• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Seletar Airport Flooded!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Seletar Airport hit by flash floods </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-12 8:18 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>37443.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Seletar Airport hit by flash floods on Wednesday

PostDateIcon.png
August 13th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Your Correspondent

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/08/13/seletar-airport-hit-by-flash-floods-on-wednesday/

According to a Lianhe Wanbao report yesterday, Seletar Airport was hit by flash floods on Wednesday, the 6th episode of flooding in less than two months. (read more here)
The shocking news was not reported in the English papers or the news broadcasts on Channel News Asia, Channels 5 and 8.
A reader captured the flooding and sent the photo to Lianhe Wanbao which showed flooding at the lobby of the airport with stranded passengers.
The flooding occurred at 12.30pm and it took the airport staff one hour to clear the flood water. A spokesperson from the Changi Airport Group told Wanbao that they are still “investigating” the cause of the flooding.
There were no immediate comments from PAP Environment Minister Yaacob Ibrahim nor PUB Chairman Tan Gee Paw who was ironically awarded the Distinguished Service Order on National Day ostensibly for solving Singapore’s perennial flood problems.
The PAP regime’s response to the recent spate of flooding is reminiscent of Communist China which censored all negative news before the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
Unfortunately, with the advent of the New Media, it is no longer possible for the PAP to control the flow and dissemination of information.
With NEA warning that there will be heavy downpours in the next few days, Singaporeans better be prepared for another episode of “once in five days” (not fifty years) flooding, thanks to the PAP’s incompetence and ineptitude.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://lifestyle.omy.sg/News/Local+News/Story/OMYStory201008121532-176076/2.html
昨午豪雨引发实里达机场淹水

<!-- END story title --><!-- story -->
20100812_sc_flood2_img_main.jpg
地上水汪汪,搭客缩起双脚避水。(图/读者张先生提供)

<!-- END main picture holder --><!--to display ads--><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2 type=text/javascript src="/global/common/inc/ads/article.js"></SCRIPT>

<!--end storyleft-->

<!--end border-->
<!--end storyhighlight--><!-- CONTENT : start -->昨午一场豪雨,竟引发实里达机场淹水15公分,导致许多工作人员及搭客措手不及。
读者张先生当场拍下照片,发送《联合晚报》。他说,豪雨在中午12时30分左右开始倾盆而下,当时他和同事刚好在机场附近办公,看到了机场淹水的一幕。
他说,淹水的地方包括机场大厅,他看到好几个工作人员或是忙着清理积水,或是赶紧把一些物件搬到较高处。
张先生还看到几名游客跑到搭客大厦外面没有积水的地方;有的则留在搭客大厅,索性蹲在椅子上或把脚抬高垫在行李箱上。
另外,机场附近的新加坡飞行俱乐部的停车场也淹水了。所幸大雨在昨午2时左右就停了,机场的积水也逐渐消退。
实里达机场提供处理包机、私人飞机、商用专机及紧急救援专机等的运作服务。此外,Berjaya Air也在该机场提供飞往刁曼岛和热浪岛(Pulau Redang)的航班服务。
樟宜机场集团发言人今早受询时证实淹水,目前正在调查淹水原因。
他说,工作人员花了1小时清理积水后,机场恢复正常运作。

小印度、汤申路 出现短暂性‘淹水’

小印度、汤申路等多个地区,也出现淹水情况。
这场大雨导致多个路段出现淹水。不少网友都在第一时间把他们看到的“水景”上载到网上。出现短暂性“淹水”的主要地点包括小印度以及汤申路一带等。
公用事业局发言人受询时说,大雨导致“小印度”的维拉三美路(Veerasamy Road)和甘榜安拔(Kampong Ampat),分别积水150毫米,不过积水在15分钟内消退。
<!-- CONTENT : end --><!-- CONTENT : end -->

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
even small rain now also flood. but they will tell u its not the marina cheebye fault

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The shocking news was not reported in the English papers or the news broadcasts on Channel News Asia, Channels 5 and 8.
A reader captured the flooding and sent the photo to Lianhe Wanbao ...
wa! ... lidat, dat wanbao editor dunno die ... 2molo gonna kena call up oredi ... :eek: :o

kirby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapoor is getting really 3rd world nowadays.
Looks like someone upstairs is trying to tell something.

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am available as a foreign talent to ensure no floods in Singapore. I will offer reasonable warranty of no floods, after our consulting services are complete.

It is an easy job......but I am surprised that no engineer in Singapore can do it. I guess, I am now a foreign talent.....originally from Singapore.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapoor is getting really 3rd world nowadays.
Looks like someone upstairs is trying to tell something.

Omen! Omen! and more Omen.

Someone got bitten by a mosquitoe and say it was an omen - from downstairs. Another one got diarrheoa and he also said it was an omen.

In the past, no body got a digital camera, so no instant news. Now everyone got digital camera and camera phone - so shoot this and that. Everything becomes news. Even something chewing sweet on a bus is news.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Were is Yaacob's resignation letter?:mad::mad:

In Uniquely YOUR SINgapore, he would be 'farm' out to another familee related business, that concern his country men, and be paid handsomely also.

What resignation!...look at ah seng, he is still around.:p

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaacob : Orchard Road turn into a river I also escape, this small case you want me to resign? hahahahah stupid sinkies

All I need to do is to come with with some silly excuse and then "Let's move on"

Let me see...

a.) The drain got rubbish
b.) Blanga did not do their job
c.) It never happen before in the past 100 years
d.) You want to turn all roads into big longkang?
e.) All of the above

Were is Yaacob's resignation letter?:mad::mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yaacob : Orchard Road turn into a river I also escape, this small case you want me to resign? hahahahah stupid sinkies

All I need to do is to come with with some silly excuse and then "Let's move on"

Let me see...

a.) The drain got rubbish
b.) Blanga did not do their job
c.) It never happen before in the past 100 years
d.) You want to turn all roads into big longkang?
e.) All of the above

You may be right on (a) (b), there is a lot of development going on around Selatar airbase, the drains may be blocked, the bangalas, Indians, etc..are not properly supervised in the disposal of waste..and that bring to forefront that NEA, Nfark, not diligent in their work. Abang too tired to check so many things, he won't resign...but now he can only makan his nasi briyani only certain time of the day...and that is not working hours...:biggrin: