AlternatePost style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>OR...

u sure it happen? it just those lower mortal illusion.... ; )
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: layperson at Wed Mar 11 13:37:40 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Tell me what is the difference between the writer and the PAP MP when both made report about someone threatening to take their lives??????

Becos PAP MPs are 'elite' beings and cannot afford to let them DIE otherwise whole country will collapse. As for the writer, he is just another one of the 'little' people in Singapore.

Try calling the Police about illegal parking happening in a HDB estate and another in a private areas with semi-Ds and terraces houses and see what is the OUTCOME, especially if a MIW happened to live in that area.

I have resigned to the fate that 'little' people loke me will be of NO INTEREST to the police except the taxes that I paid and I have TOTALLY NO RESPECT for these a*******
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: dragonovic93 at Wed Mar 11 13:34:26 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
cannot lah, if accept the report, becomes statistic, statistic will then show crime higher, then they don't meet kpi, no promotion

alamak, life is like that one, all show show, no substance, not only policem everywhere like that, society damn cock up

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another example of our excellent kangaroos in action.

Singtel would have recorded the conversation. Frankly by not trotting out the tapes shows the lack of culpability.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats why sometimes when walking along the streets I see those dogs in blue I would shout Jiat Liao Bees and they will look at me with those lanjiao face but lan lan walk away the most they take down my ic #.

jw5

Loyal
If he wants to write in to the forum page, he needs to explain why the guy who hit him "failed to obtain a seat from him".