• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sarawak to allow Muslims to renouce their faith

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's Sarawak state announced it would amend state laws on conversion, following a court case involving three people seeking to have their conversion to Islam reversed.

Sarawak Chief Minister Abang Johari Openg said on Saturday (March 3) that amendments would be made to the state's religious law providing an administrative solution for apostates.

"We will amend any weaknesses in our syariah laws in dealing with apostasy cases. There must be a SOP because we cannot leave people hanging," said Datuk Abang Johari, referring to the need for a standard operating procedure (SOP).

"If that person wishes to leave (the faith), why not let him leave?" he added.

On Feb 27, the country's apex court dismissed the appeal by three Sarawakian Muslim converts and a Muslim by birth to have their case be heard by the civil court.

The applicants were seeking to have their identity cards and official records reflect that they are now Christians.

The country's Islamic law is governed at the state level, and Sarawak's syariah court had earlier ruled that it did not have the jurisdiction to issue the Letter of Release from Islam, a document required by the National Registration Department to amend the religious status in official records. The deadlock had led to the applicants to file for their cases to be allowed hearing in the civil court instead.

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
all these stupid man made laws trying to govern faith which is a individual preference of belief. LOL

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anwar promised reform but backtracked on his words.
On the other hand, true reforms are coming out from sarawak. Very interesting.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chief Minister of Sarawak is an Iban, that's why.
he's an enlightened muslim.

I quote:
Your religion is your religion. My religion is my religion. Whatever you believe or do is between you and God.
—Abang Johari, 24 December 2018.

If only all other muslims could think the way he does, I'd call that progress.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
he's an enlightened muslim.

I quote:

—Abang Johari, 24 December 2018.

If only all other muslims could think the way he does, I'd call that progress.
You can quite yo Muslim authorities the verse but they will gone out with another obscure text to counter it.