• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Hawker upset that no one is buying his laksa and has to close down his stall

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1656943156016.png

In April this year, hawker Thian Le Yong went viral. His stall 543 Laksa, a curiously gritty joint in Bukit Panjang, is where he cooks a very limited batch of about 75 bowls of laksa a day, which usually sells out in under three hours.

After being featured by media outlets like 8days.sg, long queues started forming at Le Yong’s stall, which is located in a quiet coffeeshop within Senja-Cashew Community Club. “I teared a bit — I was happy and touched,” the 29-year-old tells us of his overnight business boom, which also saw Minister of Foreign Affairs Vivian Balakrishnan dropping by for laksa.

But when the June holidays rolled around and borders started opening for travellers, Le Yong saw his number of customers plunge steeply by as much as 50 per cent. It also didn’t help that more people had stopped working from home after Covid-19 restrictions eased, which affected the footfall for heartland eateries like Le Yong’s (who only operated his stall in the morning). "And some people were only intrigued by my laksa at the start," he observes.

Closed his stall to avoid losses

Despite being in business for just four months, Le Yong forfeited his deposit to shut down his stall early. He had started reducing his food quantity when his customers dwindled, but still struggled with wastage. “I ended up cooking and not selling — it's very frustrating when people are not coming [to my stall],” he shares.

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/hawkerfood/543-laksa-bukit-panjang-closed-657056

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...l-after-business-abruptly-fell-by-50.6774491/

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the story...

Never pose with political ministars to improve your business.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Using the 'going viral' trick and associating yourself with shitty people isn't a good way to run a F&B business.

But I'm sure that's a point that's lost on those SPH propagandists. Did they contact him or did he squeal to them first? :rolleyes: