• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Ex-GM feels sad struggling to survive with his halal prawn noodle stall

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malays prefer Cantonese yee mee, or mee hailam. ( i think this one is halal version of hokkien mee).
But not this pathetic noodle.
But you must add a less sweet version of mee rebus. With beef. muar style. Or big prawn penang style for those malays they come in groups.
Plus chinese and kampung fried rice if possible.

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If m&ds have not tasted the "real" prawn noodle made with pork...then how the fuck would they have any basis of comparsion ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He thought all malays would love his food. He doesn't understand why nobody's buying.

View attachment 159500

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/ha...-he-had-stop-sons-psle-tuition-classes-683066

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...lasses-wife-needs-to-go-back-to-work.6806274/

I understand why he folded. He made the fatal mistake of going halal.

On paper, going halal looks like it would have a larger customer base. In reality, many F&B businesses, excluding fast food, did worse after turning halal. Looks like chinks shunned his hawker food because they believe his food would have inferior taste without lard. Maybe there's other reasons why people would think his food would taste poorly.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bodoh shit, selling Chinese food without pork, both Chinese and Malay will not eat.

There are many Malay who consume pork regularly at hawker. Halal food is not popular le

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I really don’t understand how these supposedly well-endowed Singaporeans manage their finances. 8 Days says he used to be a GM at a dim sum chain, so career wise he must have been doing very well and earning good money.

So far he shares that he has only sunk $40k into this business for a year and he even managed to make some money, albeit by his own admission it’s much lower than his previous salary.

So my first thought is – how on earth did a high income earner who has worked for many years end up so financially vulnerable that just 1 year of pay cut and $40k into a hawker business and the sky is already falling till the wife need to go back to work after leaving the workforce for 10 years and even the son need to cancel tuition for PSLE (How much can this save? Few hundred bucks a month?)

I mean even assuming the entire $40k is written off as loses, that’s like maybe 2 – 3 months of his last drawn salary, like that his whole family is already in such a sad state?

Either he / reporter is just sensationalizing to attract viewership, or his household expenses are ridiculously high or $40k in the hawker is almost all his family’s savings and once the food stall fails the family’s gone financially.
I guess some high income earners earn $x and spend $x and some even exceeded the $x and take loans even with high income.

Also if he is a wise men he wouldn't have lost his gm post and unable to find another.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

On paper, going halal looks like it would have a larger customer base. In reality, many F&B businesses, excluding fast food, did worse after turning halal. Looks like chinks shunned his hawker food because they believe his food would have inferior taste without lard. Maybe there's other reasons why people would think his food would taste poorly.
For once u are right.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said...I won't patronize those halal cina or western or nip cuisine etc..I won't even patronise those no pork no lard stalls

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you go halal you just have to markup the price. The minority has not much option to purchase they will still take it.
The minority can only make money within their own community.

FUNCHOI

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN

Is his stall in a Halal or non-Halal section ?

If it is in Halal section, I do not walk there,
likewise I think most going for Chinese food will not go into a Halal section.
So, not many people is aware of his stall.

And a Muslim would prefer mee rebus or mee goreng than eating prawn noodle.

KNN eating CKT without lard is like fcuking a very sexy beautiful gal
with a sotong as your condom.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said...I won't patronize those halal cina or western or nip cuisine etc..I won't even patronise those no pork no lard stalls
Food without lard taste do much better. Buryani and chuputty are good examples. Tendzng, nssi minyak. Lard has bad after taste.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I remember years ago, Seoul Garden used to serve pork. After it went halal, it lost most of the chink market for korean bbq. Even stores that specialized in bbq pork did far better than Seoul Gardens.

Most of us in F&B use Seoul Gardens as an example not to go halal.

Again, fast food restaurants are not counted as most of their original food doesn't have pork anyway.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember years ago, Seoul Garden used to serve pork. After it went halal, it lost most of the chink market for korean bbq. Even stores that specialized in bbq pork did far better than Seoul Gardens.

Most of us in F&B use Seoul Gardens as an example not to go halal.

Again, fast food restaurants are not counted as most of their original food doesn't have pork anyway.
I remember the time when McDonald's was not halal...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he should secretly put in some lard into his prawn noodle for his unsuspecting Malay customers. I'm convinced his business will pick up after that.