• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

self returning food trays

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
not that i wanna say....if everyone returns their own food tray, many aunties and uncles will surely be retrenched.

actually, i would like a "MACDONALD" culture of clearing the table, returning the tray and still smiling when i leave. the trouble is MAC serves dry foodstuffs and is less messy to do the tray return duty.

in food court n hawker centre, sometime the crowds are tremendous. movements are rather restricted....and u r trying to return a tray of laksa (with hums of course) where there is much gravy leftover (gravy bad for health so skipped). it's so occupational hazzardous. when u collide with another chap trying to return his tray of kuay teow mee (again with the msg laden soup leftover), u can imagine both colliders would be seasoned with laksa and kuayteow!!

our pinkyclown eats with silver spoons and golden plates. everything is laid out nicely for him. what does he know about returning the food trays and etc? he is served like a king wih the exception of moping that drool from his lips by the waitress, how well is he tuned with an average hawker centre visiting peasant?

all his NDP rally speech is horrendously flawed!! all his views were telescopic from his ivory tower.

i laughed though but not at his jokes...it was the way the whole bunch of his lackeys laughed after his corny lame jokes. now that's pretty cartoon and really funny!!

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
if everyone returns their own food tray, many aunties and uncles will surely be retrenched.

That is an interesting point. Not just on returning trays, it can be in all aspect of life. Example is littering, when a person litter, he is actually creating a job for the sweeper. If not, there will be no sweeper job. So are aunties and uncles tray collectors. :biggrin:

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
its actually a good practice in most european countries. in fact , if dont clear tray can be fined

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
its actually a good practice in most european countries. in fact , if dont clear tray can be fined

someone had already anticipated FINE be imposed and had written to pinky who clownishly read and shared that mail with the audience.

about the babies handling part, someone should have asked him how many maids he engaged by his famiLee and extended famiLEE.

there is so many things to criticise about his flawed speech but inevitably we would be getting more praises in the shit times - as usual, it happens and repeats every year.:rolleyes:

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is an interesting point. Not just on returning trays, it can be in all aspect of life. Example is littering, when a person litter, he is actually creating a job for the sweeper. If not, there will be no sweeper job. So are aunties and uncles tray collectors. :biggrin:

So have more murderers and thieves if not many police will be retrenched!?? :rolleyes:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
not that i wanna say....if everyone returns their own food tray, many aunties and uncles will surely be retrenched.

actually, i would like a "MACDONALD" culture of clearing the table, returning the tray and still smiling when i leave. the trouble is MAC serves dry foodstuffs and is less messy to do the tray return duty.

in food court n hawker centre, sometime the crowds are tremendous. movements are rather restricted....and u r trying to return a tray of laksa (with hums of course) where there is much gravy leftover (gravy bad for health so skipped). it's so occupational hazzardous. when u collide with another chap trying to return his tray of kuay teow mee (again with the msg laden soup leftover), u can imagine both colliders would be seasoned with laksa and kuayteow!!

our pinkyclown eats with silver spoons and golden plates. everything is laid out nicely for him. what does he know about returning the food trays and etc? he is served like a king wih the exception of moping that drool from his lips by the waitress, how well is he tuned with an average hawker centre visiting peasant?

all his NDP rally speech is horrendously flawed!! all his views were telescopic from his ivory tower.

i laughed though but not at his jokes...it was the way the whole bunch of his lackeys laughed after his corny lame jokes. now that's pretty cartoon and really funny!!

How to become a civil society when PM's simple examples are totally brushed off like so easily. I think we have to look deeper and evaluate ourselves.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to become a civil society when PM's simple examples are totally brushed off like so easily. I think we have to look deeper and evaluate ourselves.

if one hardly eats in hawker centres, he would hardly know how the experience to talk so frivolously.

it is rare now to even have ur food served by the hawkers. it's mostly self-service which make 'chooping' tables a real tedious chores.

the more practical solution is to get more aunties and uncles to clear the tables asap. sometimes, it isn't eveything about graciousness but the real circumstances peasants face daily.

everyone would want to be gracious given the right condition. however, paps keep stressing on materialistic gains, such virtue is sadly thrown to the wind most of the time.:(

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

if one hardly eats in hawker centres, he would hardly know what the experience is like to talk so frivolously.

it is rare now to even have ur food served by the hawkers. it's mostly self-service which make 'chooping' tables a real tedious chores.

the more practical solution is to get more aunties and uncles to clear the tables asap. sometimes, it isn't eveything about graciousness but the real circumstances peasants face daily.

everyone would want to be gracious given the right condition. however, paps keep stressing on materialistic gains, such virtue is sadly thrown to the wind most of the time.:(

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

But the bigger issue, and which the govt must solve, is, why are so many uncles and aunties still working? We don't improve their lives by creating more menial jobs for them. Definitely, the measely pay they get don't add to their retirement nest (of which I'm sure there are none), just peanuts to eke out a living day to day, unfortunately to the last day :(

This cycle continues to future generations if the present govt thinks it's a given that everyone should work into their old age. It shows that they have no solution to prepare workers for a happy stress-free retirement. :confused:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with Leetahbar that most of the Asian dishes we eat in Singapore hawker centres and food courts are hard to clear up and tray off.

In the US and Europe, there's the tipping culture, which includes services for both serving to table and clearing off table. No-tipping-required self-service there means both carrying your food to your table and clearing your table after you're done. But those western foods are mostly burgers, fish and chips, fried chicken, pasta dishes etc.

In Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong etc. we have lots of soupy and bony and shelly dishes. Our dishes leave behind lots of unused soup, gravy, discarded bones, shells etc. Imagine having to clean all that up after eating, might as well don't eat, lose appetite already.

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
tenggiri you beaten me to it!

this is what i want to say:

we can affort to have less of certain types of jobs.

if based on leetahbar logic then we should tolerate crimes and therefore creating more police jobs.

would the country be better off if we have 0 crimes and more retrenched police?

actually cannot like that say mah....

Having a police around will deter you from committing crime. Agree?

Having cleaners around will encourage you to leave your plates on the table, because they will clean it up...

the both serve different purpose.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you lucky he haven't suggest SAF style of washing the utensil yourselves after eating...
or hv sum officers hiding behind pillars who wil suddenly show demselves in front of u n issue u a cwo ... :eek: :p

Last edited:

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
you lucky he haven't suggest SAF style of washing the utensil yourselves after eating...

bro monster,

u too long no do reservist liao. now where got wash plates? NS boys nowadays very pampered ; good food , eat and just dump the plates in the pail... :biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Leetahbar that most of the Asian dishes we eat in Singapore hawker centres and food courts are hard to clear up and tray off.

In the US and Europe, there's the tipping culture, which includes services for both serving to table and clearing off table. No-tipping-required self-service there means both carrying your food to your table and clearing your table after you're done. But those western foods are mostly burgers, fish and chips, fried chicken, pasta dishes etc.

In Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong etc. we have lots of soupy and bony and shelly dishes. Our dishes leave behind lots of unused soup, gravy, discarded bones, shells etc. Imagine having to clean all that up after eating, might as well don't eat, lose appetite already.

wow! u eat in restaurants or hawker centres?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually cannot like that say mah....

Having a police around will deter you from committing crime. Agree?

Having cleaners around will encourage you to leave your plates on the table, because they will clean it up...

the both serve different purpose.

...alamak! this just popped into me:

having more minitoots around and paying them obscenely means there are more FINES to be customly designed to sabo poor peasants:p