• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Samsung to discontinue the note 7

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SEOUL—Samsung Electronics Co. said Tuesday that it would permanently discontinue production and sales of its embattled Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, pulling the plug on a much-hyped premium smartphone whose botched product recall has deeply damaged the brand.

Samsung said in a filing with South Korean regulators that it would permanently cease sales of the device, a day after it announced a temporary halt to production of the smartphones.

“Taking our customer’s safety as our highest priority, we have decided to halt sales and production of the Galaxy Note 7,” the company said.

The move comes on a day when Samsung shares tumbled 8%, its biggest one-day decline in eight years, amid increasing pressure after a new string of reported smartphone fires in the U.S.

Samsung’s global recall of 2.5 million Note 7s began more than a month ago after batteries in some phones overheated and caught fire.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/samsung-to-permanently-discontinue-galaxy-note-7-smartphone-1476177331

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
omg i must buy a note 7 now,this will be a precious collectible in future.first time a electronic company has ever recalled an entire product line.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasn't there a recent thread here extolling (short of advertising) the merits of S7? Now conspicuously silent as S7 has since gone to the grave :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard n7 is banned for checking in airline not sure how true.

Probably true because it is that dangerous. Have cases where the Note 7 caught fire when the phone was powered on as well as when it was powered off. When it was being charged & while it was just sitting on the bed side. Cannot predict when the phone will catch fire. The plane is the last place you want to have a fire.

Some people suspect that it was lithium batteries catching fire that caused the missing MH370 to crash?
We may never know since they can't find the planes debris.

After nearly 8 weeks Samsung is still secretive about the details of the problem. Maybe they have no clue as to the cause since they were too busy with the PR & cover up:rolleyes: People should be cautious about Samsung products. Read about their exploding washing machines. I was looking at replacing my refrigerator with a Samsung but now Samsung is off my list.

I don't think Samsung can be trusted & suspect that many consumers will feel the same way. There are many other consumer brands out there so it's no big deal.