• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Doctor stood at foot of a patient’s bed and said very loudly “ uncle ah, I tell you ah, your HIV blood test come back liao. You got HIV!"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KopiSiewSiewDai 439 points 1 month ago

Saw this in the ward.

Young stupid cocky junior doctor stood at foot of a patient’s bed and said very loudly “ uncle ah, I tell you ah, your HIV blood test come back liao. You got HIV!”

You can hear the pin drop in the fucking ward. The fellow junior doctors and the attending consultant stood beside him with their mouths open in shock. Cos anyone w a brain cell will know this is in appropriate bedside manners.

The family of the patient stood up and scolded the doctor super loudly. All the fuck and knnnbcb all come out. Then the doctors retreated.
Then came back 5 mins later and draw curtain and talk softly to the patient.

Truthspeak

Alfrescian
Loyal
HIV is just like covid. If the sheeple believe the idea of a virus, they would end up getting murdered by the medical and pharmaceutical industry

jsctan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the professionalism of our doc so low? Take away the medical certificate of the jnr. Doc for not keeping confidential information of the patient.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure for more sensitive diseases, will doctor do this. But for common disease and illness, it is expected becos peasants are subsidised patients that shared ward. I think the doc will also look at the ward/patient class status before carrying out this act, becos they are lazy or too busy to do it privately, becos doing that need to walk a bit more to a secluded spot.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure for more sensitive diseases, will doctor do this. But for common disease and illness, it is expected becos peasants are subsidised patients that shared ward. I think the doc will also look at the ward/patient class status before carrying out this act, becos they are lazy or too busy to do it privately, becos doing that need to walk a bit more to a secluded spot.
Luckily the patient is an uncle, and not handsome like Edison Chen. Otherwise, all the nurses who blew him in the ward jialat liao.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Decade ago, TTS ceca doctor wanted me to tell my dad that he was going to die. I was shocked because my dad was still able to walk and underwent prostate treatment. Todate, I am still unsure it was the right protocol to tell a supposedly alert patient he was going to die but the CECA doctor insisted that I do it in front of my dad's face.

Last edited:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Decade ago, TTS ceca doctor wanted me to tell my dad that he was going to die. I was shocked because my dead was still able to walk and underwent prostate treatment. Todate, I am still unsure it was the right protocol to tell a supposedly alert patient he was going to die but the CECA doctor insisted that I do it in front of my dad's face.
Did ur dad really die?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Decade ago, TTS ceca doctor wanted me to tell my dad that he was going to die. I was shocked because my dead was still able to walk and underwent prostate treatment. Todate, I am still unsure it was the right protocol to tell a supposedly alert patient he was going to die but the CECA doctor insisted that I do it in front of my dad's face.
He sounds more like a bomoh or fengshui master than a doctor.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did ur dad really die?
A year and half later, which we knew. The problem is, my dad wanted to remain optimistic with his prostate condition and the family didn't want to say anything depressing. It is not right for the doctor to insist that my dad should undergo further stress by saying he is going to die, which nobody knows when. I told the CECA doctor it may not be the right time, or when the family felt it was ready to tell my dad. Unfortunately, the stubborn doctor insist we do it immediately, in front of the doctor and my dad. Puzzling.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
A year and half later, which we knew. The problem is, my dad wanted to remain optimistic with his prostate condition and the family didn't want to say anything depressing. It is not right for the doctor to insist that my dad should undergo further stress by saying he is going to die, which nobody knows when. I told the CECA doctor it may not be the right time, or when the family felt it was ready to tell my dad. Unfortunately, the stubborn doctor insist we do it immediately, in front of the doctor and my dad. Puzzling.
Don't do it. I suspect the doctor do not know how to heal him and so deem a deasth sentence. I do not trust doctor at all. I suspect he want to cover his own ass by asking u to do that. He do not know how to heal your dad.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't do it. I suspect the doctor do not know how to heal him and so deem a deasth sentence. I do not trust doctor at all. I suspect he want to cover his own ass by asking u to do that. He do not know how to heal your dad.
He is not in charged of healing, but merely to fufill his administrative role and even that I find it extremely unprofessional. My immediate thought then, he was a CECA and probably not well trained before coming to Singapore. I did not have other avenue to ask the hospital about what had happened and partly we were too stressed to pursue the matter while my dad was still in their hands.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Western medical doctors are rubbish. My friend was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer. I told him not to go for chemotherapy but to try some natural herbs and supplements + alkaline water which I recommended him. When he went back for review 4 weeks later, the cancer was 75% gone. The doctor was surprised.

lostvirgin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aunty ah, I tell you ah, your hymen virginity test come back liao....

You are not a virgin, no hymen, your lobang very big and you are pregnant!!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In all fairness, there are HIV drugs available now to suppress it and not become a death sentence.

But it's still fucked up announcing to the whole ward the uncle is a dirty old faggot