• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saw a friend posted this on the FB's wall, feel very sad for him..

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
i disagree a bit, divorced pple tend to be more experienced and more prepared for 2nd time marriage. There was one indian passenger i picked up months ago, he told me his story: he claimed that his wife looked like Bollywood star, then she always go pubs and hang ard with men, then one day, she went missing and he discovered that he stayed with someone she knew at the pub. So he decided to call it quits! after that, he remarried another indian woman who is not so good looking as his 1st wife. before he remarry, he told his current wife about his expectations and lay down some rules. Both agreed and he is now a happy man!:smile:

and so you are a councilor! no wonder you seem to know so much-a compliment!:smile:

Frankly, it the society's fault. I hate to be judge by pple based on their career and wealth. But I just can't escape this kind of thinking,myself. I get a bit sensitive when pple asked me what i do for a living. Like I am some jia liao bee. :mad:

Just be honest with them that u're bi.... then see their priceless expression :eek::biggrin:

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
someone pick up the stories and wrote a detail articles of my friend's encounter with the family court

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JiQR5rVboQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JiQR5rVboQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://angiemedia.com/2010/09/11/si...ourts-enable-parental-alienation-child-abuse/

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
screw the woman charter, i only believe in human rights! :oIo: this story a bit fishy. so guys dont get too emo over it. but i think that guy still deserve to see his son.

i think this is the best lesson to all the guys in sg, better vote pap out!!!

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
screw the woman charter, i only believe in human rights! :oIo: this story a bit fishy. so guys dont get too emo over it. but i think that guy still deserve to see his son.

i think this is the best lesson to all the guys in sg, better vote pap out!!!

I watched the video and found nothing fishy about it. It tells of a father's love for his son, the same sort of love exhibited by dads all over. Reminds of the photos of Vivian Balakrishnan hugging his son. Fathers who love their children.

Those who believe in the women charter also believe in human rights - the human rights of women, never mind if men's rights are trampled.

Voting the PAP out will not help in this case. What is needed is an advocacy organization for Men along the lines of AWARE. If ever you see such an organization coming up, I hope that you Men will support it. Social problems can only be resolved by male advocacy.

All that guy can do is just to publicize his love for his son. And ends with a bible quote. Some thinks that just because they are christians, they and their spouses will behave as christians and their marriages are protected by God. That is clearly not the case. Because the couples insisted on their own way. This is an issue that churches today are grappling with. Many measures have been implemented.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
i disagree a bit, divorced pple tend to be more experienced and more prepared for 2nd time marriage.

well, i am glad that you are self-confident.

if they fail in their second marriage, then they will end up paying two sets of alimony - one for their first wife, another for the second wife. Also child support payments to both wives. CPF transferred. Go to jail if did not pay. From father to uncle, two times.

if the divorced women failed in their second marriage, they received wife maintenance from the second husband as well as child support payments from both husbands.

don't talk about third marriages.

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just be honest with them that u're bi.... then see their priceless expression :eek::biggrin:

actually there are a few bi-sexuals in marriages

there is a changing trend today in attitudes towards sexual orientation as well as divorces; more of a factual acceptance and less of a trauma

take for example that guy, if he is not a father - he will just move on

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think men in sinkieland really screwed! How do Glenn Ong cope?:rolleyes::biggrin:

If a couple divorced without children, can the wife still claim alimony?

ok,ok, i am asking for myself, I want to know cos' in case that siao char bor come and get back at me.

well, i am glad that you are self-confident.

if they fail in their second marriage, then they will end up paying two sets of alimony - one for their first wife, another for the second wife. Also child support payments to both wives. CPF transferred. Go to jail if did not pay. From father to uncle, two times.

if the divorced women failed in their second marriage, they received wife maintenance from the second husband as well as child support payments from both husbands.

don't talk about third marriages.

Last edited:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
oi, need advice leh???:smile:

I think men in sinkieland really screwed! How do Glenn Ong cope?:rolleyes::biggrin:

If a couple divorced without children, can the wife still claim alimony?

ok,ok, i am asking for myself, I want to know cos' in case that siao char bor come and get back at me.

Wee Cheng

Hi Green Light,

Thanks for putting up my post on this page.

The intention of my daily post to my son on FB is to create awareness of the global epidemic of Parental Alienation (PA) and its harmful effects on children and families. I have also created a FB page on PA with members from all over the world joining and sharing their similar experience -
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=128445290045

Wikipedia defines Parental Alienation as any behavior by a parent, a child's mother or father, whether conscious or unconscious, that could create alienation in the relationship between a child and the other parent.

PA is actually a gender neutral issue, because there are also some local mothers who are wrongfully deprived of their children. But because our Family Court gave mainly mothers the Care & Control rights, hence they are in a better position to carry out the alienation of their ex-spouses as compared to fathers.

As for Women’s Charter, it is an act meant to protect women/children, and I wholeheartedly agree that its intentions are definitely good.

But it is also a widely known fact that many hateful parents have been making a total mockery out of Women’s Charter for many years by misusing and abusing it to deprive their ex-spouses of access to their children.

It is up to the authorities to either stop this abuse, or to allow Women’s Charter to be continually and conveniently misused as an oppressing tool. For all the good intentions it has, it will be a shame for Women’s Charter to go down in Singapore history as one of the most lethal oppressing weapons and destroyers of family units and innocent children.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi wee cheng,

welcome to the forum. we (i) may be vulgar at times and hope u dun mind. anyway i have read your blog from the link greenie posted.

keep the fighting spirit alive. i am sure your little boy will grow up to understd the sufferings u were made to go tru.

take care. your boy is 12 this year. in another few years time, his mum couldn't control all aspects of his life. hang on.

nothing much i can do, pls accept my humble points. do drop by this forum and post in other topics as well.

btw, i anti-pap (but pro spore)ok.:biggrin:

Wee Cheng

Feel free to join my FB group and contact me if you or anyone you know is divorced and need some advice and support on child related issues.

I know many fathers and also some mothers going through similar situations, and we will be most happy to share our experience with you and hope it can help you take better precautionary measures.

None of us would ever want a divorce if we have the choice. But sadly there are clauses under our family law that actually allows people to initiate a divorce as long as they do certain things, follow some steps and meet some criterias. And no matter how hard we try to stop it, the divorce would still go through under the law.

Many things can be very unfair under our family law system. Never be happy with getting just "Joint Custody", it practically means nothing, its just something that looks good on paper and appears fair, but its far from it. It is whichever parent who gets this "Care & Control" right that can really make the other parent suffer, that includes using the children as pawns to block off the other parent (aka Parental Alienation).

Its not really important why couples divorced, it may be due to money matters, in-laws problems, third party, characters driting apart etc.. Most importantly, the children deserve the love and presence of both parents even after a divorce. Currently, many Care & Control parents are mis-using the system to achieve their own selfish aims without any regards for the children's real needs. And we are definitely in need of a better Family Court system to do some proper damage control.

Last edited:

Wee Cheng

Hi Sifu,
Thanks for your reply, nice to know you.

Its ok about the words, haha, I think we should be straightforward about expressing our feelings : )

I get people writing nasty things to me on FB often, so I can be quite numb to criticisms I guess. I just focus on doing the correct thing for my son.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,wee cheng, may i ask why you and your wife is divorced, and why she turned so nasty?

Hi Sifu,
Thanks for your reply, nice to know you.

Its ok about the words, haha, I think we should be straightforward about expressing our feelings : )

I get people writing nasty things to me on FB often, so I can be quite numb to criticisms I guess. I just focus on doing the correct thing for my son.