• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

seriously, how did singapore get its name?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
did sang nila utama really see a singa or lion? in south east asia, how could there possibly be a LION roaming around and so coincidentally found its way to singapore and again so coincidentally spotted by sang nila utama.

he thought he saw a singa (malay word for lion) and hence name our country SINGAPURA or LION CITY. but was it really a lion he saw? could there be another version to our story how the name SINGAPURA or SINGAPORE being evolved?

there were plenty of wild boars roamin in our country during that time. could it be a wild boar utama see?

if it were really a wild boar, then perhaps our country should be name BABIPURA or PIGAPORE.

confusing as it seem, our gov just couldn't be bothered to straighten all this ??? marks out just like leaving it to remain a myth as in tamasick's fairy tales "happily ever after".

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: seriously, how did MERLION come about?

i wanted to start a new thread on this but hell! let's lump all these folklore (or tourist conjob in one thread:p).

HOW THE HELL THOSE JOKERS COME UP WITH MERLION??

it's just like what kumar, the drag queen quoted: he has the female inside him but the male hanging outside!

LOL!!

#1, there is no LION. pronto!
#2, there is definitely no MERMAID. we have many ugly bitches but mermaids? wait long long!

and how could a LION mate with a MERMAID to give u a progeny called MERLION? siao is it!!?:oIo:

so singapore is a concity and cooks up something so preposterous just for the sake of conning the tourists over.

i used to have foreign visiting pals asking me, "how and what is a merlion come about?"

being a joker, i just shoot them with this story:

er...u see we used to have a horny lion ( bo bian, only african plains got LIONS not here) and a bitchy mermaid. they fell in love and mated. that was how their baby MERLION was born. later, the LION quarrelled with the MERMAID. he ate her up, got choked by her bones and both perished which left our icon MERLION as the sole survivor.

do u wanna know why our famous late orang utan bitch was named after a guy's name, AH MENG?:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Miss Leethabar,

Isn't true that you often beat your father? So many ppl here said you did. Are you a buddhist? Do you believe in Karma? Hope it is not true, since you seems to be a nice lady here.

i believe u must be a victim of the troll's FLIRT&DESTROY.

maybe u should pose ur question back to her:

is it true she bully her mother-in-law and sow discord between her m i l and her husband? is it true she bully her own father n instigate her siblings against him?
is it true she maltreat her poor pin-sized indo maid and then pretend infront of others how good a mum she is to the poor maid? is it true that she run away with the 1/2past6 lawyer causing much grievances to her loving husband? is it true that she is already separated from official husband? is it true she cause the abortion of someone's newly wedded wife? is it true that she is trying to mess up the political unification of other opps which are giving SDP a cold shoulder?

many more other questions. u just need her to answer any one above and then see if it is true.:wink:

INFRACTION time, maybe? :p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
one very serious question:

is it true she not only break up other's family she's disintegrated her own too? she cruelly separated her 2 teletubbies so that she takes one and her husband takes the other?

is it true she is also a closet lesbian trying to get fresh with another abnoxious bitch?:confused:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, is it true that SDP endorse such behaviour and glamorise it to be the highest level of PATRIOTISM?:confused:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, if all is NOT true, why are her victims of cowards and losers get so excited to defend for her?

the answers to all those queries should be quite obvious.:rolleyes:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u disagree with the iconic MERLION authencity, then u should do the same to that troll which is quite in the same league as our concity icon.:cool:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if all these are true, has all the above make you beat your father? Did you beat your father? That is all that I am asking, why get so upset? If you dare to do it, you should dare to own up, right?

my li'l broher didn't really wack his oldman. u must read his entire story more carefully the intention of that silly goon. would u dare to put up such a story knowing u would disadvantage your own self? if u cannot grasp the essence of the goon's story, there is no point for u to insinuate further. if LTS'father were to be your own oldman, i believe u might have even killed him long ago! LOL! those losers and cowards use it to flame the poor goon.

by the way, how's your own father? does he has many gfs beside your own mum? does he bring them back to show off to the family?

LOL! it's easier to see the splinter in other's eyes but forgetting the log in his own. are u a victim of the troll's FLIRT&DESTROY?

obviously, something big is brewing!:eek:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is really a very logical question to pose:

HOW DID SINGAPORE ORIGINALLY GET ITS NAME? DID IT REALLY GET IT RIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

what singa? what lion? was there really one roaming peesailand then and so coincidentally sighted by sang nila utama?

if history was wrong, singapore has better be bold enough to correct it or else it's no difference from the jap's 2nd world war fake agenda.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should not have been given a name. Your parents would had wringed you to death if they could had foretold the future of being physically and verbally assaulted as parents by a beast of a son!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There're no lions in this part of Asia.

There're no mermaids anywhere in the world.

So simple as that. What else is your question?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
There're no lions in this part of Asia.

There're no mermaids anywhere in the world.

So simple as that. What else is your question?

so what animal did utama see? why is the purpose of the MERLION then? no mermaid, no lion - but we got a progeny of a lion head with a mermaid tail.:eek:

concity?