• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sell him back to his old club lah!

tankuku

Alfrescian
Loyal

To Boca Juniors or Corinthians. That's where he belong! :mad:

Thursday 29th September 2011

627019_33_preview.jpg

FIFA comes down hard on Tevez

FIFA vice-president Jim Boyce believes Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez should be banned "from taking an active part in football".

City boss Roberto Mancini said he felt Tevez could never play for the club again after claiming the player refused to go on in the second half, and the club have since suspended the Argentina striker for two weeks.

Northern Irishman Boyce, speaking in a personal capacity, told Sky Sports: "I believe FIFA should have the power to ban the player from taking an active part in football.

"If he has done what has been said, then I think his club would be better off without him.

"If Manchester City prove it, write to FIFA and state the exact circumstances that happened, I would have no problem with that whatsoever. It hasn't occurred before but I think what happened was despicable."

Boyce added: "If this player did what he has been accused of doing, then if Manchester City were to release him I don't think it would be right if he could go and earn a considerable amount of money somewhere else next week.

"I would have no problems if some sanctions were imposed by FIFA in that respect.

"People within the clubs and within the top level of FIFA have to consider that if Carlos Tevez does it, who's to stop someone else doing it the next week or the week after?"

tankuku

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thursday 29th September 2011

660267_33_preview.jpg

Aguero "sad" for banned Tevez

Sergio Aguero admits he feels "sad" for fellow countryman Carlos Tevez as Manchester City slapped a two-week ban on the controversial striker.

With Tevez pledging to report for training, in line with a stated aim of "fulfilling the terms of his contract" as outlined in the statement he released on Wednesday, City chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak acted quickly, confirming the 27-year-old would not be at Carrington this morning.

"Manchester City can confirm that striker Carlos Tevez has been suspended until further notice for a maximum period of two weeks," said a short statement released by City.

"The player's suspension is pending a full review into his alleged conduct during Tuesday evening's 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich.

"The player will not be considered for selection or take part in training whilst the review is under way."

Manager Roberto Mancini stated immediately after Tuesday's game that, as far as he was concerned, Tevez is "finished" at City.

He clearly had no wish to see Tevez quite so soon after the South American's apparent refusal to play.

682406_10_preview.jpg

Munich Mayhem: A play-by-play

According to reports in the Sun, this is what happened at the Allianz Arena that fateful Tuesday night.
  • Man City manager Roberto Mancini had instructed both Nigel de Jong and Carlos Tevez to warm up
  • After De Jong went on, the Italian instructed Tevez to continue warming up, but the Argentine simply sat back down in the dug out, and shouted "No", and "Why" when instructed to do so.
  • One of City's fitness coaches then tried to get Tevez to warm up, but the striker refused, to the point that Mancini gave up and said: "Forget it."
  • After the match, when the City players had all trooped back into the dressing room, Mancini had addressed the squad as a whole, telling them what they had done wrong against Bayern Munich.
  • It was after that, when the Italian then turned to Tevez angrily and told the Argentine he was finished at City.
  • The star simply shrugged, but soon panicked after Mancini left the dressing room and revealed all that had transpired live on TV.
  • Tevez then grabbed a junior member of City's squad and made him a translator, telling Sky reporters that he had not refused to play.
  • The Argentine then got involved in an argument with one of City's press department who was trying to pull his translator away from him.
  • On the flight back to Manchester, Mancini, his staff, and the club's hierarchy decided that there would be no way back for Tevez at Eastlands.

It all adds to a sense of unease around City, which even Aguero is not too happy with despite his own recent impressive form.

"Roberto is in charge," he said, before news of Tevez's suspension became known. "He puts through his opinions and ideas, and obviously makes his decisions. We just have to go with it. "Carlos is a great player but obviously I am not inside his mind, to know his thoughts and opinions. "It does make me sad. But they are two grown men and maybe they will sort it out."

That seems impossible, with City taking advantage of a planned day off for their first-team squad to give the whole furore some breathing space. The gap was used to try to change Mancini's mind. Instead, the club are ensuring any action they take will not be the subject of appeals by Tevez, as prima-face as the evidence appears to be.

Most likely is a January sale, although that would leave Tevez hanging around for another three months, bringing with it huge potential for disruption. However, given the vast Abu Dhabi wealth bankrolling the entire City operation, it cannot entirely be discounted that the man who skippered the Blues to their FA Cup triumph in May, the club's first silverware since 1976, will have his contract cancelled, or that he will be left to fester until the end of his deal in 2014.

Compromise is not on the agenda. For all the finance lavished on a player who became a City hero the instant he opted to join the club for whom he now earns in excess of £200,000 a week and the emotional investment spent talking him into staying when his first transfer request was submitted in December, Tevez has wrecked his legacy.

"He (Mancini) has dealt with it in the way he thinks is right," said assistant manager David Platt. "I think he is right. "The pictures are on the TV. What do you want him to do? Come out and lie? He has told it as it is. Full stop."

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better to bring him to S'pore. Instead of all the screw ups in govt investment, Tevez looks a promising deal. It is already messy in FAS. With Tevez, the rojak may get the right taste.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
These crazy south american gonzalezs all got mentality problems starting with grandpa maradona. :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's a fucking disgrace. Lived in England for five years already still can't/don't want to speak English.

CheesePie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

309lf8m.jpg

Live updates for

Schalke vs Maccabi Haifa
Stade Rennes vs Atlético Madrid
Celtic vs Udinese

Schalke 3

C. Fuchs 8'
C. Fuchs 66'
Jurado 82'
(BTW Fuchs is a defender formerly from Mainz 05 another Bundesliga outfit :biggrin:)

Maccabi Haifa 1
I. Vered 35'

Celtic 1
Sung-Yong Ki (PG) 3'

Udinese 1
A. Abdi (PG) 88'

Stade Rennes 1
V. Montaño 56'

Atlético Madrid 1
Juanfran 87'

Last edited: