• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

scroobal, stop your filthy habit

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
scroobal, stop your filthy habit of telling blatant lies in your message

Scroobal has got this disgusting, filthy habit of telling blatant lies in his messages. Let me show u two example.

"The use of Mandarin was a Political decision to cut out the various clans and dialect based interest group. More importantly to remove Political opponets that had a strong alond dialect lines. Lim Chin Siong is a fiery orator in Hokkein..."

http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=198117&postcount=490

"Not many people are aware that besides introducing Mnadarin to cut the likes of Lim Chin Siong and other dialect based firebrands from the game...."

http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php?p=199073&postcount=4

scroobal should learn to talk straight. Its a disgusting, filthy habit of him to every now and then sneak in lies in his message.

It doesn't make sense for the PAP govt to introduce mandarin to cut off Lim Chin Siong and the lot, 'cause Mandarin is not the forte of the PAP. To introduce mandarin in order to cut off the Opposition such as Lim, they are in fact cutting the PAP themselves off. Lim Chin Siong and the lot, they could handle mandarin well. Therefore, what scroobal said it cannot be true.

Its a mind boggling fabrication, a blatant lie from scroobal. Even though I had pointed it out to him at other thread, he still repeat this lie a second time here in this forum. I suspect he is bias against mandarin language.

Last edited:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those scums introduce Mandarin as the Lingua Franca for all chinese here, firstly to conduct ethnic cleansing of all other chinese dialects...once Mandarin has sunk its roots into our society it would make it easier for them to import PRC to replace the local population...and also to over run the other minorities races...cos the chinese are not humping like rabbits to replace themselves...while the malays has probably never heard of the term "family planning" or "birth control"....

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: scroobal, stop your filthy habit of telling blatant lies in your message

If he could tell those outrageous lie, with no qualm, just causally tell those lies like its matter of fact, how many more lies were sprinkle in his other messages? HOW COULD HE BE OF ANY CREDIBILITY AT ALL??

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those scums introduce Mandarin as the Lingua Franca for all chinese here, firstly to conduct ethnic cleansing of all other chinese dialects...once Mandarin has sunk its roots into our society it would make it easier for them to import PRC to replace the local population...and also to over run the other minorities races...cos the chinese are not humping like rabbits to replace themselves...while the malays has probably never heard of the term "family planning" or "birth control"....

frankie,

first of all, correct me if i am wrong: mandarin has been around on this island, before PAP was born. is it a 'lingua franca for all chinese during british colonial time, i don't know. are u sure its the PAP who introduce chinese as lingua franca for all chinese here?

PAP cleansing of local chinese dialects are wrong. It should be condemned. No doubt about it. But mandarin is a important key to chinese culture, no? It helps in bridging the Chinese and Chinese culture, beyond the individual clan and dialect group, no?

And also, are u sure the PAP is keen in mandarin language? They all pay lip service about upholding mandarin, and come up with speak mandarin campaign, and what happen? Less and less chinese are speaking mandarin here in this country. Look at their policies. Did the PAP come up with any substantial policies in upholding Mandarin and Chinese language? No. Its just lip service, going thru the motion. No substantial policies, to show that PAP is sincere in upholding or encouraging more usage of Mandarin and Chinese language. Less and less chinese are speaking mandarin here in this country. And chinese language standard is dropping year after year.

Mandarin and dialect both are victims of PAP's english language supremacist attitude and policies. Make no mistake about it. Both Mandarin and dialect are victims of Lee Kuan Yew and PAP's outright tyrannic, bias, discrimination against Asian languages.

Last edited:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without a doubt Mandarin language has been around since the colonial days but I would imagine its promotion of usage would not be at the current shameless level that the scums are promoting it...as why i said it is been promoted as the lingua franca, it was only in the late 70s and early 80s where drive to eliminate all other dialects went into full swing..banning of dialects programs on tv and movies from the cinema..

Whether they are paying lip service to its promotion, I don't know but frankly I feel uncomfortable with all the crap they are spewing about how this language is consider our mother tongue and reflective of our cultural...i have always stated and reiterate, our mother tongue is our dialect from which we learn our culture and customs..mandarin per se has nothing to do with culture, it is only a medium for communication..

Now that mandarin is perceived as the lingua franca of chinese here, those scums have been shamelessly courting pariah chinese from prc over, as having a nation of mandarin speaking chinese would make it easier for these pariahs from prc to assimilate into our society with the next step been them taking up slavery shitizenshit....

the long term plan of the scums is to get more chinese in so that the malays do not over populate and take over the power based on the chinese...

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankie,

first of all, correct me if i am wrong: mandarin has been around on this island, before PAP was born. is it a 'lingua franca for all chinese during british colonial time, i don't know. are u sure its the PAP who introduce chinese as lingua franca for all chinese here?

PAP cleansing of local chinese dialects are wrong. It should be condemned. No doubt about it. But mandarin is a important key to chinese culture, no? It helps in bridging the Chinese and Chinese culture, beyond the individual clan and dialect group, no?

And also, are u sure the PAP is keen in mandarin language? They all pay lip service about upholding mandarin, and come up with speak mandarin campaign, and what happen? Less and less chinese are speaking mandarin here in this country. Look at their policies. Did the PAP come up with any substantial policies in upholding Mandarin and Chinese language? No. Its just lip service, going thru the motion. No substantial policies, to show that PAP is sincere in upholding or encouraging more usage of Mandarin and Chinese language. Less and less chinese are speaking mandarin here in this country. And chinese language standard is dropping year after year.

Mandarin and dialect both are victims of PAP's english language supremacist attitude and policies. Make no mistake about it. Both Mandarin and dialect are victims of Lee Kuan Yew and PAP's outright tyrannic, bias, discrimination against Asian languages.

mandarin was the language of the elite. only a PAP closet MIW mole will suggest that mandarin was the lingua since colonial days. the first chinese immigrants in singaproe spoke their own dialects. even the babas did not speak mandarin. only in early 20th century were the children of chinese migrants educated in mandarin. the chinese high school was founded only in 1919.

filthy chow kar chua, stop pretending you are chinese when you can even read chinese. anyone who is chinese will have grandparents who spoke only dialects or little mandarin....so stop trying to spread your lies and party propaganda here. end of the day you are tryin' to promote party policy--which to speak mandarin only at the expense of old dialects

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

you can even answer my question in chinese and you even say this poem is fine when anyone reading in mandarin will know that it has no rhymes...

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
char jig kar, DUN TRY AND USE THE INFRACTION LOG TO STOP ME FROM ASKING A VALID QUESTION....DOES THE POEM RHYME OR NOT?

IT DOES NOT RHYME BECAUSE IT WAS WRITTEN IN OLD CHINESE. OLD CHINESE IS THE EXTINCT SPOKEN LANGUAGE OF ANCIENT CHINESE LIKE CONFUCIUS, LEARNING DIALECTS WILL KEEP US CLOSER TO OUR ROOTS BECAUSE DIALECTS PRESERVE THE SOUNDS OF OLD CHINESE.

LISTEN TO THE SOUNDS OF OLD CHINESE AND THE RHYMES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxhdW2yB-iQ&feature=channel_page

MANDARIN IS A NORTHERN DIALECT AND IT IS MOSTLY BARBARIN ACCENT SINCe NORTH CHINA WAS RULED BY DIFFERENT BARBARIAN TRIBLES 50% OF THE TIME. THIS MANDARIN WAS WAS PICKED BY THE MANCHUS IN 1700S TO BE THE OFFICIAL TONGUE IN CHINA BECAUSE IT WAS EASY FOR ALTAIC SPEAKERS LIKE MANCHUS TO MASTER

Sithclone

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankie,

the chinese who migrated during raffles' time were mostly from south china, and they didn't speak northern dialects such as mandarin. they spoke their own dialects, which was why people from different dialects didn't mix and you won't find a hokkien stepping into cantonese territory without getting beaten up.

mandarin only became common from the 70's onwards. i know it coz my grandparents don't speak mandarin at all. they told me trouble always brewed between different dialect groups and they had distinct territories. so you're wrong about chinese immigrants speaking mandarin during colonial times. if you're chinese you should know this from your grandparents.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is like asking the master shapeshifter politely to stop duplicating and replicating more nasty clones.:oIo:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
char jig kar, DUN TRY AND USE THE INFRACTION LOG TO STOP ME FROM ASKING A VALID QUESTION....DOES THE POEM RHYME OR NOT?

IT DOES NOT RHYME BECAUSE IT WAS WRITTEN IN OLD CHINESE. OLD CHINESE IS THE EXTINCT SPOKEN LANGUAGE OF ANCIENT CHINESE LIKE CONFUCIUS, LEARNING DIALECTS WILL KEEP US CLOSER TO OUR ROOTS BECAUSE DIALECTS PRESERVE THE SOUNDS OF OLD CHINESE.

LISTEN TO THE SOUNDS OF OLD CHINESE AND THE RHYMES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxhdW2yB-iQ&feature=channel_page

MANDARIN IS A NORTHERN DIALECT AND IT IS MOSTLY BARBARIN ACCENT SINCe NORTH CHINA WAS RULED BY DIFFERENT BARBARIAN TRIBLES 50% OF THE TIME. THIS MANDARIN WAS WAS PICKED BY THE MANCHUS IN 1700S TO BE THE OFFICIAL TONGUE IN CHINA BECAUSE IT WAS EASY FOR ALTAIC SPEAKERS LIKE MANCHUS TO MASTER

you also know that cyberbullies losers gang are most deft in using INFRACTION. if they cannot take on an argument gentlemanly, they usually resort to that. what u expect from SDP IB gang?:oIo:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
you also know that cyberbullies losers gang are most deft in using INFRACTION. if they cannot take on an argument gentlemanly, they usually resort to that. what u expect from SDP IB gang?:oIo:

sure sign that they are losing and cannot take the heat.... old forum, there is no such unprincipled censorship

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without a doubt Mandarin language has been around since the colonial days but I would imagine its promotion of usage would not be at the current shameless level that the scums are promoting it...as why i said it is been promoted as the lingua franca, it was only in the late 70s and early 80s where drive to eliminate all other dialects went into full swing..banning of dialects programs on tv and movies from the cinema..

Whether they are paying lip service to its promotion, I don't know but frankly I feel uncomfortable with all the crap they are spewing about how this language is consider our mother tongue and reflective of our cultural...i have always stated and reiterate, our mother tongue is our dialect from which we learn our culture and customs..mandarin per se has nothing to do with culture, it is only a medium for communication..

Now that mandarin is perceived as the lingua franca of chinese here, those scums have been shamelessly courting pariah chinese from prc over, as having a nation of mandarin speaking chinese would make it easier for these pariahs from prc to assimilate into our society with the next step been them taking up slavery shitizenshit....

the long term plan of the scums is to get more chinese in so that the malays do not over populate and take over the power based on the chinese...

Thats PAP problem. Should go bash the PAP instead of the Mandarin language itself. Mandarin is not guilty in eradicating dialect. ITS THE PAP. Please keep the eye on the ball.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
mandarin was the language of the elite. only a PAP closet MIW mole will suggest that mandarin was the lingua since colonial days. the first chinese immigrants in singaproe spoke their own dialects. even the babas did not speak mandarin. only in early 20th century were the children of chinese migrants educated in mandarin. the chinese high school was founded only in 1919.

filthy chow kar chua, stop pretending you are chinese when you can even read chinese. anyone who is chinese will have grandparents who spoke only dialects or little mandarin....so stop trying to spread your lies and party propaganda here. end of the day you are tryin' to promote party policy--which to speak mandarin only at the expense of old dialects

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

you can even answer my question in chinese and you even say this poem is fine when anyone reading in mandarin will know that it has no rhymes...

mandarin is not the enemy of dialect. its PAP who shamelessly eradicating dialect, they are the culprit. nothing wrong to use mandarin as a universal language to communicate among different group of chinese dialect group.

are u denying that mandarin is a important key to chinese culture? bridging across all different dialect group and chinese culture?

the poem sounds fine to me in mandarin. much better than the slurring and muddled recitation in ancient chinese youtube clip which u provide in other thread. how many times do u want to spam me with the poem quote?

Last edited:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
......to spread your lies and party propaganda here. end of the day you are tryin' to promote party policy--which to speak mandarin only at the expense of old dialects

關關雎鳩 在河之洲 窈窕淑女 君子好逑
參差荇菜 左右流之 窈窕淑女 寤寐求之
求之不得 寤寐思服 悠哉悠哉 輾轉反側
參差荇菜 左右采之 窈窕淑女 琴瑟友之
參差荇菜 左右芼之 窈窕淑女 鐘鼓樂之

鳩 rhymes with 洲, 女and 逑?
菜 rhymes with 女 and 之?

You are not going to let him go on the poem, are you?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: scroobal, stop your filthy habit of telling blatant lies in your message

The issue here is scroobal is way out in his statement. Its outrageous to say that PAP made mandarin the lingua franca language for the chinese here is because they wanna wipe out Lim Chin Siong and the lot. Lim Chin Siong and the lot has got no problem dealing with mandarin language. Its the PAP has got problem speaking mandarin.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not going to let him go on the poem, are you?

rhyming or not, is not the issue. In communication, there's an issue of clarity. The message recitation in ancient chinese is unclear, muddled, and slurred, why would it make it a better way to connect to chinese root? that lancheow forum member dont get it.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have the cheek to complain about other people. Even mua chee is a reason for you to pick on the opposition.

When are you going to get your PBM from Istana.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have the cheek to complain about other people. Even mua chee is a reason for you to pick on the opposition.

When are you going to get your PBM from Istana.

Mua Chee is a famous teo chew dessert no? its part of teo chew culture no? So why cant i question Low Thia Khiang (a teochew) that how come hougang central, difficult to find that dessert? But then, I got it wrong. Hougang Central is not under LTK. After a forum member point it out, i say no more.

Did scroobal admit he made a mistake? After I had point it out to him, yet, he carry on telling those outrageous lies. harlo? ITS OUTRAGEOUS LIES!! OKAY??? WHY DID HE INSIST IN TELLING IT AGAIN EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE HAD POINTED OUT TO HIM???

And you? who the fuck are u to suggest that I am for the PAP? You will vote for YSL the PAP apologist, no??? so why don't u nominate yourself to get PBM from istana?

Last edited:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
rhyming or not, is not the issue. In communication, there's an issue of clarity. The message recitation in ancient chinese is unclear, muddled, and slurred, why would it make it a better way to connect to chinese root? that lancheow forum member dont get it.

you cannot even tell whether it rhymes in mandarin becasue you cannot read chinese ...i am waiting for somebody to point out your folly...LOL

ancient poems are meant to rhyme in old chinese but they do not rhyme in mandarin and reading in mandarin means the wit and the nuances are lost.

it is not for you to say old chinese in ancient tongue i.e. your ancestors' language is unclear, muddled or slurred just like you do not chose your own father or mother or blame them for bringing you up in the manner which you turned out to be. these are your roots and mandarin is not the way to connect to this

choosing this alleged lack of clarity as your response only shows that you are not only trying to promote a Mandarin only policy and sucking up to the partyline but you are also debasing chinese culture and advocating a total eradication of our roots and this is betrayed by how you insult li bai and confucius and their language were "unclear, muddled, and slurred".next, you will say they have slanty eyes too and probably did not have enuff hair.,...

the only response you have is to resort to INFRACTIONS to stop me...LOL

Last edited: