• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Scholarship lost, thanks to postal delay

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20100323.151749_postage.jpg

WITHIN the country, SingPost's service is efficient. Mail goes where it is meant to go, from one Singapore address to another Singapore address.

With international addresses, however, it is another story.

When I applied for my overseas university, my mother did the wisest thing and sent my documents via Federal Express.

A good friend of mine used SpeedPost, the quickest way to send documents overseas within his budget - and, as a result, he has just been disqualified from a scholarship which would have helped him tide over an overseas education.

The reason: SpeedPost did not get the vital documents to the destination, the University of Oregon, on time. In fact, a two- to three-day mailing option took a week to get the scholarship documents out of Singapore.

My friend was already a needy student in Singapore, but now SpeedPost has made him an even more needy student in the United States, because of its failure.

Leong Mei Poh (Ms)

LoveSingFade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correction! Should be: "WITHIN the country, SingPost's service is inefficient"

They only interested in price hike and more profits, in the old days postal service is more efficient and much cheaper than now.

I have personally experienced local mails take 5 - 7 days to reach the addressee, wrong deliveries to my address also happen very frequently.

Compare the postage and P O Box and other services charges, how many percentage has increased over the years, but service never improve, this is the problem with SingPost, PRIVATISED good?:mad:

20100323.151749_postage.jpg

WITHIN the country, SingPost's service is efficient. Mail goes where it is meant to go, from one Singapore address to another Singapore address.

Leong Mei Poh (Ms)

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even with Fedex or UPS also can cock up. Once my company submitted a proposal and we couriered the documents. Arrived late. Lan lan cannot sue the courier company cos got all sorts of clauses on the form. Is like dat.

They will turn around and ask why you wait until late min to send in.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Miss leong's friend can now apply to be a Singpost scholar and clear out the deadwood in that organisation.