• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saudi Arabia just began construction of its $500 billion 500 meter tall, 170 km long megacity, "The Line" in Neom

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
You concentrate it like this, it give an example that such cities are possible that allow maximum and easier control of the population. beware of that.
Saudi wanted to emulate dubai. But even their tallest skyscraper is now abandoned.
Somebody sold them a plan and they bought it. They voukd have just build another ordinary city but decided on a new future.
But i have to say, central planning seldom work. This saudi city, in my opinion, is just a massive mall. The people have no choice but to live in it. No other structures or design allowed.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
please tell me the use case. seriously.

I have a vague notion of how things are going to work but I'm no expert in urban design which is why I would never pass judgement on something I know very little about.

On the other hand you are obviously an accomplished expert in the field with an impeccable record.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
pardon my stupidity, why 1 long line?, why not a circle? wont a circle be more practical? economic activity can flourish within the circle....no?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a vague notion of how things are going to work but I'm no expert in urban design which is why I would never pass judgement on something I know very little about.

On the other hand you are obviously an accomplished expert in the field with an impeccable record.
if you're interested in having a thoughtful discussion fire away, but judging from those two lines you've written, all I see are comments about relative dick sizes. I'm not interested in thoughtless spittle.

Just for your benefit though, the following two lines from other members in this forum already contain a smidgen of the farce this will turn out to be.
Exactly. This is the similar line of thought that i have. Saudi Arabia isn't the type of impression that they uphold individual freedom, thought and action
pardon my stupidity, why 1 long line?, why not a circle? wont a circle be more practical? economic activity can flourish within the circle....no?